Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Generations-Patch & existing Mods/Hacks  XML
Forum Index » Generations
crinrict

As I just read in one of the modding communities that probably MOST tuning mods will not be compatible anymore. Unless they get updated (or the creator clearly states that they work), don't use old mods/hacks.

This goes for the EP as well as THE PATCH ITSELF.

The seem to have changed a lot in the way stuff works now (new exe, new folders and other stuff) and this makes mods incompatible.

Scripting/objects mods (twallan, Buzzler, treeag, ...) will mostly be incompatible anyways and there will be NO CoreMod that is (Awesome Mod, Twallan's ErrorTrap, Any slider hacks, ..)

NoMosaic will be incompatible as well.

Please use this thread if you are unsure about any mods or have any questions. I will try to answer them but I don't know any tiny little mod out there. If allowed, provide me with a link (links to MATY or any mods that raise the rating are not allowed on here, even discussing them might get you in trouble, so keep it clean) or at least a name/creator that I could google

I would like to keep the mods separate from my bug thread, which can be found here:
Generations Bug Thread - Please read first post before posting

Please read these instructions, if you are unsure what to do:
TUTORIAL: What to do before patching

Updated Mods
Most of Twallan's mods. Most of them need to be updated. Check his place.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/01/11 09:08 AM

catloverplayer

Crinchet does this include the posing mods as well?

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
crinrict

I would assume. The poses itself won't be the problem but I guess cmomoney will need to update the mod itself.

Take it out and check what they have to say.

GalacticGal

Since you listed the vague "Any slider hacks" I'm going to assume that means the pointed ear slider mod from Mod the Sims won't work, either. I just put it in very recently, too. Bummer. Guess I'll just have to put it on my desktop and see how things go. Perhaps, the creator of said mod will do an updated version?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/30/11 06:38 PM

All three volumes of my Star Trek fan fiction trilogy can be downloaded for free from here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/
crinrict

No, that's not what I meant.

I don't know if the sliders itself will work or not BUT the slider hacks (that increase the number of sliders allowed, there are a few around) are usually core, which makes them not compatible.

If the sliders itself don't work anymore, some might update others probably won't. No way to tell.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/30/11 06:44 PM

ZeekSlider

Wait, what?! They changed the way the game works on a coding level to make mods useless?!

Why does that seem so... anit-Sims? I mean, hasn't the Sims community been all about moding the game? Wasn't that kind of the thing that was being promoted since the beginning? You know, the whole community involvement or something?

Like my post? Buy something off my wishlist as a thank you!
http://tinyurl.com/TS3Store-ZeekWishlist
Whales_Rock

Must. Stay. Strong. o___o
Will try to live without Twallan for a day

crinrict

I don't think they changed it just to make mods incompatible. Maybe the changes were made to make the game more stable.

And there ARE mods that seem work but we won't know that for sure until we know what patch level we're getting

DancerBakerSimLove

My friend asked a live expert, and they say that mods will not affect the installation.

Something cool could be hiding here

No one knows
CHEESEMONKEYSROOL

I NEVER use mods anyway. The guys who make them aren't even with EA, why would you trust that? And yes, I did have a forum about this in general discussion today, I was only ansking a question!

Whales_Rock

CHEESEMONKEYSROOL wrote:I NEVER use mods anyway. The guys who make them aren't even with EA, why would you trust that? And yes, I did have a forum about this in general discussion today, I was only ansking a question!

They aren't with EA. That's the good thing. They're better than EA in most cases

ZeekSlider

Whales_Rock wrote:
CHEESEMONKEYSROOL wrote:I NEVER use mods anyway. The guys who make them aren't even with EA, why would you trust that? And yes, I did have a forum about this in general discussion today, I was only ansking a question!

They aren't with EA. That's the good thing. They're better than EA in most cases
It's also kind of emberassing for EA that a modder is able to patch their game better than EA could patch their own game.

I guess that's why they changed some of the coding to make most of the mods incompatible with the game.

Grubwurm

EA swaps the coders around every 6mos or so. This is so that any people developing the game will not have any knowledge of the inner workings of the code except for the small part they worked on.

The indie developers who stay current actually have the most knowledge of the way Sims work then most of the software engineers that created the game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/30/11 07:11 PM

Whales_Rock

ZeekSlider wrote:
Whales_Rock wrote:

It's also kind of emberassing for EA that a modder is able to patch their game better than EA could patch their own game.

I guess that's why they changed some of the coding to make most of the mods incompatible with the game.

HAHA it is embarrassing xD

ZeekSlider

Grubwurm wrote:EA swaps the coders around every 6mos or so. This is so that any people developing the game will not have any knowledge of the inner workings of the code except for the small part they worked on.

The indie developers who stay current actually have the most knowledge of the way Sims work then most of the software engineers that created the game.
Wait, is that why the game has so many bugs right now? Because their programers keeps changing?!

Suddenly, a few things are starting to make sense. Why can't they have one dedicated team of developers so that, like the indey developers, they have the most knowledge of how the software works?

Forum Index » Generations
Go to: