Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Review (and Pictures) of Lunar Lakes! Big thanks to blewis823 for gifting it! :D  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
thesimling

**This is a PICTURE-HEAVY THREAD with around 25 pictures inside... so please be warned!**

**Thanks so much, blewis823, for gifting me this world!!**

Brief Summary:
First of all, I'd just like to say that for the most-part, this world is stunning. The Cons list is filled with minor issues that are slightly frustrating - but this is a stunning success!

My Pros and Cons list:

PROS

• The world is incredible, and looks very unusual - the atmosphere is incredible!

• The buildings are very interesting!

• Crystals are amazing!

• BELLA GOTH STORY CONTINUATION, OH MY WORD!!!!

• The Tree of Prosperity is very fun to use!

• The Unicorns really suit it (I'll explain this later...)!

• CONS

• School buses and taxis? I feel as if they haven't looked at every detail.

• The Criminal building is linked to the main portal system (including the Police Station)? They missed out a few important details!

• Reports say that there are regular bird sounds... another little missed out detail.

• My Extended Review/Pictures:

The world is incredible by daylight, and very big. The trees are vibrant and colourful, and the lakes are beautiful! The domes are really cute, and would fill me with nostalgia if I was actually in their situation. Here are some pictures...

VIEWS

BUILDINGS

At sunset/night, the world really seems to come to life and develop its own unique feel! The sunset makes the world go VERY red, and looks incredible. And at night... it's just unbeatable, with the Earth/another Moon dominating the sky! I ALSO met a random Unicorn!!

VIEWS

MOON

UNICORN

I'm in love with all of that... but what comes next is no doubt the best part of this world. The Tree of Prosperity is INCREDIBLE... the way it glows and the levitating imbuing animations are AMAZING!! There isn't much else I can say to you but show you some of the pictures I took of it! (It looks better at night!!)

TREE OF PROSPERITY

My Overall Thoughts and Rating:
    It's good! I started at 10/10 with this world, unlike most EA products at which I start with a 5! I can only deduct 1 point out of 10, because the school buses, average cars, taxis and a few details that weren't thought of weren't brilliant. So, I rate Lunar Lakes and its content:

9 out of 10!

I hope you enjoyed my review, please feel free to comment with your thoughts on the new world, if you agree with my review and anything you'd like to add!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/18/12 01:59 PM

cherid87120

Your pictures are beautiful. I downloaded yesterday but didn't have much time to play around in LL. Hopefully tonight after work I will. I didn't see the school busses or taxis yet
    zorba2357

Gorgeous pictures thesimling. Especially the close ups of the crystals, some of the buildings, the moon, orb, planet, whatever it is. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing That in the sky! And the terrain. Can't wait to get this , soon!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/17/12 09:45 PM

thesimling

cherid87120 wrote:Your pictures are beautiful. I downloaded yesterday but didn't have much time to play around in LL. Hopefully tonight after work I will. I didn't see the school busses or taxis yet

Thank you so much, cherid! I hope you get some time to play with it soon! And please, rest assured, you'll see those unsightly normal school buses it's like going into your dream world and being woken up!

zorba2357 wrote:Gorgeous pictures thesimling. Especially the close ups of the crystals, some of the buildings, the moon, orb, planet, whatever it is. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing That in the sky! And the terrain. Can't wait to get this , soon!

Thank you... but they wouldn't have been gorgeous without a gorgeous world, we have to remember! The crystals really amaze me, I wish we had them in build mode... I generally love everything about it - it's only those minute details which puts it off a 10! And I hope you'll also upload pictures when you get it!

SimGuruRusskii

Wow these are very cool looking pictures, can't wait to try it myself later (I downloaded it yesterday).

Thanks for posting this, it si good reference for me (I'm not that savvy yet)

thesimling

SimGuruRusskii wrote:Wow these are very cool looking pictures, can't wait to try it myself later (I downloaded it yesterday).

Thanks for posting this, it si good reference for me (I'm not that savvy yet)

When I saw that you'd commented I got very excited!! Thank you so much for looking at the pictures, I'm glad you liked them and I'm also glad that this is a good reference for you!

Jase

I've wanted Lunar Lakes ever since I read the name poll and now after seeing your super awesome pictures I really, really want it now. LOL

All the shots at sunset with the moon/planet is the sky are breath taking, I really hope I can get this world soon.
    PrincessTink384

quick question, where can i find the tree of prosperity?
    AznSensei

Lovely review, I am probably searching for a mod that makes it so the default car would be the Renault Twizzy or something (or make all of the pre-made sims own it >.> ).

mangoesandlimes

AznSensei wrote:Lovely review, I am probably searching for a mod that makes it so the default car would be the Renault Twizzy or something (or make all of the pre-made sims own it >.> ).

You might be able to put it in all of the premade sims' inventories, then use Twallan's traffic mod to turn off simulated traffic. Should at least reduce the amount of sloppy jalopies you see around.

Jennygirl

AznSensei wrote:Lovely review, I am probably searching for a mod that makes it so the default car would be the Renault Twizzy or something (or make all of the pre-made sims own it >.> ).

Haha yeah the first thing I did was go through and make that the car for every household. I guess a mod would have been easier.

MrHawk

Thank you very much for sharing. Awesome pictures.

C_Leilani

Beautiful pictures.
    Thanks for the info on the Tree of Prosperity, I would have kept looking and looking for it if you hadn't stated we needed to put it in ourselves. LoL
    thesimling

Jase wrote:I've wanted Lunar Lakes ever since I read the name poll and now after seeing your super awesome pictures I really, really want it now. LOL

All the shots at sunset with the moon/planet is the sky are breath taking, I really hope I can get this world soon.

Sorry about that! The world is extraordinary!

PrincessTink384 wrote:quick question, where can i find the tree of prosperity?

Well... you have to place it yourself, sadly! You can find it by going into Buy Mode and then going Function-->Decor-->Plants. Then scroll down to the very bottom, and you should find it there!

Thank you! It's annoying that we all have to use Mods to solve everything and make everything right! If a 3rd Party Mod can do the job... well EA can. And BETTER!

mangoesandlimes wrote:You might be able to put it in all of the premade sims' inventories, then use Twallan's traffic mod to turn off simulated traffic. Should at least reduce the amount of sloppy jalopies you see around.

Simulated traffic is so funny... I sometimes follow them, and they keep on driving until they lose me

Jennygirl wrote:Haha yeah the first thing I did was go through and make that the car for every household. I guess a mod would have been easier.

I haven't bothered with that yet... I took a picture of the taxi in Lunar Lakes and was going to upload it with a big "FAIL" across it in red letters, but I lost the picture before I could do that! probably a good thing, if you think about it!

MrHawk wrote:Thank you very much for sharing. Awesome pictures.

Thank you!! And thanks for reading my review too!

C_Leilani wrote:Beautiful pictures.
    Thanks for the info on the Tree of Prosperity, I would have kept looking and looking for it if you hadn't stated we needed to put it in ourselves. LoL

It's OK, EA never really think to place the advertised piece of Premium Content actually IN their world...

PansWoo

Thanks for your review. I'm off to buy it now!

Pans

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/18/12 10:01 AM

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
    Go to: