Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A running list of 79+ (yes really 79+!) OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED MISSING/CRIPPLED BASE features...  XML
Forum Index » The Sims 4
bflury

***Please note EA has moved the forums to a new domain. Our discussion continues here***

We are now maintaining the list on a tumblr website. You can always find the latest list along with sources here. The list below is no longer being updated on the older forums.

This is a list of features that were COMPLETELY CUT, REDUCED, or TWEAKED for the worst from previous base versions within The Sims series. It DOESN'T include missing expansion pack features that should be base by now (i.e. Weather) or new features promised for Sims 4, but later cut such as Colors Impacting Emotions and Woohoo Skills.

COVERAGE AS OF EARLY AUGUST: Well we were obviously on Reddit on Saturday during the forum lockdown! We have received mentions on Honeywells blog and Kunabee's Blog! And we have been discussed on all types of forums: GameFAQs, Sims 4 Forum, Tomb Raider Forums, Atrl.net, Multiple Facebook Posts, Empire Minecraft, Highschool Story Boards, Multiple SimsVIP Comments, Grcade, Polish Sims 4 Forum, Sims 4 Fan, Bronies Forum, ndonesian gaming site forum, and Gamespot Forums.

Awesome job guys! Keep spreading the news!

THANKS: A big shout out to everyone on this thread who has helped to ensure this list is accurate and complete!!!

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Graham Nardone (Sims 4 Producer) wrote:But the conversation then changes into discussing what is or isn’t there and the minutiae of differences in each feature along some scale because the easiest way to try and understand something new is to compare and contrast it to what came before.

Graham,
Every series from Mario to Grand Theft Auto typically will cut a feature or two from one installment to the other. That said, I don't believe we, as in most of the people you want to sell this game to, consider these a "minutiae" of differences...

MAJOR CONFIRMED MISSING: (All were in base versions of Sims 3)
No create a style (CAST) - NOT technically possible in future expansion (x)
No modifications to public space - The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
No "normal" careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
NO OPEN WORLD - You can't just walk from house to house without loading screen...(x1) (x2)
No pools (x)
No terrain tools other than paint - REALLY !?!?! (x)
No story progression - Aside from Sim's aging its out! (x)
No toddlers (x)
No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game! (patched into base Sims 3) (x)

MAJOR CONFIRMED AS CRIPPLED/LIMITED/LAME: (All were in base versions of Sims 3)
All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc. (x)
Babies are mere objects - ***ALL INTERACTION IS THRU THE BASINET, NO NEEDS, YOU CAN'T WALK AROUND WITH THEM*** (x)
Backgrounds are illusions - The buildings in the background are not playable AT ALL in the game! (x)
Completely FLAT building lots - That's right we've gone back to living in a flat world! (x)
Fewer floors/levels (x1) (x2)
SIGNIFICANTLY smaller "worlds" of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots (x)
Smaller lots - Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. (x)
Loading screens for individual lots (x)
Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. (x)

ALL OTHER MISSING GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS: (Were in base versions of Sims 1, Sims 2, or Sims 3)
No acne (x)
No aliens (x)
No animated hair (in Sims 2) (x)
No aspiration failures (with shrink visit) (in Sims 2) (x)
No babysitters (x)
No bartender (as NPC) (in Sims 2) (x)
No basements (patched into base Sims 3) (x)
No bookstores(x)
No burglars (x)
No cars (including as décor in home) (x)
No cemeteries (x)
No cinema’s (in Sims 2) (x)
No cleaning skill (in Sims 2) (x)
No cloths shopping (in Sims 2) (x)
No color wheel, predefined to ~20 colors (x)
No comfort needs (in Sims 2) (x)
No curfew (x)
No customization of multi-tone hair color (users select only main color) (x)
No dinner proposals (in Sims 2) (x)
No diseases or illness (x)
No dreams (in Sims 2) (x)
No environment needs (in Sims 2) (x)
No eyelash length slider (x)
No favorites (food, color, music) (x)
No fears (x)
No full face make-up (in Sims 2) (x)
No garage doors (x)
No gardeners for hire - Who is going to cut my lawn? (x)
No ghosts (x1) (x2)
No grocery stores (x)
No male body hair (patched into base Sims 3) (x)
No move object cheat (x)
No newspapers (x)
No opacity slider for makeup (patched into base Sims 3) (x)
No party invitations from other Sims (ok this may be a duplicate as it is apparently part of Story Progression) (x)
No private schools (or even on screen schools for that matter) (x)
No rabbit holes at all - Sadly the fix was the sim goes off screen instead of fixing it so the locations were working lots (x)
No random deaths (x)
No repairmen (x)
No repo man - Your toilets are now safe!!! (x)
No restaurants (in Sims 2) (x)
No skin slider (x)
No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. (x)
No tragic clown or social bunny (x)
No way to watch the sim commute to work/school (x)
No website for browsing exchange or store (its in-game only) (x)
No Will Wright (in Sims 1 & 2)
No zodiac signs (x)

MISSING OBJECTS: (Were in base versions of Sims 1, Sims 2, or Sims 3. Could certainly return as Premium Content or with Expansions)
No bikes (x)
No changing tables (in Sims 2) (x)
No cribs (x)
No dish washers (x)
No highchairs (x)
No hot tubs (x)
No pool tables (in Sims 1 & 2) (x)
No trash compactors (x)

ALL OTHER THAT IS CONFIRMED LAME:
32-bit executable - Intel has not sold mainstream consumer PC 32-bit processors in like 7+ years and it should have been 64-bit (to address more RAM which is very important to this game) (x)
Fewer "actual" traits (new traits = rewards in Sims 3) (x)
Fewer user selectable traits per Sim within CAS (additional ones assigned during gameplay) (x)
Incompatible simpoint currency - DON'T BUY BUNDLES IF YOU PLAN TO USE THEM ON SIMS 4 (x)

MOST LIKELY TRUE (not yet confirmed):
No cashier’s (in Sims 2) (x)
No create a world
No exterminator (in Sims 2) (x)
No swings
Premium Membership REQUIRED to get certain sets on release day or at all

STATUS UNCERTAIN (not yet confirmed):
No inheritance (in Sims 2) (x)
No interests (in Sims 2) (x)
No magazines (in Sims 2) (x)
No pinball machines (in Sims 2) (x)
No way to water flower beds / bushes (in Sims 2) (x)
No family trees (x)

CONTESTED FACTS (responses vary):
No attraction system
No MAC version - Answer changed from "after PC release" to "no comment" which has 100% of the time ultimately meant "no".

But don't worry you can "emotionally" breastfeed (although only while standing and by clicking on a crib?) and they have rocket ships to off screen. Yep, that's the trade off

Btw, since a picture is worth a thousand words... I proudly present The Sims 4 World Map! Yep, its that small!
To be clear: This is NOT a single "neighborhood" below, in fact it is showing ALL 6 "neighborhoods" in 1 "world"!!!

To be clear the features listed below are not rumors. Everything below has been confirmed with sources linked below or mentioned somewhere in this thread.

This message was edited 274 times. Last update was at 08/15/14 01:45 PM

the11thmoon

I am not buying this game.
I'm sorry.

I'll stick with Sims 3.

They should have taken the SIMS 3 concept to be HIGHER level. I would wait till 2017 for it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/14 05:41 PM

InannaWintermoon

This is the million dollar question.
pguida

Cars are only decor. I'm calling it.
alexandrea

pguida wrote:Cars are only decor. I'm calling it.
This

Halle_M

The Prophet has spoken! lol

Pguida has been right about a ton of stuff; I've seen him verbally lambasted by people regarding the missing toddlers, only for him to be proven completely correct. In fact, lol, I'm still curious where the Indiana Jones guy is, who basically called him a nutjob. He's been strangely absent from the forum since that announcement.

Snooty

They also confirmed that you can't edit public places, there are no favorites (food, color, music), you can't swim anywhere and teens (13-17 in the game) look almost the same as adults.

Owner of Snooty Sims
colton147

They haven't even confirmed cars, garages, and basements yet.

Take a look at a picture of Willow Creek, you will see a car on the road. You will also see what appears to be a garage.

Hegemon2222

colton147 wrote:They haven't even confirmed cars, garages, and basements yet.

Take a look at a picture of Willow Creek, you will see a car on the road. You will also see what appears to be a garage.

I don't believe there will be basements in the base game. I'm hoping in an expansion or patch. I think they focused on being able to pick up any house and physically move the entire thing, or being able to raise or lower the foundation at any time, to the detriment of having basements. Hopefully, they can program them back in the game.
Callum9432

You will also see a tram on the road. We know now that it is only decor.

As for garages, you're probably mistaken, because the lack of them has been discussed quite extensively.

Sucom

Snooty wrote:They also confirmed that you can't edit public places, there are no favorites (food, color, music), you can't swim anywhere and teens (13-17 in the game) look almost the same as adults.

I believe you are correct when you say you can't edit public spaces. So presumably you can't add lots. However, you can edit community and residential lots and if there are only up to 5 lots per neighbourhood I would imagine any editing done to the existing lots would make quite a big difference within that neighbourhood.
Oolonglong

Yep, no basements have been confirmed.

Usable cars, I believe, will be the next thing to be debunked. I know quite a few people miss the animations of them from Sims 2.
Moonbarker

Halle_M wrote:

The Prophet has spoken! lol

Pguida has been right about a ton of stuff; I've seen him verbally lambasted by people regarding the missing toddlers, only for him to be proven completely correct. In fact, lol, I'm still curious where the Indiana Jones guy is, who basically called him a nutjob. He's been strangely absent from the forum since that announcement.

He was right about the pools too!
Sucom

I feel that cars would be a little useless if there is not really anywhere to actually drive to. Although having said this, they were in Sims 2 and cars did have to be driven out of the neighbourhood.

I must admit, it does seem a little strange having houses with no driveways. That's not really very realistic at all.
AbJo129

Wait what, where is the garage. I have seen every screenshot and video looking for one. If you've seen one please could you post a pic or a link???

TS4: Take what you can. Give nothing back.

Forum Index » The Sims 4
Go to: