Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
If I uninstall / reinstall will i lose all of my sims, houses, achievements, and skills?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Sim3Rich

well look who it is? Spooke LOL where ya been ur baby mommas are looking for you like blu and others at the site in my siggy!

@ your question yes you lose everything

Shadow

Spooke wrote:I downloaded the nude patch like 3 days after the sims came out and i cant update because of that... So i just continued to play without updates. the latest update i tried to download and now my game wont even run (update didn't finish). so i get a black screen ect..

My only option is to uninstall/reinstall

If I do this, will i lose my sims, houses, skills, ect?

Or is there a way to replace those files with the correct ones so that i dont have to uninstall?

Please Help Me! i haven't played the sims in months because of this..

The file you're looking for is on your disk. Insert your CD, and go to My Computer.
Navigate to the Game/Bin folder on your disk, and find Shaders_Win32. Make a copy of that file and put it in the same place in Program Files.

Spooke

I downloaded the nude patch like 3 days after the sims came out and i cant update because of that... So i just continued to play without updates. the latest update i tried to download and now my game wont even run (update didn't finish). so i get a black screen ect..

Or is there a way to replace those files with the correct ones so that i dont have to uninstall?

Hamadeyalook

Go to your sims folder in my documents and make a copy of the library and the saves and place them on the desktop. After you reinstall place them back.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/reclamation-beginning
billydilly

Just copy your Electronic Arts folder from My Documents to your desktop. Reinstall then copy and paste your Electronic Arts folder into My Documents.

If you don't put your Electronic Arts folder in your My Documeants folder somewhere all your sims data WILL be deleted. And don't have hacks/mods while updating the game!

Use "width=450" "height=600" at the end of a picture to make the picture smaller so you don't break the forums!
Spooke

Shadow!!! Thank you so much bro.. i've been trying to solve this problem for along time and nobody could help me but you man. thank you!
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

OMG ~ My Baby Daddy!
We've been so worried! You need to get at me ASAP!

Cries tears of joy!

Baby Momma,
blu

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/03/09 11:13 PM

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥At Work!♥
Shadow

Spooke wrote:Shadow!!! Thank you so much bro.. i've been trying to solve this problem for along time and nobody could help me but you man. thank you!

You're welcome!

King4510411

Baby daddy spooke we've missed you! Good to see you.

Baby mommy king

XallypallyX

Shadow wrote:
Spooke wrote:I downloaded the nude patch like 3 days after the sims came out and i cant update because of that... So i just continued to play without updates. the latest update i tried to download and now my game wont even run (update didn't finish). so i get a black screen ect..

The file you're looking for is on your disk. Insert your CD, and go to My Computer.
Navigate to the Game/Bin folder on your disk, and find Shaders_Win32. Make a copy of that file and put it in the same place in Program Files.

I can't seem to follow what you have said, to copy that file 'Navigate to the Game/Bin folder on your disk, and find Shaders_Win32. Make a copy of that file and put it in the same place in Program Files.' I can't find shaders_Win32. I am having the same problem as spooke and i do not wish to lose my achievements and sims please help me.
Fordee09

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: