Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Red County  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Coasterboi

FreakAboutSims wrote:Are you telling me this neighborhood has entered beta testing?
I've been looking forward to this since discovering it.
But is the only thing I need to download is that lighting mod?
Just making sure.

It's not required but I do recommend it if you want the downtown buildings to light up at night, as well as having light on the ground floor in multi-story rooms. But if you chose not to, it just wont appear in your world.
Writin_Reg

I would not place the the other Palms, especially because they are from TSR for too many reasons to get into here, but they will be a definite turn off if you do, never mind the fact they are third party content and bring with them a host of problems. But what you could do is suggest that pack to people interested in having actual California trees on your final package.

Also keep in mind we don't yet know what new plants may come with Ambitions and seeing EA has been getting their ears bent from requests for desert plants and such, they just might include some more.

You really want to avoid CC if you want the most downloaders for your world. You will get enough gripers over EPs and free store stuff as it is, but you do not want to add things to your world that can possibly break the world with EA's next patch, sp or the next ep. When it is TSR they blow a gasket if you put their stuff anywhere on the main Sims 3 site - number 1, and number 2 and 3 I don't want to talk about regarding TSR - but they've gotten themselves a ton of bad Karma in the world of creators and downloaders, so you most definitely do not want to go that route. But telling people about that set and letting them choose whether or not they want to go to that site and get those trees should be okay and TSR wouldn't freak because you did it their way and sent the ones interested in it to their site. But many of the top creators here on CAW and Modthesims will not look kindly over you using TSR stuff at all if you decided to forego my suggestion. It is your right and your world - but you did ask.

Oh, okay - then I don't have to worry about those houses then. I was not going to move any Sims in here myself except for my tester Sims that I have heavily skilled or set up just for testing difference aspects of a new town anyway. I was just feeling sorry for the sims the game was placing in a bedless house. Like I said when I saw new townies, I'd just go into edit town and toss them to the clipboard and add a few beds for them.

I know they are just virtual people, but I can't help but feel sorry for them if things aren't right especially if there are little simmies involved. hehehe

But you mentioned you were planning for an Ambitions addition to the hood, so I sort of assumed I'd be getting that for the final anyway. Hopefully when I get my jogging sims out and about I'll probably find those routing and tearing issues. I did not get the chance to go to the town last night, so hopefully tonight. We have friends in real life getting married Saturday and they came over to visit last night and pick up their wedding presents as these were a bit tough to bring to a church as we got them some nursery raised flowering heirloom plants for the barren yard of their new house. Not the kind that you would probably see in California though. hehehe

Anyway, that's my thoughts and I'll get back to you as soon as I have any more info good or bad.

FreakAboutSims

Will there ever be families added to this neighborhood in the completed state?
Writin_Reg

Oh I assure you it will add it's own even if Coasterboi does not plan on making a save file. That though he has to answer, but just in the tester world I am testing for him in two days I already now have 10 Sims families I did not put in here, and that is with the houses in the game having no beds. This town is a sims magnet.

Cyberqueen13

I'm testing too. I've been playing none stop since he released it.
Taking time to eat and sleep of course
I am pretty sure that you must turn your game progression OFF. I moved in enough sims to fill up the trailer park and the section of homes across the street from the trailer park. I wanted to put the city in action and see some life. Sims went to work, school and I saw sims hanging out socializing. YOu don't need to have story progession on. Your sims still live when you are not playing their house, they just won't "progress". They won't get married, have babies, change jobs or get promoted or fired. I always play with "progression OFF". This way my family is just like I left it except they may have relationships that weren't their before. "Sims are very social"
As for the sim that was unemployed but ends up working some terrible job, usually crime or kitchen, well, the new EP will fix that! We can register at city hall as self-employed.

Okay, back to the topic. The town has not added any sims for me. I did dump ALL OF MY FAMILIES into the city BEFORE commencing to playing in it. Also, story progression was turned off BEFORE I even went into edit town to add the families. Now, I have only seen 1 stranger in town, meaning someone I did not add. But When I went to edit town to see what home he moved in I did not see a new resident in the community. Every family was still in the trailer park where I left them. The game does have NPC and you may see them around from time to time. But if you follow them they just disappear. Maybe no one moves in because the houses are empty. But if Coasterboi does decorate the homes there is a way to stop them from moving in EVEN with progression ON. You go to edit town and change all the lots to community lot and pick "no visitors". Then the system won't move any sims in. Then when you want to use the house you just change it back to residence and add the stove back. The game deletes the stoves on community lots.

Well that's all I can help with for the issue.

Coasterboi, I did want you to know that I have been testing, and playing, playing mostly but that's testing too
I wanted to know if you mind if I put some pics of your city in my studio, giving you credit for everything you've done. It will be another way to get the world noticed. I have been taking pics of the families as they move in and also when they decorate the homes the want to live in. (They don't really decorate, its me Any way, just wanted to ask if you would like to see who's livin' in your town! I have many celebs and more are coming as they hear of how great it is! LOL

Let me know what you think. Oh I will post my findings in the city in another post. I think this one is long enough

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/20/10 12:36 PM

I Dream of Sims
FreakAboutSims

Writin_Reg wrote:Oh I assure you it will add it's own even if Coasterboi does not plan on making a save file. That though he has to answer, but just in the tester world I am testing for him in two days I already now have 10 Sims families I did not put in here, and that is with the houses in the game having no beds. This town is a sims magnet.

But isn't this just townies and junk?

Or would sim families actually move into houses?
cazg1974

I adore this world, i placed families and a few of my own lots in as i normally would, i spent a few hours making a house for my new sim couple, when i was ready to play i sent both my sims to the bookstore for their skilling books, unfortunately it locked up, i had to actually end the program manually as it was not responding, then again i tried just incase, as soon as they get near the bookstore it just freezes and thats it, i know it is not my computer as its very high spec.
So unfortunately i can not play this world and its a real blow.
SouranPly

Great map. Well done.
vssdgames

This is really fantastic

Coasterboi

cazg1974 wrote:I adore this world, i placed families and a few of my own lots in as i normally would, i spent a few hours making a house for my new sim couple, when i was ready to play i sent both my sims to the bookstore for their skilling books, unfortunately it locked up, i had to actually end the program manually as it was not responding, then again i tried just incase, as soon as they get near the bookstore it just freezes and thats it, i know it is not my computer as its very high spec.
So unfortunately i can not play this world and its a real blow.

that's odd! Which bookstore was it? There are two: one near the beach and another in downtown.
Cyberqueen13

I went to the library near the beach, well my sim did, and there was someone practicing chess at each table. Problem was, you don't have enough space between tables for the chairs that are "back to back". The sim won't let you have 2 sims sit back to back. Of course I can go into edit town and fix myself, but I didn't know if you wanted to be told of minor things the player can fix or just the things that you have to fix in CAW like tears and things? Also the sim runs around the building like a fool when leaving the diner near the beach, but I don't mind it at all if it would require changing how it looks. I like how it looks so they will just have to look silly sometimes I think it may only happen with the active sim.

Oh, I also edited the libraries. Different bookcases have different books. To keep the look of what you have, I kept all the same bookcases on each floor, so if you want to read a different type of book you have to go to a different floor, but ALL books are now available in the library. Free books that is

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

BTW I spend most of my time near the beach right now and I have not had ANY problems with the library there. I think the other person maybe just needs to close out and play it without adding houses. I have had sims get stuck at the grocery in Sunset Valley and that was made by EA! This may have been because I edited during the day when sims are out. Now I try to edit at night when most sims are asleep. I encounter less problems that way. Just a suggestion.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/20/10 10:41 PM

I Dream of Sims
Coasterboi

By all means, report minor lot bugs too! I want players to have as little of inconviniences as possible.
Thanks for telling me about the boocases. I wasn't aware each had different sets of books. I'll change that up
Cyberqueen13

I've started a story to get the word out about your new county. I have many more great pics to add but the loading system seems to be having problems. You know EA. I have posted the problem on the forum to EA. Who knows how long it will take them to fix it.

I Dream of Sims
Simmerd80

I just started play testing this world. It is so fabulous! I love it!!
The details are amazing!
I think I will play in this world until Ambitions then once you update, I will redownload.

I would love to start a struggling stylist living in the trailer park haha and move her up until she is able to live in one of the more expensive beautiful homes. I especially love the subdivision across the golf course.
I wish I lived there in real life hahaha.

This really is an amazing amazing world!!!

Ps. I just created a thread in IDeas and feedback section to get EA to see your world as a protype for a city life expansion. It really is just amazing and they need to see this world!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/21/10 01:09 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: