Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Setra, jewel of the sands  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Pyronium3

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Its not working whenever I go on it lets me play but the game freezes when I choose a family......... sooooooo sad

Any family?

Yep Tia Clover and her granddaughter got stuck in the apartment they live in (the black unroutable section)...The Hanson guy, got stuck in his apartment also, overwatch said there names and that they were unroutable so I switched to them using MC, and found they were stuck in those areas. I did a reset on Hanson and he was transferred to the front of the apartment building, but with Tia and her granddaughter I had to completely delete them and make them again and add them back to the family using MC. All is well in my game now.

Totally odd! The whole point of hidden room markers is that Sims shouldn't be able to get in there.. I'm stumped!

P.S. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find where to download this mod. Do you happen to have it bookmarked and able to post it?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ This is Twallan's website.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch This is the page for Overwatch.

A ton of people use his mods, and he's very professional and knowledgeable about what he's doing. I doubt they can really mess up your game if you use them properly (and in the case of Overwatch it should improve your game!).

Shhh, don't tell anyone!
Lizziguin

Thank you so much ^_^ I'll definitely try this out and see if it helps.

Okay...I must be dumb today because now I can't even figure out where there is a download button. I joined the site and it still says I'm not a member (guessing I have to be a member to download?). I'm sorry for being such a pain :\ I'd really like to try this mod though lol.

NEVERMIND! finally figured it out lol.

And now I can't figure out how to install it with Winrar -facedesk-
This is seriously way more complicated then I thought it would be Why can't anyone just make a simple mod?

Sorry for all the edits, but I think I finally got it just had to settle down and THINK clearly.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 02/24/12 07:41 PM

SquicklePickle

I absolutely love this city and was so excited to start playing it. However when i try and choosea household to play with my game freezes and then crashes and i dont know why. Its such a shame because it could of become my new favourite neighbourhood.
TiffanyJuno26

Love the neighborhood! However, when I try to build or buy on a community lot, it acts as if it's an apartment and says "The homeowner's association does not allow this" or "You cannot build, buy or destroy outside of your unit."

What should I do? :s
Pyronium3

Sorry for all the edits, but I think I finally got it just had to settle down and THINK clearly.

Hehe, good to hear you figured it out eventually. If you need any more help feel free to ask.

I absolutely love this city and was so excited to start playing it. However when i try and choosea household to play with my game freezes and then crashes and i dont know why. Its such a shame because it could of become my new favourite neighbourhood.

Is this with every household, or are you trying to play with the Mendez family? If with every household: What are your system specifications?

Love the neighborhood! However, when I try to build or buy on a community lot, it acts as if it's an apartment and says "The homeowner's association does not allow this" or "You cannot build, buy or destroy outside of your unit."

What should I do? :s

Some community lots have hidden room/level skip markers on them. If you want to edit them use these cheats:

First type in (Without the quotations): 'testingcheatsenabled true'

Then type: 'restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off'

This should allow you to edit them. When you're done you simply repeat the cheats but then with false/on.

Shhh, don't tell anyone!
ArchAngelX

Hey Pyro, I'm also experiencing the same problem as SquicklePickle. When I tried to play the Wanton household, it took slightly longer to load compared to the other Setra households, then when the game finally loaded the household, the game just froze and green pixel patches appeared on the terrain. I had to maunally restart the comp

I don't know if it's just limited to the Wanton household as I managed to load the Chase household just fine.

I have all the EPs installed, and these are my comp specs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 Processor 2310
Nvidia GeForce GT530 2GB
8GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive

Error 404. Signature not found
Mollymoon123

Wow, that's an amazing world!
SquicklePickle

Its not all the households but i created my own household and was playing them fine until i tried to get them to go to a community lot and on the way the game froze as they were trying to use the subway.
Mom50409

Dave_Luck wrote:Hey Pyronium,

Great world BTW! Exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, I have this issue exclusive only to this world. I can't see the relationship panel, when I tried other households, I still can't see it. When I tried other worlds, I was able to see the relationship panel. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but this problem, from what I experimented with, only occurred in Setra.

Just started playing the World and I noticed the same thing. The family (the Van Sloots)does not have each other in their relationship panels or anyone else. I've never seen this before. It's weird.

[url=http://www.missingstudios.com/sig.html][img]h
ttp://www.missingstudios.com/ms/s
Pyronium3

I don't know if it's just limited to the Wanton household as I managed to load the Chase household just fine.

I have all the EPs installed, and these are my comp specs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 Processor 2310
Nvidia GeForce GT530 2GB
8GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive

I just tested this for myself and the Wanton household loaded just fine for me.. Have you tried it more than once? If so, does it happen every time? In that case I really wouldn't know what could cause it. Your computer specs seem to be fine too.

Its not all the households but i created my own household and was playing them fine until i tried to get them to go to a community lot and on the way the game froze as they were trying to use the subway.

Well, Setra does really require a LOT from your computer. See the bottom of this reply for more info.

Just started playing the World and I noticed the same thing. The family (the Van Sloots)does not have each other in their relationship panels or anyone else. I've never seen this before. It's weird.

Odd, especially because I've just tested this with that family (And others) and don't have that problem. The relationship panel shows their family just fine. Only thing I've noticed is that the Sim portraits can be empty while the sims are loading.

Are you using any mods that might cause this?

And just for everyone experiencing weird issues which could be related to performance:

----You HAVE to have LAA enabled: LAA

This only applies for computers which use more than 2GB of RAM (You shouldn't be playing this world if you don't have that anyway).

----Another thing you might try is disabling DEP for the sims 3 and each expansion pack: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help: Data_Execution_Prevention (Remove the space between : and Data -- I couldn't paste the link without it turning into a smiley)

----Last, but not least: does your computer meet the requirements? This world is huge, and the Sims has been increasing its demands with every expansion pack.

-4GB of RAM is probably the minimum you need to play this world. Without that, textures may load slow and thus slow your game down. It's also possible you'll have issues saving the game due to a shortage of memory.

-Another important factor is your processor. I use an Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q6600, which runs at 2.4 GHz. It's a pretty old processor and I notice it slows my game down. In fact, Setra doesn't run smoothly for me either (But I experience no crashing).

If your processor has specifications much lower than that one, I would considering if it's making Setra unplayable for you.

-Your video card is less important, I reckon. You can always adjust your game settings to compensate. On that note: play around with the high detail lot setting. Setra's lots are quite detailed, which means lots of things to load. If you have the number set to 4, for example, you'll probably notice your fps will make big drops whenever you need to load in new lots.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/27/12 02:13 AM

Shhh, don't tell anyone!
ktharder2011

Awesome world! It has froze on me a few times but I don't believe it's the world causing it. Thank you sooo much for taking the time to make it and sharing with us 5 stars
snuddelhund

How did you place the Foodtruck?

I am better than I know!!

If I correct you, then I'm just trying to be helpful
Supersoph13

This world is amazing and absolutely beautiful! God, I wish I could play it but I'm not even going to try as I only have 2GB RAM! Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade(mainly for when/if they bring Seasons out as I know I'm going to need lots more), but it will be up to my parents as they'll be the one's paying for it :/

Anyway beautiful world, you clearly have a talent for CAW! I'm bookmarking this for future reference

amaholus

Hello there Pyronium
First off, amazing world. I have been playing around in Setra for the past few days, and absolutely love it. Thank you for all your hard work and efforts. Definitely worth the wait!

I have noticed one thing which may account for some lag issues that people have mentioned....it seems that there is always quite a bottleneck at the school each morning (about 15 Sims standing in line to get in), and I have had some students not get inside until nearly noon.

Just thought I would throw that out there so you were aware, and perhaps this is happening in other folks games as well.
T966ER

Hey! First let me say I have been searching for a world that didn't look like it was thrown together in an hour with a bunch of lots from EA worlds and FINALLY I have found it!! I'm running a 21.5" iMac with a 2.5 i5 and 4GB of RAM. I can only manage to play the game for about 10 minutes before it crashes unexpectedly. No lag or anything, it just crashes. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Anyone else have a Mac and can run it without this problem? Thanks.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: