Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Just to set the record straight...  XML
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Author Message
heidi11576


Joined: 05/29/09 01:16 PM
Messages: 1053
Offline

ok so I looked at the screen shots again..and I guess it could be a girl scout uniform..I dont know really .. I think people are overthinking it wayyyyyyyyyyy too much because they want to find as much fault with the pack as possible..as if that will change it being released ..no it will not

Girl scout uniform or not I think the too sexy argument is still ridiculous unless you are offended by most of the master suite pack also





Profile
GaMomo


Joined: 08/12/10 04:01 AM
Messages: 293
Location:The Scarlet Devil Mansion: Basement

Correct me if i'm wrong slynnski.But I believe what she is saying is that clothes you would normally see children in is being turned into a over sexual style for the ya/a females in game. Master suites those are clothes that you would see on ADULT women in life not on children.

Profile
slynnski


Joined: 06/05/09 01:46 PM
Messages: 1790
Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.
Offline

heidi11576 wrote:ok so I looked at the screen shots again..and I guess it could be a girl scout uniform..I dont know really .. I think people are overthinking it wayyyyyyyyyyy too much because they want to find as much fault with the pack as possible..as if that will change it being released ..no it will not


First of all, I enjoy this SP and am looking forward to it very much and don't find offense in anything shown so far. I was just trying to help katana explain her point since you and a few others didn't seem to be getting it. So, don't lump me into the 'finding fault with the pack' group. And plus, the same can be said for you about finding excessive and obnoxious ways of over-glorifying this pack in multiple threads, just not this one. No offense, but this is (part of the reason) why people on these forums are bashing this pack, its fans, and Katy Perry's fans so much--because the majority of them tend to present themselves as thirteen year old girls who are A. not mature, B. inept when it comes to critical thinking and having intelligent conversation and C. can't find any faults with this SP, even though there are many. And again, before you falsely lump me into the 'haterz' crowd, for the record I love the concept of this SP (for the most part) and plan on getting it.

Secondly, no one is trying to prevent it from being released, we're just posting opinions and feedback. Where you got that idea or why you would think that is beyond me....

Participate in my contest!
Profile
slynnski


Joined: 06/05/09 01:46 PM
Messages: 1790
Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.
Offline

GaMomo wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong slynnski.But I believe what she is saying is that clothes you would normally see children in is being turned into a over sexual style for the ya/a females in game. Master suites those are clothes that you would see on ADULT women in life not on children.


I'm assuming you're referring to katana, and yes, that is what she is saying. Basically some people find the fact that this SP is perversifying (I just made up a new word) childrens clothing and clothing with childrens themes more offensive than the sexy lingerie that was in Master Suite...which certain people can't seem to wrap their brain around.

Participate in my contest!
Profile
GaMomo


Joined: 08/12/10 04:01 AM
Messages: 293
Location:The Scarlet Devil Mansion: Basement

Lol. I like the word you made up and yes I am actually I was referring to Katana and the points that you all made. As soon as I saw the cookie scout uniform ( that is what i'm calling it) I automatically thought girl scouts brownies in particular.

Profile
slynnski


Joined: 06/05/09 01:46 PM
Messages: 1790
Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.
Offline

GaMomo wrote:Lol. I like the word you made up and yes I am actually I was referring to Katana and the points that you all made. As soon as I saw the cookie scout uniform ( that is what i'm calling it) I automatically thought girl scouts brownies in particular.


Gotcha.

Participate in my contest!
Profile
katana_x


Joined: 07/07/09 07:43 AM
Messages: 1155
Offline

GaMomo wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong slynnski.But I believe what she is saying is that clothes you would normally see children in is being turned into a over sexual style for the ya/a females in game. Master suites those are clothes that you would see on ADULT women in life not on children.


That's exactly what I was saying.

Heidi11576, no, I'm not just hating on the pack, I'm not a pervert who drools over pixels or sexualizes children, and I'm certainly not just thinking about it too hard. I just have these pesky critical thinking skills and can look at things from multiple points of view to analyze different opinions and perspectives.

Seriously, I have no problem with this pack other than it's lack of versatility (for me). I'm just pointing out why some people might find it a little off-putting. If you can't see it, I can't help you there.
Profile
stormwench


Joined: 06/06/09 04:57 PM
Messages: 4293
Location:Pacific NW
Offline

heidi11576 wrote:Hmmm I dont think many people view it as sexy children attire..how can it be..the oufits are not made for sim children...but thats your issue...I dont even wanna get into that kind of conversation

most people seem to have issue with the fact that they think its too girly.


She said sexualized child's clothing and that is different then when you say sexy children's clothing. I don't think you get the difference. Sexy children's clothing is what they put on little girls to make them look older for the runway in a pageant, sexualized children's clothing for adults is clothing that normally a child wears but is made into adult wear in a inappropriate manner that tends to turn on a certain segment with certain fantasies. Very much a different thing.

I have no problem with an adult girl scout uniform as adults wear those (called girl scout leaders) only their midriff is not showing and the skirt is not 3 sizes too small and too short. This was obviously to dress up an adult to look like a young child and it has connotations that step over the boundaries even in a game that has sex involved in it. When my teenager declares it 'sick' and not in a good way I think that even teens get that difference.

I really don't want to see NPC's wiggling around my town in cupcake bras as outer clothing and strutting through the park in a child's girl scout uniform that has been sexualized as being too tight and too short and exposing parts of the body. I was a girl scout leaders for a couple of years and actually was insulted when I saw the uniform depicted that way. Sure I show my midriff now and then but not in my girl scout uniform.

I understand that, maybe in less then good taste, some of these may have been costumes for a performance but these are not performance costumes, this is everyday wear for our sims and that means that the NPC's wear them too, with no control over when and how.

catloverplayer wrote:Master Suites has far more sexy clothing then this sp does. The only sexy clothing I see in this sp is the cupcake bra and the dress with the pepperment candy stripes and bow.

The majaroty of clothing in master suites however is sexy to me atleast for females though they missed the mark for males. I saw only one sexy male outfit the robe with the undies.


The excuse of "Master Suite' was worse does not really fly - that was all sleepwear and lingerie, my NPC's don't wander down the street or visit the bookstore in their sleepwear. There is nothing in the game right now that will stop them from showing up in a cupcake bra or a sexualized girl scout uniform.


slynnski wrote:
heidi11576 wrote:
slynnski wrote:We're saying how over-sexualized childrens outfits made for adults can be offensive to some people...which you still don't seem to be understanding.


no I dont understand because I dont see them as children's outfits at all



...so you're saying children don't wear girl scout outfits?


Not with midriff's showing and skirts too short or too tight. As I said, even adults wear them, but not in such a sexualized manner. This outfit was very obviously made to make a grownup woman look like a little girl in her girl scout uniform in a very sexual way. We all seen to get the idea of a grown man wanting his date dressed in a cheerleaders uniform or dressed up in a school girls uniform and whats going on. Not sure what you are not getting about the girl scout uniform, everyone has been very specific about this - as specific as they can be here anyway - no one is saying this is sexy kids wear how could they no kid aged sim is wearing it? This is adult clothing with some very inappropriate sexual connotations.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/30/12 06:48 AM




Profile
khynnea


Joined: 06/27/09 03:01 PM
Messages: 248

katana_x wrote:... I'm not a pervert who drools over pixels or sexualizes children, and I'm certainly not just thinking about it too hard. I just have these pesky critical thinking skills and can look at things from multiple points of view to analyze different opinions and perspectives.
...


I had been watching this thread and quite pleased to see you posting what I thought was a very succinct and clearly worded explanation to people, and yet some are still not getting how this is different from master suite attire. And when Stormwench tries to explain, I've seen people wrap that up also as "hating on the SP" and confusing it with her other very clearly stated reasons.

It's mind boggling. Thanks for trying folks. I have a suspicion that some people just won't get the point. We can be verbose, we can be terse, we can speak plainly or not, but it's almost as if some people want to over-simplify things to "sexy" vs. "not sexy" or "good" vs. "bad."

I have my cadet vest with badges in my closet. Would I ever grab it and wear it without a bra over a miniskirt with vinyl boots with four inch heels? Uh, no. Would I take a different vest out of my closet and do the same, one that even showed more skin? Sure. If you can't get that contextually, you just might not get why it's not ok to many people to have young adults or adults running around our sim towns wearing the cookie or cupcake dress.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 07:22 AM


This footer out of date. La la la.
Profile
eclipsetrixxz


Joined: 11/25/10 02:29 AM
Messages: 1519
Location::)

I like some of her music....But let's just say her 'California gurls' Song was a disgrace to women...For anyone who hasn't seen it please do...it's horrible. And I'm 23 almost 24 all my friends think I'm crazy for not loving her music. But that girl needs to learn how to dress properly. Her and that 'gaga'...smh
Profile
slynnski


Joined: 06/05/09 01:46 PM
Messages: 1790
Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.
Offline

stormwench wrote:
slynnski wrote:
heidi11576 wrote:
slynnski wrote:We're saying how over-sexualized childrens outfits made for adults can be offensive to some people...which you still don't seem to be understanding.


no I dont understand because I dont see them as children's outfits at all



...so you're saying children don't wear girl scout outfits?


Not with midriff's showing and skirts too short or too tight. As I said, even adults wear them, but not in such a sexualized manner. This outfit was very obviously made to make a grownup woman look like a little girl in her girl scout uniform in a very sexual way. We all seen to get the idea of a grown man wanting his date dressed in a cheerleaders uniform or dressed up in a school girls uniform and whats going on. Not sure what you are not getting about the girl scout uniform, everyone has been very specific about this - as specific as they can be here anyway - no one is saying this is sexy kids wear how could they no kid aged sim is wearing it? This is adult clothing with some very inappropriate sexual connotations.


Are you really that daft or did you not read the entire thread? Even if you just read the entire part you quoted you would understand that I GET what katana is saying and was trying to explain it to heidi, who was not (and still doesn't) understanding it.

I'm not an idiot, but thanks for trying to make me look like one. You just redirected it back at yourself in the process.

Participate in my contest!
Profile
kethrydrake


Joined: 08/20/11 06:13 PM
Messages: 1841
Offline

I would like to thank katana for her clear articulation of my original point. There is nothing wrong with sexy clothing. I saw the outfits from Master Suite and find nothing inherently wrong with them. They are designed for adult women and intended to be worn by adult women in a romantic/bedroom setting. The woohoo'ing shown is discreetly hidden. Sexy depends on context and the outfit that was shown would be acceptable if: there was no sash with little images that look like badges sewn on it and it was a different color.
The fact that it looks very similiar to a girl scout's uniform, a very sexualized girl scout's uniform, is what makes it questionable.

Profile
GaMomo


Joined: 08/12/10 04:01 AM
Messages: 293
Location:The Scarlet Devil Mansion: Basement

eclipsetrixxz wrote:I like some of her music....But let's just say her 'California gurls' Song was a disgrace to women...For anyone who hasn't seen it please do...it's horrible. And I'm 23 almost 24 all my friends think I'm crazy for not loving her music. But that girl needs to learn how to dress properly. Her and that 'gaga'...smh


As much of a "little monster" that I am I do have the tendencies to go *** when I see lady gaga most of the time but to be honest and all: weirdness sells. and I think that is what make these two women so popular (I like the music to be honest not so much the style).

Profile
Ceres_Meiriona


Joined: 07/26/09 06:16 PM
Messages: 1347
Offline

heidi11576 wrote:ok so I looked at the screen shots again..and I guess it could be a girl scout uniform..I dont know really .. I think people are overthinking it wayyyyyyyyyyy too much because they want to find as much fault with the pack as possible..as if that will change it being released ..no it will not

Girl scout uniform or not I think the too sexy argument is still ridiculous unless you are offended by most of the master suite pack also



Heidi, haters are going to hate no matter what you say. Don't let the negativity bring you down, see you in the SP.

Profile
SimsAddiction968


Joined: 06/20/09 03:41 AM
Messages: 1069
Offline

I like the objects, clothes not so much especially the reference to Girl Scouts Brownie uniform. I will be doing recolors IF I use it in game. As far as sexy, nah not really. Master Suites yes. But everyone has their opinion of sexy.

I don't expect everyone to know who she is. I would like those who don't to find some youtube videos of her and form their own opinion tho.
Profile
 
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: