Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
bizarre cause of lag/freeze issue - 1st post updated 8/26/13  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Writin_Reg

Amjoie yes - in order to change the name you have to.

amjoie

Writin_Reg wrote:Amjoie yes - in order to change the name you have to.

Okie dokie. Save as it is.

I did think of one other question, though. I know you said that the situation has been worsening with each expansion since LN. So I need to ask: If I get the world to work with X number of lots, in ST, and it is running smoothly, if I never use the in-game world editor again, will it stay safe, even when the next expansion comes out?

I'm just having horrifying thoughts of going through all this testing, finally coming to a safe plateau of added lots, and then when I add the next couple expansions and without making any changes, having a broken world on my hands.

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
crinrict

Thank you for the compliments, WR

If you think of something, just let me know in the tech forum thread.

elanorbreton

Sorry if I missed this amongst some very lengthy posts, but does anyone know if there are set places where tourists, paparazzi and wild animals spawn?

I've gone through AP and sorted that hood out, but I just moved on to doing Twinbrook and there's a lot of places that are closed in with walls and fences which could trap things. It's gonna take me a long time if I have to alter everything/add gates so I want to be sure I'm not wasting my time.
Writin_Reg

No Amjoie - eps do not break your added lots in former worlds - not EA's or any of the User created ones I have successfully added lots to. I have a lot of longevity saves from both original Sunset Valley (26 generations) and Caw worlds Mesa Valley II and Longview II - and even with the borage of the WE - it has in no way affected already finished saves. So the save is worth keeping safe for all future use once you get it the way you are happy with it. Once I get a good save - I may make at least 2 copies of it, leaving one on my desktop sims folder and a copy of it on my backup harddrive sims folder. I have everything backed up at least twice and update as needed - but i always keep a copy of the original save with all the changes and so far not one save has failed me yet or broken.

Elanor - unfortunately there is no way to predict where either of those will spawn -but once you do see them spawn in one place in a new game start you will see more of the same spawn in that same place - that's why I mentioned before to just keep a look out for them. Unfortunately they will also spawn in other places too, but they generally always have repeat spawnings where they have spawned before.

Another thing you want to be on the look out for in a new world is if you send your sims on WA, where on the map they leave your town and then where they return. Make sure that area of return is not a trap spot or your own sims might get trapped.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/12/12 07:20 PM

Writin_Reg

Will do Crinrict - no problem. (You deserve the praise - believe me. I send a lot of people to your thread for help).

Glimmer50

I wonder if this is why my barnacle bay freezes all the time. I finally quit playing that town because ever since pets it freezes. I am going to have to look into this tree thing. Thanks.

Bookmarking this thread. I have had problems with game freezes. It doesn't last long just enough to be annoying.
amjoie

I just want to thank everyone, both those who asked questions and those who answered them, for making this thread so informative. Especially a big thanks and hugs to Writin_Reg and crinrict. (I wish I could do a "direct brain download" of your combined Sims 3 knowledge. LOL)

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
Writin_Reg

Glimmer -Oh yeah - haven't we all - but i have seen freezes in other games too - the difference in the sims game though we can actually get to the root of them. There are a lot of different things that can cause freezes - there is as many causes as there are types of freezes. As one who learned back in sim 1 & 2 to start hunting out issues - many can be fixed and are 8 times out of 10 caused by something on the user side of the game and are fixable. But I have been hunting them down so long - I can almost always tell what to be on the hunt for by the kind of freeze it is - that is as long as i have encountered a particular freeze or not before. Having a pc tech for a hubby I always know it generally is not my pc - so i am ahead of many simmers in that aspect - hubby makes sure everything is always up to date and running as pristine as possible - so if I encounter something new I start hunting. I am only thrown off when simmers have problems I never get and cannot duplicate - so I know what the sims Team goes through trying to decipher some problems. Add into the mix third party CC and mods - which I rarely use much of either (I have 1 set of default skins and did have some roof recolors - but don't have them since ST - and I generally use Overwatch and Error trap, but also do not have them in here since ST came out) so I never get the problems that are related to using third party content - IF that is even the problem. I generally can decipher when something is an actual game problem - so I am much luckier than most. It says a lot though that I have encountered a lot of things and incidences that I actually know what causes them and often how to deal with them so they don't happen again - hopefully. But for me or anyone to see a certain kind of lag and immediately know what it is - I think I am "lag" obsessed. hehehe

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/12/12 07:47 PM

Writin_Reg

Amjoie - you cracked me up with the brain download - Roflol!!!

ETA -Okay - off to do my daily phys/card/pulm theraphy for the next hour plus - but I will be back and check the thread afterwards - this evening sometimes. I have a world to test this evening, but will peek in before I go to the world.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/12 07:50 PM

crinrict

Did some playing today and tested the tablet and the ice cream maker. Heavily modded game, no issues with both of them (Almost all twallan mods and also my own version of the memory mod).

All seems to be working fine for me so far but I did not play that long since we have visitors this weekend (I did have a fabulous dinner tonight if that count, though )

Writin_Reg

Excellent Crinrict. That will sure help people wondering - I will test a lot of things - but not mods or CC. By the way that link I gave you about OW - seems according to the same poster the problem with the multi - tab will exist in any OW as Twallan does not have that animation in the mod. I saw her post that tonight, but did not ask anything. It is the same thread I gave you the link to, a couple of posts down. DD is a super good tester, I always enjoyed testing things with her - so when she says something, it has always been right.

Yep a good dinner always counts. I never could get back in the forum this evening - I'd sure like to fix Liam PERMANENTLY -everything else on the site worked - then I discovered Origin updated again, as did flash player - so I had to go update those and by the time I finished that world I was to test was ready - so I spent the next 6 plus hours testing that. It's a Rflong world, so they are always great - and small size this time - lovely as all her worlds are - but I will most likely have the whole thing tested by tomorrow night. She is so talented. I enjoy testing her worlds way too much. hehehe - in between things this after noon I had two Spring cleaning projects to finish - in the real life house after theraphy - things Sims never have to do. But took it easy on dinner and just had grilled cheese and soup for dinner. Hubby was watching the Nascar races, so he was glad actually. But anyway I was glad no one else had any problem while the site was keeping me Liamed out - grrr. We need a mod to get rid of that Liam - by golly I would use that one.
Anyway -
All U.S. moms and anywhere else they celebrate it tomorrow - Happy Mother's Day - and even a Happy mother's day to those who don't celebrate it. Nite all!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 05/13/12 07:31 AM

Mariesalias

Yay, I think I will finally be able to post something! *crosses fingers*

I really can't believe how much I did not know about this game! And even worse, I seem to have been doing almost everything that would mess up my worlds. It certainly explains why they always turn into huge lagfests.

I am guessing that all my old world saves are pretty much unplayable now? This does leave me to ask though whether it is okay to save sims, families, and/or lots to the library and re-use them in other worlds? This is something I have always done and I am wondering if this too has been a big no-no? I will go through and check/test/re-do any lots I do this with though before I put them in a new world I am playing.

If I used the CAW cheat to change a sim's appearance, name, and/or traits (something I was doing to townies a lot ), are they then unsafe to save to the library for transfer? Luckily I only started using cheats like that fairly recently so I should be able to find unaltered versions of my sims in older games. I am just not sure if saving them to the library from a lagged out world will transfer some of the world's issues with them? It doesn't seem like it should but I think with this game I might be safer not assuming anything....

Writin Reg: Yes, it is Magic Dancer's Sunset Valley 2 world that I am using. I love what she did with it! This thread has convinced me to finally install CAW and learn to use it (something I have been wanting to do for a long time) so I am starting over with the empty version of her world and adding my own lots to it that way. I have also decided to work on a flatter version of Riverview (probably my favorite world to play in) though I suspect it'll take me a few tries at least to get something usable.

I really appreciate all the advice everyone has given out in this thread. For myself, I feel hopeful that I might finally be able to have a world that I may actually be able to play in long-term. Thanks!
Haiden

Wow this thread has grown since I last visited the forums. Must say its been an iteresting topic.

Tks to Reggie and Crinrict for the explanations.
Writin_Reg

Hey Marie - I've been world testing for a creator and decided to stop here while I ate dinner - hope you haven't been waiting long.

First of all a big yes - your lots and Sims will be fine. Even the world itself is fine, as we play off of the save files - that is the only thing borked 99.9 percent of the time. The sims should have no problems, but suggest to make sure you have no problems with them, before you save them to your library - do yourself a faVOR and remove any CC you used on them if you use CC - that way they will stay good and if EA does an update that affect CAS - which they will eventually - like a weather ep will affect everything in the game which means all CC including on sims MAY be affected for those programming and code changes. So you should save your fixed sims with just game stuff and when you update the sims will automatically update in your library. This will only work with EA code - so the reason I suggest this. The same goes with your lots - so they never bork completely - EA content is the safest for packaging. The only other thing I say about that was back when EA rewrote the code for the Pets - seeing some content did not correct itself - make sure all your houses and Community lots counters and tables and any other content that was affected by the Pets code changes are all functioning properly - if they are not allowing you to place things on top of them or if dining chairs and hottubs make sims sit funny - remove the ones in the houses and add fresh from your catalogue and that should fix them. But if all seems fine - then they are ready for paCKAGING. Just your save would be no good because I have not found any method that will fix the hood in the save once it is borked.

Ah, I thought so. I have that one myself - I had no problem with the one with all the lots added - as in CAW they can fix routing - which Magic Dancer always does. She does a great job on all her worlds. I love her Harmony too.

But anyway - you should be fine though with all your sims and lots. Most of the game cheats are safe - the most troublesome one is moveobjects on/off - but it was not made for Sims 3 - it was actually a Sims 2 developers tool technically - that simmers discovered worked in Sims 3 - but as you can see does not really work very well with anything involving the sims themselves.

I hope that helps - and glad to help when I can.

Your welcome also Haiden. You know me - I try to help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/14/12 12:25 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: