Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Federico

Federico wrote:....
I have the same problem.
Also gems and stones have disappeared.
And if I start a new game, I can't see anything: no butterflies, no gems, no fishes, ecc. ecc..
It is very annoying!!

crinrict wrote:
@Federico: Any mods ?

No.
But, now, I'm almost sure that it's not fault of the last patches...
I tried to uninstall everything, running RevoUnistaller, deleting every sims-related files, re-installing without pacthing....and the problem was again there!!
I'm a bit confused.

Letto sul forum:"...così gli e lo detto, con tutto c'ho che nè con segue"
Alorxico

crinrict wrote:
Not fixed with Patch 1.31
- Cars are still spawning in inactives inventories
- Flute Forward dress still has a missing leg.
- Level 10 Horses Animation still off.
- Mags' Door still has the wall showing through.
- According to twallan there aren't any major bug fixes, if anything was fixed, they a very subtle. All the well known bugs are still there.
- Fish disappear from inventory after traveling
- Fish are invisible in aquarium (catloverplayer)

Fixed

Fixed with Patch 1.32. If you still have the issue after patching, please report.

I am a bit confused. Does that mean Patch 1.32 fixed the reproducing cars and other major bugs? Or were they fixed in 1.33?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 12:25 AM

crinrict

No they were not fixed. Only the cc problem was fixed.

khynnea

Did a google search and forum search, this is the only mention in this thread I can find.

carla70 wrote:Have acrobat that read Charisma book 1 and can keep reading it and gaining skill. My singer just read once. Also acrobat girl gets a new charisma book with every simport done.

Ever since first simport of my level 2 singer, every return trip I receive a charisma vol 1 book. This happened to my singer who had charisma skill, don't know if it is relevant, and every character thereafter who has simported out of the household.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
Twallan, overwatch/errortrap. With or without the mods, it occurs. Now also using MC.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods.
See above.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do).
I patch/upgrade clean as per your instructions. Quite literally. I have done 10+ ? reinstalls (manual, clean) since then, heh.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
Always. Latest and greatest added when I installed Showtime about a week ago. I check for updates often.

5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ?
Both.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ?

7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ?
Never saw them in game. Don't know if I got them or not.

8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ?
Uh, checking. No. I used the 1.33 super patcher, and had so many issues, I never followed your instructions to ensure having one the last reinstall. I may be using a very old collections folder (1.29 backup).

9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ?
New

10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
Starlight Shores

11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
Win 7 at the moment

12. Did you disable SimPort ?
No

13. Did you disable the Social Features ?
No

Now if I could remember what "real" bug I came here to see whether it's been reported...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 10:23 AM

This footer out of date. La la la.
Mstybl95

Stairs that are stacked on top of each other, like the spiral stairs going to a basement and then to a second floor, become unusable. The sims can go up the stairs, but the routing is blocked off and they can not go back down. To get the stairs to be usable, you have to move one set of stairs one tile back or completely away from the other set.

simsfan95173

crinrict wrote:- SimPort doesn't live update if you haven't had much online activity/requests in approximately an hour (ZeekSlider)

I'm having the same issue. I almost never get Simport updates, and I have 270 friends

Medoll213

My Sim and her niece went in the photo booth to take pictures. When they did, after it showed that they were in a relationship. The aunt is already married, and now it doesnt show that she is married in the family tree. It shows that she is in a relationship with her niece, not her husband. And when she gave birth to her twins it showed that the twins were her husbands kids, & not hers. Help please. I cant play my game until this is fixed because it shows that the aunt is a cheater & such.
Vuneca

Since Showtime EP and the patch ALL of my pre-existing worlds were having crazy errors and freezing up. I started a whole new world after deleted all my backup files and it works great, except some minor glitches (no fam tree, occasional weird outfit, ect). If it starts freezing I use "resetsim *" and it stops. Which is great but I am upset about my pre update games no longer being playable. Any suggestions on how to get my old games to play better?

I use NO mods or cc
My game us up to date
New video card
TONs of RAM

nickibitsward

Federico wrote:
Federico wrote:....
I have the same problem.
Also gems and stones have disappeared.
And if I start a new game, I can't see anything: no butterflies, no gems, no fishes, ecc. ecc..
It is very annoying!!

crinrict wrote:
@Federico: Any mods ?

No.
But, now, I'm almost sure that it's not fault of the last patches...
I tried to uninstall everything, running RevoUnistaller, deleting every sims-related files, re-installing without pacthing....and the problem was again there!!
I'm a bit confused.

Hi - I've had problems with finding butterflies (especially) since the update before Showtime (1.31, I believe). I also lost every bug in every case in every house of all my families - in some instances the cases were still there but they were empty, in one house the cases had even disappeared.

Even if I put spawners on commercial lots, it takes not three Sim days like it used to for butterflies and bugs to appear but Sim weeks.

I cannot, however, actually now attribute this to the 1.31 update because it might be due to the Pets EP. I installed that a month or so ago but never checked for missing bugs. In some places, where there were butterflies, rats and other small creatures are now spawning, especially in tombs and that when travelling, so perhaps EA changed the code for some of these things to produce rodents, turtles and birds instead?

Like you, I want the butterflies back. Fish, well that's a lost cause.
Dragon123561

Medoll213 wrote:My Sim and her niece went in the photo booth to take pictures. When they did, after it showed that they were in a relationship. The aunt is already married, and now it doesnt show that she is married in the family tree. It shows that she is in a relationship with her niece, not her husband. And when she gave birth to her twins it showed that the twins were her husbands kids, & not hers. Help please. I cant play my game until this is fixed because it shows that the aunt is a cheater & such.
Sorry this has happen to you, this glitch has been a huge game destroyer, it's advised to not use the photo booth until EA fixes this (hopefully anything they fix it's this) But, I believe Twallan mod can fix a family tree issue.
khynnea

HOSTING a show causes "lost friend 24 hour mood debuff" repeatedly. This is not the same as I understand it as

- Giving a show makes the sim loose friends (shadowmel333, thatonegirl32)

having read the posts by these people.

* Host a sim's show; either by requesting it or they send it over.
* Have one of your sims go to the show.
* When the show ends and the performing/hosted sim leaves town, your audience member sim looses a friend (which is different from previously reported bug).
* Sometimes this happens even during the show before the hosted sim leaves town, without negative (which is similar to the previously reported bug).

Net result, you end up with mood debuff for 24 hours/1 game day for going to the show (something that you are supposed to be getting positive buffs for).

Also, "wishes" spawn for interaction with visiting sims -- this should not happen because you cannot interact with them (always says so-and-so is busy and going to work right now and cannot be bothered). Like pillow fighting, chat, jamming, etc. -- all the usual wish spam that accompanies relationship building/scale change.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
yes (happens with or without mods)

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
twallan's overwatch, errortrap and mastercontroller (just the base mc)

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) never have done
patched / upgraded /reinstalled correctly

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
correct versions of mods. happens with or without mods.

5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ?
both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 or 1.32 ?

7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ?
not at 1.32

8. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? new game

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
EA-Starlight Shores

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
Win 7

11. Did you disable SimPort ?
no

12. Did you disable the Social Features ?
no

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

All premade big show venues have negative price tags. This is usually caused by hidden room markers in community lots. I've checked ALL the big show venues and none of them has a marker in. (at least none that I could see) I'm assuming however that the Shell itself is acting like a marker, therefore causing the negative price.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 05:29 AM

khynnea

Issues with pathing in Starlight Shores.

Cannot access beachfront areas "well."

For example,
* go to graveyard, fish there (say you are fishing for death fish)
* sun comes up
* scan coast for angelfish spot
* click pool with "choose bait..." option
* select alley catfish
* come back a few moments later after addressing other sims in household, fishing sim still standing around in GY; action item removed from queue
* requeue fish with alley catfish at angelfish spot, repeatedly, no luck, no movement

(figure there is a problem with pathing, paint to keep sims from walking near shore, or ... something)

* walk sim to resort at beach, try to get them to walk to fish spot from there; no luck
* walk sim halfway down the beach, still no luck
* had to get sim to the shore adjacent to the fishing spot to get them to fish

<time passes>

* Try to click "go home" button since sim tired, bladder, hunger issues
* Sim stands there; sim cannot find route home

Now hearing from friends "How come I can't get my sims to go to the beach?" Having to explain how I got mine there.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but did the searching, couldn't find anything.

WinMacSims3

I was wondering the blank promo thumbnails would occur with a Sim made in Showtime. So I started a new game in Sunset Valley, went to Create a Household and made Rebecca Miller, choose Law Enforcement and got her promoted. Rebecca's thumbnail wasn't blank.

Here was the blank thumbnails I've been complaining about.

I found out that the blank thumbnails on promotion dialogs only occur if the Sims were made before Showtime. If a Sim was made on Showtime, the thumbnail will not be blank. In other words, only pre-Showtime Sims are affected by the glitch.

The blank promo thumbnails should be added to the list of bugs. I hope that EA fixes this bug.

Here's the glitch: http://thesimsglitches.wikia.com/wiki/Blank_promotion_thumbnail
s

Also the North Star Seeker doesn't move when a Sim uses it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/10/12 07:12 PM

Current game: The Sims 3 University Life on Windows 7 Professional SP1.
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

I just noticed something else, that i failed to notice since i got ST. This roof pattern

is completely missing from the game. All lots that were using this roof pattern before ST, are now using the white slate one. It doesn't look as good as the previous one did. And that really bothers me, as that was my fav roof pattern.
There is a similar looking roof pattern in game that is a bit darker and more grayish, but still not as good as this one

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/10/12 11:08 PM

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: