Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
how can i recover my registration code??  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
middlechild951

i want to install my game on my pc but i lost my confirmation code and i wanted to know if their is a way to get it back??
I_am_bean

Contact EA...but just a word of advice if no one else answers...someone just got banned for telling someone about how to resolve this issue without EA's help

muddypaws4167

Clopidogrel

Do you already have it installed on a Mac?

If so, finding your original registration code is easy providing you still have the original software installed.
solarspork

muddypaws: none of that would work on a mac....

brb, getting my master's.
Clopidogrel

@ I_am_bean

Why should someone be banned for telling a person how to recover their legitimate registration key?

That is pathetic. So long as one doesn't post an actual Reg. Key code I can't see the harm or how it would contravene forum rules.

It's dead easy to recover it on a Mac.
forgetmenot

Same issue here, I had a virus on my computer so restored it to factory settings. I registered my World Adventures game with TheSim3.com and was searching through the website to see if I could retrieve it and nothing. :/ If paying $10.00 for a NEW registration key is the only way to get it back, that's ridiculous. It's on my account, why can't they just send me a message on my account on TheSims3.com to verify that it's really the person who registered that code who wants it back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/10 08:51 AM

phantomphantastic

I had the same exact problem as you! I went in my Sims 3 case and my manual thing is completely gone, and it's basically dropped off the face of the earth.
Unfortunately for me, I had already uninstalled my game, like you, so I couldn't get my registration code from my computer.
It was like I was royally screwed, you know?
So here were my (AND YOUR) options:
A. Buy a new registration code from EA for $10
B. Buy a new Sims 3 game all together.
Both of those cost money, so I found a completely FREE way to get a registration code.
If you have a good friend that has the original Sims 3 game, you can use their registration code.
Registration codes aren't made specifically for your game disk, so using your friend's with your game disk works perfectly. I just used my friends and I REALLY hope the problem I was having that made me uninstall Sims in the first place is resolved.
Hope stealing your friend's code helps you!
squidpeace

What if EA isn't under the software?

I still have the game installed. I just need the registration code to install it on another computer.
BluebellFlora

If it is still installed on your Mac, try this:

Open Terminal and copy and paste this in:

cat Library/Preferences/The\ Sims\ 3\ Preferences/system.reg |grep -A1 ergc

Then hit return.

15"MBP, 2.6Ghz QC i7, NVIDIA 650M 1Gb, 16Gb RAM, OS 10.9
MelanieSimlish

Contact EA. I'm not sure what else you can do that is allowed...
CaptainFantastic

@bluebellflora thanks so much for that! great help!
Rosethorn13561

Clopidogrel wrote:@ I_am_bean

Why should someone be banned for telling a person how to recover their legitimate registration key?

That is pathetic. So long as one doesn't post an actual Reg. Key code I can't see the harm or how it would contravene forum rules.

It's dead easy to recover it on a Mac.

How do you recover it on a Mac?
BluebellFlora

Rosethorn13561 wrote:How do you recover it on a Mac?

As per my comment previously:

BluebellFlora wrote:If it is still installed on your Mac, try this:

Open Terminal and copy and paste this in:

cat Library/Preferences/The\ Sims\ 3\ Preferences/system.reg |grep -A1 ergc

Then hit return.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/07/12 10:26 PM

Paisly

hi, sorry if this is old, but im LOST!!!!
i have a mac, and have the sims 3 installed, and HAD the late night expansion pack... but was having issues, i went to uninstall late night, and tried to reinstall and im getting all kinds of errors about it cant run because the sims 3 is missing?!!

anyways i was going to reinstall the sims 3 delux, but before i did i checked to see if i had the code, which i do not!

i have the box and game for sims 3, and everything for late night.

i BELIEVE the sims 3 is still installed on my computer. i read bluebelles comment, and cannot figure out where "terminal" is. i am TOTALLY computer illiterate!!!

someone anyone please help! i will keep finding places to copy and paste what you put bluebelle. i am also not a pro with the website. someone please let me know if you can help!!!

it can be my birthday present from you!!

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: