Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What is DCBackup folder?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Lorea

I found this folder in C:\Documents and Settings\My documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
The DCBackup folder is full of packages. The packages' name are mixed letters and numbers.
And there's a DCCache folder too..

What are those exactly, anybody knows?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/03/09 11:59 PM

CuddlyBun

DCBackup is garbage, delete everything in it, always and without question. Do NOT delete the DCCache folder, that is where the actual downloads are stored. The Worldcache folder can be optionally cleared if it is growing too bloated, but generally should be left alone.

Lorea

Thank you!
CuddlyBun

No problem. I delete it often because it takes up useless memory.

Lorea

And can you tell me what is userPresets.package in C:\Documents and Settings\My documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder?
That's the other thing I can't figure out. It's kinda big file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/04/09 09:40 PM

Halliwell33

CuddlyBun wrote:DCBackup is garbage, delete everything in it, always and without question. Do NOT delete the DCCache folder, that is where the actual downloads are stored. The Worldcache folder can be optionally cleared if it is growing too bloated, but generally should be left alone.

thank you! it helped me alot too! =]
BalletInBlue

Wow, thank goodness I found this. I had 2406 items in there!!

crinrict

Lorea wrote:And can you tell me what is userPresets.package in C:\Documents and Settings\My documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder?
That's the other thing I can't figure out. It's kinda big file.

That's all your recolorations/stlyes that you have created in game.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Fold
ers_Explained

There is one more thing you all need to know about DCBackup: If you delete the files in there, the stuff you use in houses will NOT get packed with the sims3pack anymore.

TIxFFxAxNY

What does that mean? The stuff will not be packed?
ZeekSlider

TIxFFxAxNY wrote:What does that mean? The stuff will not be packed?

If you export a Sim / Household / House from your game, the game only packs the stuff used that is actually in this folder. Meaning if you used a window in your house but deleted the corresponding Package file in this folder, the window will not get packed with the house. Some Downloads don't need to be used to get packed. They just do, but only if you have them in this folder.

I guess what that means is that if you use the Share button on a lot or Sim, the game will look for a file in this folder in order to write the appropriate data in the export file. If it can't find the data, it won't write it when you export the file.

Am I right?

Like my post? Buy something off my wishlist as a thank you!
http://tinyurl.com/TS3Store-ZeekWishlist
Faith_Andhope

I have been doing some serious cleanup and found this thread.

I am extremely tempted to delete the contents of my DCBackup folder, but am hesitant based on the info that if I have built a house and export it to share, the contents will not get packaged with it.

I have been building a lot of houses to share on the exchange and want to make sure they export as I have created them.

In light of this, should I delete the contents of this folder? Or as an alternative; if I have already exported everything I have built so far, I can assume all has been packaged correctly and therefore I am now safe to delete ... also assuming that the next time I build those items will be placed in that folder for packaging?

In other words, if I build, export, delete ... then I can continue in that process cycle and be assured of having my builds exported correctly?????

Build, export, delete. Is that safe??

Thank you!!
clau123456

Omg, I had much thing in there... 4.190 items there :o
Anckaa

So in DcBackup folder are files from the CC content that you have installed on the Sims3Launcher?
shadav

So...I removed my Sims3 folder to force it to build a new folder because I was having issues....my dcback up folder is now full of items...and I haven't installed any custom content with the installer because my installer has never worked, it always crashes...

Using dashboard the files are not duplicates or conflicts with any of my other .packages
Using s3pe to examine the files, these are all my downtown lots, city hall, Doo Peas Corporate Towers, a chamber door (?), Fancy Pillar Box....

So I wouldn't just go and delete them...use dashboard to make sure they are not duplicates.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: