Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Freezing every few seconds  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
markcassidy

cant believe how many people are having problems with this, me included as of yesterday. and it literally happens every 20-30 seconds as stated before, with just the characters and action buttons disabled. this forum started in like february or something and it seems nothing has been done, and its so obvious its a bug on their side. well done EA, i was thinking of buying sims 3 pets last night before this happened, you're not getting any money off me now though. Idiots.
debbyj9557

I have not had any freezing issues because after EVERY SESSION, I open my Documents/Sims 3 folder and delete the following files:

compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache

Maybe give that a try
LilBlossom

I got this issue last night, after I had installed Ambitions, Late Night and Generations. However, another new thing I did was log in to the online service from EA. Once I logged out, and reloaded the Sims 3, the freezing stopped and everyone was happy.
SNEVEDS

I had this issue with WA about a year ago, but the solution was very simple. I simply uninstalled all of the Sims 3 game, the Sims 3 EPs and deleted all other related files (I never installed any mods and my system exceeds all requirements, running the most up-to-date drivers). I have not played the game since and I am delighted to say that I am far more satisfied with playing Sims 2 now because the Sims 2 (Maxis) software is actually playable essentially bug free. My experience with all of the Sims 3 (EA) titles has been regret in having purchased such inferior quality products so rife with bugs that the game play very soon became not at all a fun experience. For my mind, when a video game is not fun to play, then what is the point in playing? Sad to say, but I really looked to the Sims franchise moving forward in Sims 3 only to realize that this game will probably never be fun--even though, I suspect it will most likely always be costly in both time and money wasted.
micah3113

The bug happens to me but just for 1 sec then it works agin i dont have like 30 secs or farther 1 sec it freezes the the other sec its not
cheesechatter

05/02/12 04:32 PM Subject: Re:Sims 3 Freezing every few seconds
SNEVEDS wrote: I had this issue with WA about a year ago, but the solution was very simple. I simply uninstalled all of the Sims 3 game, the Sims 3 EPs and deleted all other related files (I never installed any mods and my system exceeds all requirements, running the most up-to-date drivers). I have not played the game since and I am delighted to say that I am far more satisfied with playing Sims 2 now because the Sims 2 (Maxis) software is actually playable essentially bug free. My experience with all of the Sims 3 (EA) titles has been regret in having purchased such inferior quality products so rife with bugs that the game play very soon became not at all a fun experience. For my mind, when a video game is not fun to play, then what is the point in playing? Sad to say, but I really looked to the Sims franchise moving forward in Sims 3 only to realize that this game will probably never be fun--even though, I suspect it will most likely always be costly in both time and money wasted.

SNEVEDS, you are the first and ONLY person I've spotted on this entire forum that has the correct answer to all of the Sims 3 problems; stop playing it!!

I used to love this game; that was until all of the problems started to make themselves known. Each and every time I purchased and installed a new EP or downloaded a patch from EA, the bugs began to mount.

I have never used any CC, but have purchased EA made accessories from their online store. All of the games I own are on disk. None of them were purchased with a download other than a few odd accessories as I had mentioned previously.

My computer blows the doors off the recommended specs that EA says are required to run the Sims. In fact, I have a 1(GB) video card alone with its own heat sink and cooling fan! Yet, I am still experiencing the freezes since installing Pets, Hidden Springs, and Town Life Stuff. But, this bug is just the tip of the iceberg. I have had dozens of other bugs for months that I have just learned to live with.

For example:

• It sometimes takes far too long for interactions to occur - sometimes as long as 20 seconds.

• Sims will completely ignore commands that are in the queue and do whatever they want instead.

• Sometimes while taking a shower they come out of the shower dressed in clothes that they don’t even have in their wardrobe and with hair styles they don’t use.

• When you alter a Sim in the middle of a game using the new context menu item, the changes don’t always stick. They will revert back to the original condition.

• It often takes too long for all objects to show up in the world or in a building.

• Sims will get into the tub backwards, will bend their wrists in an awkward fashion when trying to pick-up a bird, or, their legs will bend the wrong way on the treadmill, in bed, or when jogging.

• When you want them to sleep or play and you click on the right side of the bed, they go to the left side. When you click the left side, they go to the right side! Don't you EA programmers know your right from left???

• When Sims need to interact with each other in some way they will sometimes run all the way down the stairs, outside, and half-way down the street, stumble over each other and slide backwards or forewords without moving their feet just to get lined up with each other.

• And the list goes on and on and on... there are literally dozens of bugs in the Sims 3 game.

• If it wasn't so annoying and pathetic, this game would make a fantastic comedy show! It works so badly, you can't help but laugh at it!

This game works like programs I’ve used that cost a fraction of the price. Absolutely horrible game play!

Since the beginning, I have now spent $260 on the Sims 3 games. This is insane! I am done with this. No game is worth this much money, time and aggravation, no matter how fun it is to play!

Thanks SNEVEDS for finally waking me up!
    Mimimonster28

My sims game keeps crashing completeley for example I was loading my town just a few minites ago and then my screen went black. Then a windows pop up came onto my screen that said "The Sims 3 has stopped working..." I have Sims pets and Sims outdoor life. What is wrong! EA please fix this bug!!!!
    justinadamsgirl

EA probably doesn't really care how we feel. They'll release the next patch or update when they feel like it I bet. I wish they did care. Anyway, my game started doing all this freezing stuff when I downloaded the latest game update on 3/15/12, and it's ******* me off. No crashing for me though. EA can NOT blame my POWERHOUSE of a computer that is overclocked and way above the system requirements, the last EP I bought in Jan (before the last update), my mods, or CC. I took out all my mods and CC and it still did the same annoying ****. I took all the graphics and LOWERED them as far as it would go, along with no mods or CC, and still no change.

Please patch this up or update it or something please EA.

EDIT: The data execution prevention has nothing to do with mine. I even tried it for the heck of it, and it didn't help me because EVERYTHING was already correct there. I have done everything except for uninstalling, and I'm not going to do that unless the next game update or patch doesn't help.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 05/04/12 06:53 PM

Darxiana

uhm cant say i found anything about DEP here yet which i find wierd.
    Anyway here is my list of solutions to fixing crashes and freezes.

SOLUTION LIST= Gamecrashes /Failure to connect to SimPort or Origin:

1) Be sure your game is really up to date, not always the EA launcher does this itself, = The superpatcher =
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

2) Vista and Windows 7 users: It may be an issue with your operating system or firewall security settings = DEP Settings for Sims 3 and origin =
    https://help.ea.com/article/dep-settings-for-sims-3-on-vista-an
    d-windows-7

3) Ensure and not asume its not a memory problem. Helpguide here:
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Insufficient_Memo
    ry_Crashes

4) Clean up TheSims3 documents: Explained in detailed of what can be deleted and not here
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_
    Explained

5) If none above is working and you DO have downloads, cc or mods. Backup your savegame files, remove/uninstall all cc and mods, begin with the most suspect, storefront items not needed, playtest and see if that did the trick.
    Explained in step by step details here:
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem

last resort ofcource is to try reinstall, tho just the thought alone frightens me, my point is rarely that is the case needed to be done.
    if none above work, then yea only EA can answer afaik.

SOLUTION LIST = Storefront, MyPage or studio issues :
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279638.page

------

last problem i had myself was due to win7, i had to go into DEP and fix the rights there, and after all my crashes and freezes ended asap.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/12 03:35 PM

justinadamsgirl

still freezing every 10-60 seconds! I edited my other post on this page too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/12 06:52 PM

didiruvalcaba

what I did was remove this from sims 3 folder

Create-A-Sim CasPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

simSocial. something
    didiruvalcaba

nickkoe

Hey everyone I think I have the solution to this very annoying problem. TO fix its type in the code box resetsim *

This will reset all the sims in the neighborhood and fix the glitch of time stopping every few seconds (at least in my game). I hope this works! Let me know..

justinadamsgirl

nickkoe wrote:Hey everyone I think I have the solution to this very annoying problem. TO fix its type in the code box resetsim *

This will reset all the sims in the neighborhood and fix the glitch of time stopping every few seconds (at least in my game). I hope this works! Let me know..

Did not work for me.
    aerogora

Also having this same issue. Tried all suggestions, deleting cache files, using resetsim *, installed fresh, removed all custom content... nothing fixes it. Only happened after recent update. Very frustrating with the amount of money spent on these games and for them not to work. EA please do something now!!!!

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
    Go to: