Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I'm going to be angry with EA if they blow off magic theme EP for weather  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
PHOEBESMOM601

Sk8rblaze wrote:

Personally, I don't understand the logic of releasing magic in the Store and then in an EP.

As it's been said many times, the store items like the voodoo doll and the crystal ball have very little to do with (if they do it right) a real magic EP.

If you look at it from another direction I would think that if the magic items in the store are very popular and have sold very well it would push EA to expand the theme into an EP.

ETA Personally I hope they do both. I would just be a bit disappointed if magic wasn't next. I'm growing a bit bored with all the realism that's been stuffed into the EPs lately.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 02:13 PM

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
orrasfairy

I think it would be nice if they released a weather EP simply because of timing. IF they do decide to add holidays and festivals to the weather EP and this EP were to be released around august/September then I could see it being fun being able to celebrate holidays with my sims in game the same time they're going on.

I also believe that the sooner EPs that I considered "basic" like pets and weather are released, the more open the community could be to new ideas. People have been screaming for weather and Pets since the initial release of the base game. It really makes me hope the add some basic weather patterns and minor pets in the base game for the SIMS4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 02:23 PM

labrams1228

To7m wrote:
Emily485 wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:
Emily485 wrote:No offense, but I completely disagree with you. I think this whole romantic idea (Twilight, True Blood) has made vamps even better

But not all modern vamp books are romantic. Take Thirst for example. One of my favorite series.

None taken, everyone has their own opinions I think I've just got a problem with change
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIrXKpv2gw&feature=youtube_gdat
a_player

To7m wrote: I totally agree Callum!

If you have to learn a skill to cast spells, rather than being actually turned into a witch will ruin the EP.

Yeah, I do hope it's something you become. And I hope it isn't like Showtime careers where you suddenly forget how to sing the moment you quit/retire.

I don't really have an opinion on the "actually being a witch" vs "witchcraft skill" thing. The witchcraft skill would be more relaistic, but the "being a witch" would be more fun.

I agree with you, to some extent.

I'm wiccan, so I 'learn' the craft. I wasn't born a witch (well, all my family are wiccan's but you know what I mean) and nobody waved their magic wand at me, thus turning me 'into' a witch. But in AL once you were transformed, magic then became a skill at which you unlocked new spells so on and so on, so really, there's not much of a difference. I just want other sims to recognise that my sim is magical, and maybe get a fine for letting an ordinary sim see my magical sim cast a spell... does that make sense, its 12:04am here in London, so my mind is getting a bit fuzzy lol

Blessed be to you, To7M!

And for those who mentioned Twilight... Please don't get me started. Vamps with built-in bling? Please.

MadameLee

Fordee09 wrote:
Im a fan of unrealistic things in the Sims (except for Katy Perry's diabetic pack) so I would love magic...but id be alright with Seasons if it came out first.

I think you need to be very careful Fordee09 about calling the new stuff pack "a diabetic pack" since do you know anything about diabetes? A lot of diabetes can't eat sweets. So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc. And there are different types of diabetic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes_mellitus

http://www.medicinenet.com/diabetes_mellitus/article.htm

orrasfairy

MadameLee wrote:
Fordee09 wrote:
Im a fan of unrealistic things in the Sims (except for Katy Perry's diabetic pack) so I would love magic...but id be alright with Seasons if it came out first.

I think you need to be very careful Fordee09 about calling the new stuff pack "a diabetic pack" since do you know anything about diabetes? A lot of diabetes can't eat sweets. So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc. And there are different types of diabetic.

Fordee09

MadameLee wrote:
Fordee09 wrote:

I don't need links. My mother is Diabetic and I know exactly what it means, I sort of phrased it wrong...I meant that as it so full of sweets that it would give someone Diabetes, I even showed my mother the concept of the SP and she said so herself that it would send her into a diabetic coma...and then she laughed. So I know what it is, you don't have to provide links. So im sorry, I phrased the words wrong and it didn't come out the way I planned.

Rianna90

Sorry this would make you angry. I would prefer a Seasons pack but honestly, it is a game and it won't make me angry if they release Magic. I might not buy it, but I certainly won't lose sleep over it. On the other hand, it would make me VERY HAPPY if the release a Seasons pack next!
UMKates

barisaxy wrote:I'd understand your frustration at this point, but honestly I do think that Seasons/Weather is a feature that shouldn't wait to begin with. It's a 'natural' feature. By that I do not mean 'superior', I just mean that it's something like the aging and day/night cycle. It should just be there. To not have it and have to wait over three years is really annoying.

Supernatural/magic is an entirely different type of feature - the kind actually fit for an Expansion Pack. So it's the feature that can wait.

I agree with this having weather is a basic element to any game.

Allot of the "basic" things that people complain about should have been in the Base.

It's been a bit of a tease to be able to go to these BEAUTILFUL beaches but not get into them. It kind of like what's the purpose in having a beach at all? I don't mind magic but I think that EA should have just gave us the ability to swim at the beaches from the start.

Hopefully they get the hint and just do this with Sims 4
EA Cheat Sheet
-Weather
-Higher Ed (No Dr. with High School Diplomas!!!)
-
They can add the fluff of a Uni ep or a weather ep along the way. Like vacations Greek letter orgs etc.

People would have enjoyed WA if things like "getting hot" in Simila was included.
didiruvalcaba

UMKates wrote:
barisaxy wrote:I'd understand your frustration at this point, but honestly I do think that Seasons/Weather is a feature that shouldn't wait to begin with. It's a 'natural' feature. By that I do not mean 'superior', I just mean that it's something like the aging and day/night cycle. It should just be there. To not have it and have to wait over three years is really annoying.

Supernatural/magic is an entirely different type of feature - the kind actually fit for an Expansion Pack. So it's the feature that can wait.

I agree with this having weather is a basic element to any game.

Allot of the "basic" things that people complain about should have been in the Base.

It's been a bit of a tease to be able to go to these BEAUTILFUL beaches but not get into them. It kind of like what's the purpose in having a beach at all? I don't mind magic but I think that EA should have just gave us the ability to swim at the beaches from the start.

Hopefully they get the hint and just do this with Sims 4
EA Cheat Sheet
-Weather
-Higher Ed (No Dr. with High School Diplomas!!!)
-
They can add the fluff of a Uni ep or a weather ep along the way. Like vacations Greek letter orgs etc.

People would have enjoyed WA if things like "getting hot" in Simila was included.

I honestly don't want sim 4... just add everything to sim 3 like a pack or something! but sims 4 not really interested I love sim 3. I know and I get it lots is missing but sim 3 is nice and if sim 4 comes out it would mean i would need to leave lots behind I don't want that just let sim 3 keep going to mix and match EP's
mbgreenleaf

Just add weather to the Magic expansion and call it a day. Weather would be nice, but magic would be EPIC.

Jarsie9

MadameLee wrote:

What the heck do *you* know about it, Madame Lee? Do *you* have diabetes? Where do *you* get off telling *me* I can't have pizza? I *am* diabetic; I have type 2 diabetes, and I take offense at your statement that a diabetic can't eat pizza or that they require "special food"...for your information, that so-called "hamburger" that you propose that the person ordering out the pizza make for the diabetic contains a *lot* of carbohydrates in the form of the bread, so next you're going to be saying that diabetics can't eat bread. Also, I fail to see the correlation between eating sweets and eating a *pizza*. I take great offense to your post, because, as usual, *you don't know what you're talking about*!!!

For your information, diabetics can eat *anything* that other people can eat; they just have to do it in moderation; that *includes* sweets such as candy and cake. It's the carobhydrates that do us in, *because carbohydrates contain sugars* But both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are ocntrolled by medication; in the case of Type 1 it's insulin shots; in the case of Type 2, it's pills, and *sometimes* insulin shots are added in small dosages. Diabetes is controllable through diet and exercise; in the case of Type 2, a weight loss usually makes the diabetes go away, but the potential for its return is always there.

My son-in-law orders Papa John's pizza frequently. I am not going to lie....I get in line to get my slice, or slices, but I much prefer buffalo wings. My son-in-law had a birthday recently; I got in line to get my slice of cake; but my slice was smaller than everyone else's. I have even been know to *gasp*...wait for it...wait for it...drink a COKE, on occasion! And I'm still here, alive and kicking. I take my meds, I exercise, and I watch what I eat.

As for Fordee09's referring to the Katy Perry Sweet Treats as the "diabetic expansion pack", I agree that's the appropriate title for that SP. If I remember correctly, I made the remark in the KP section that I would have to pass on this SP because the temptation to eat sweets was too strong, and if I got it, I'd probably be in a diabetic coma within a week because of all the sugary stuffs being presented in that stuff pack. So, I'm with Fordee09's mom on this one.

And sorry for the rant, folks, but ignorance like MadameLee's just chaps my hide. Not being able to eat pizza, indeed!

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
MadameLee

maybe you jarise9 should go pick up the Baby-sitters club books? One of the main characters in that has diabetes and she can't have pizza the club gets from the fees they collect at meetings. I don't have diabetes, but I go to the same kind of DOCTOR who deals with such stuff: Endocringoists

To7m

labrams1228 wrote:
To7m wrote:
Emily485 wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:
Emily485 wrote:No offense, but I completely disagree with you. I think this whole romantic idea (Twilight, True Blood) has made vamps even better

But not all modern vamp books are romantic. Take Thirst for example. One of my favorite series.

None taken, everyone has their own opinions I think I've just got a problem with change
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIrXKpv2gw&feature=youtube_gdat
a_player

To7m wrote: I totally agree Callum!

If you have to learn a skill to cast spells, rather than being actually turned into a witch will ruin the EP.

Yeah, I do hope it's something you become. And I hope it isn't like Showtime careers where you suddenly forget how to sing the moment you quit/retire.

I don't really have an opinion on the "actually being a witch" vs "witchcraft skill" thing. The witchcraft skill would be more relaistic, but the "being a witch" would be more fun.

I agree with you, to some extent.

I'm wiccan, so I 'learn' the craft. I wasn't born a witch (well, all my family are wiccan's but you know what I mean) and nobody waved their magic wand at me, thus turning me 'into' a witch. But in AL once you were transformed, magic then became a skill at which you unlocked new spells so on and so on, so really, there's not much of a difference. I just want other sims to recognise that my sim is magical, and maybe get a fine for letting an ordinary sim see my magical sim cast a spell... does that make sense, its 12:04am here in London, so my mind is getting a bit fuzzy lol

Blessed be to you, To7M!

And for those who mentioned Twilight... Please don't get me started. Vamps with built-in bling? Please.

Blessed Be,

I hope you are well?

LOL @ Built in bling

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 06:23 PM

christine400

MadameLee wrote:maybe you jarise9 should go pick up the Baby-sitters club books? One of the main characters in that has diabetes and she can't have pizza the club gets from the fees they collect at meetings. I don't have diabetes, but I go to the same kind of DOCTOR who deals with such stuff: Endocringoists

your telling her to look in a fictional kids book when she has diabetes. correct me if i'm wrong jarsie but i believe diabetics can eat what they'd like but they have to portion it in a manner that their sugar levels stay steady.

Christine<3
To7m

Jarsie9 wrote:
MadameLee wrote:

What the heck do *you* know about it, Madame Lee? Do *you* have diabetes? Where do *you* get off telling *me* I can't have pizza? I *am* diabetic; I have type 2 diabetes, and I take offense at your statement that a diabetic can't eat pizza or that they require "special food"...for your information, that so-called "hamburger" that you propose that the person ordering out the pizza make for the diabetic contains a *lot* of carbohydrates in the form of the bread, so next you're going to be saying that diabetics can't eat bread. Also, I fail to see the correlation between eating sweets and eating a *pizza*. I take great offense to your post, because, as usual, *you don't know what you're talking about*!!!

For your information, diabetics can eat *anything* that other people can eat; they just have to do it in moderation; that *includes* sweets such as candy and cake. It's the carobhydrates that do us in, *because carbohydrates contain sugars* But both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are ocntrolled by medication; in the case of Type 1 it's insulin shots; in the case of Type 2, it's pills, and *sometimes* insulin shots are added in small dosages. Diabetes is controllable through diet and exercise; in the case of Type 2, a weight loss usually makes the diabetes go away, but the potential for its return is always there.

My son-in-law orders Papa John's pizza frequently. I am not going to lie....I get in line to get my slice, or slices, but I much prefer buffalo wings. My son-in-law had a birthday recently; I got in line to get my slice of cake; but my slice was smaller than everyone else's. I have even been know to *gasp*...wait for it...wait for it...drink a COKE, on occasion! And I'm still here, alive and kicking. I take my meds, I exercise, and I watch what I eat.

As for Fordee09's referring to the Katy Perry Sweet Treats as the "diabetic expansion pack", I agree that's the appropriate title for that SP. If I remember correctly, I made the remark in the KP section that I would have to pass on this SP because the temptation to eat sweets was too strong, and if I got it, I'd probably be in a diabetic coma within a week because of all the sugary stuffs being presented in that stuff pack. So, I'm with Fordee09's mom on this one.

And sorry for the rant, folks, but ignorance like MadameLee's just chaps my hide. Not being able to eat pizza, indeed!

Excellently said Jarsie!

My cousin has been a type 1 diabetic since she was 13 (she's 28 now) and I would like to see anybody try and stop her from eating a slice of pizza!!

ETA: Typo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 06:29 PM

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: