Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How do you get the hidden burglar trait to work and steal from houses without permission?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
OverkiII

I really want to rob houses in the sims 3 but I am so confused on how to do it. BUT, I have done a bit of research so this is what I've done:

-I modded my game so I could reveal the hidden traits

-I took a career in criminal activity, and I think I am at level 8 of the job, and I have the robbers outfit

-I HAVE swiped stuff from people's houses because of my kleptomaniac trait

Now my main concern is how do I actually use the burglar trait to break into houses and steal from them. After I modded the game, I noticed that the burglar trait icon appeared by my sims traits. So I figured that all I had to do was put on the robber outfit and sneak over and walk into a house. But whenever I go to a house in the middle of the night, I still can't walk through the door. I can look in through the window, but I don't see any options to break in or use the door without permission!

I really don't know how to burglarize homes! Is there a certain system/time/house feature? Like, do I have to use a garage door? Does my sim have to be on the highest level of his career? Is there a certain time that a burglary option will show up? Am I doing this completely wrong?

Someone please help me and give me step by step instructions on how to break into a home without permission! I am so confused and I'm getting tired of failing! Especially after downloading the mod and putting it into the game.
OverkiII

Anyone? I really want to do this...
Starr5505

isn't it just kleptomaniac? idk if theres actually a burglary one
OverkiII

I read about there being hidden traits in the game, and unlike 'kleptomaniac', the hidden trait 'burglar' supposedly allows you to break into people's homes without being invited. I've heard about this hidden trait, but I can't get it to work and I'm really doubting I ever will. There's like no sites that give instructions on how to get it to work. D=
Patty_Bood

I thought I knew all the hidden traits and I never heard of burglar. All I can think of is that if you have gotten up to ten in the criminal path then when you go to work you ARE probably robbing people. Try to follow your sim to work and see if they go to actual houses, I doubt it though they prob just go to the warehouse rabit hole

If you are 20 and not a liberal, you have no heart, if you are 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain.
Sir Winston Churchill
Proverb87

When you send a sim up the Thief career, they get the Burglar hidden trait. This gives them the Sneak command that they can use to move from place to place instead of walking or running. I don't know if it has any other benefits.

MIRANDASIMS

i have been playing around with that hidden trait. to get this trait, have the child of a burgular NCP. and no, i have not been using mods. what i have found so far, is that the child (once a young adult,) can sneak around, and wear the burgular's outfit. to sneak around, click on the ground like you are going to make them walk somewhere, and click the option that says: SNEAK. and if you click on the dresser, you get the regular choices, then you get an option that says: PUT ON SPECIAL OUTFIT. if you click on that, you get an option that is blank. click on that, and you change into a burgular's outfit. that is all that i have found, but i THINK that you can break into other peoples houses.
NOTE: YOU CAN NOT STEAL WITH THIS TRAIT UNFORTUNATELY, SO YOU NEED THE KLEPTOMATIC TRAIT.
other: i also know that there is another hidden trait: pyromatic. you can light tiny fires which go out within 5 min. you get this by having a firefighter's son.
there are probably more hidden traits out there, but this is all i know.
Couriervaughan

OverkiII wrote:I really want to rob houses in the sims 3 but I am so confused on how to do it. BUT, I have done a bit of research so this is what I've done:

-I took a career in criminal activity, and I think I am at level 8 of the job, and I have the robbers outfit

Now my main concern is how do I actually use the burglar trait to break into houses and steal from them. After I modded the game, I noticed that the burglar trait icon appeared by my sims traits. So I figured that all I had to do was put on the robber outfit and sneak over and walk into a house. But whenever I go to a house in the middle of the night, I still can't walk through the door. I can look in through the window, but I don't see any options to break in or use the door without permission!

I really don't know how to burglarize homes! Is there a certain system/time/house feature? Like, do I have to use a garage door? Does my sim have to be on the highest level of his career? Is there a certain time that a burglary option will show up? Am I doing this completely wrong?

Someone please help me and give me step by step instructions on how to break into a home without permission! I am so confused and I'm getting tired of failing! Especially after downloading the mod and putting it into the game.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Couriervaughan

MIRANDASIMS wrote:i have been playing around with that hidden trait. to get this trait, have the child of a burgular NCP. and no, i have not been using mods. what i have found so far, is that the child (once a young adult,) can sneak around, and wear the burgular's outfit. to sneak around, click on the ground like you are going to make them walk somewhere, and click the option that says: SNEAK. and if you click on the dresser, you get the regular choices, then you get an option that says: PUT ON SPECIAL OUTFIT. if you click on that, you get an option that is blank. click on that, and you change into a burgular's outfit. that is all that i have found, but i THINK that you can break into other peoples houses.
NOTE: YOU CAN NOT STEAL WITH THIS TRAIT UNFORTUNATELY, SO YOU NEED THE KLEPTOMATIC TRAIT.
other: i also know that there is another hidden trait: pyromatic. you can light tiny fires which go out within 5 min. you get this by having a firefighter's son.
there are probably more hidden traits out there, but this is all i know.

Hi and welcome to the forum

bucsfankhris05

OverkiII wrote:I really want to rob houses in the sims 3 but I am so confused on how to do it. BUT, I have done a bit of research so this is what I've done:

It actually has nothing to do with the Criminal career - I've been able to do it before.

1. Get enough Lifetime Happiness points to buy the teleportation pad

2. Go up to the house you want to break into

3. Click on one of the windows and you'll get the option to "Peek In Window"

4. You'll be able to see the interior of the house. Click on a point inside the house and click "Teleport Me Here"

5. Voila - you're inside and able to swipe stuff!

ARachelleW

I just need to know how to steal things from other sims and use my kleptomaniac trait please
Couriervaughan

ARachelleW wrote:I just need to know how to steal things from other sims and use my kleptomaniac trait please

hi and welcome to the forum

SIMFAN87

it is real! you just have to have a two kleptomaniacs who are at the top of the criminal career to have a child and he will have the burlar trait
XEmmful

Mine doesn't come up with 'Peek in window' , it only comes up with 'Look in window', once im looking in it, it comes up with 'no interactions available' and i do have the teleportion pad.
Fuzzystick

I think you need cheats to teleport

(The cheat is Ctrl Shift C, tetsingcheatsenbled true)

Hope this helps

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: