Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
script error in launcher  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
mad729ifu

Okay. So, I haven't had any problems with my launcher in a while.

But recently (maybe for the past week or so) I haven't been able to log in through the game launcher. Whenever I hit 'login', I get this script error:

here's the script error larger:

If I copy that link, and paste it into the address bar of my browser(I use Firefox), it brings up the main page as if I were logged in.

I've tried clicking yes, I've tried clicking no. I've rebooted my computer numerous times hoping that would change things, but it doesn't. I tried installing the Windows Updates for IE, but that didn't help either. And e-mailing EA takes an eternity for an actual answer. So, I was hoping someone here could help me figure out what's wrong.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I even tried disabling script debugging through IE. That didn't work either.

I can't upload anything to the exchange without being logged in on the launcher and I would really like to! This is quite frustrating.

HELP, PLEASE!?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/09 05:41 AM

mad729ifu

here's a nice and early bump! hopefully someone'll read this, haha!
Nichaedemus

Hi,

First ensure that the game, launcher and EADM are fully updated to the latest version. It is recommended that you run the launcher as an Administrator especially if you are using Vista or Windows 7. If you have not done so already, I strongly advise updating your .NET Framework to version 3.5 SP1 which can be done via Windows Update in your Start menu taskbar (use the Custom option). This Windows component is required by the game launcher and EADM to function properly.

If you are running Windows 7, make certain the .NET Framework component is turned on. To do this open the control panel, then open Programs and Features, and then in the left column choose Turn Windows Features On or Off. You will see .NET Framework 3.5.1 displayed – if the corresponding box is not checked, click on the box once to checkmark it.

Ensure that you have Internet Explorer installed and configured properly as it is also required by the launcher for online connectivity. Make certain that IE plugins, cookies and scripts are not being blocked - if applicable, check your Proxy settings. If you have IE8 you can go into Tools/Internet/Options/Advanced and click on Restore Advanced Settings. Clearing the browser cache and Windows temp files may also help.

From SimGuru_BGY_11:
Hi there.

Let's try clearing your cache and Temp files, along with removing any CC you might have. Here's how to clear the browser cache:

Internet Explorer 8
1. From the Safety menu, click Delete Browsing History... .
2. Check Temporary Internet files and History, and then click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .
2. Choose the General tab.
3. Under Browsing history, click Delete... .
4. Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files... .
5. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox 3 for Windows
From the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data, and then check Cache. Click Clear Private Data Now.

Safari
1. From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache... .
2. When prompted, click Empty to confirm that you want to empty the cache.

Firefox 3 for Mac OS X
1. In Firefox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.
2. Make sure Cache is checked, and then click Clear Private Data Now.

For your Temp folder, navigate to your hard drive, then the Windows folder. You should have a Temp folder inside the Windows folder; double-click on it, then hit Ctrl-A to select all, then Delete.

-Big Guy-

It is possible there are background tasks or processes interfering with the launcher (firewall, anti-virus, etc.). If that is the case, you can try disabling them. Instructions can be found in the following EA Support article:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/olh_
adp.php?p_faqid=10700&p_created=1124383132&p_sid=%3C?%20echo%2
0$p_sid%20?%20%3E

The following may also be of help:

From SimGuru_BGY_11:
Let's try this, also:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
2. Click on Startup.
3. Select disable All.
4. Click on Services.
5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
6. Apply, then restart your system.

-Big Guy-

Doing this will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the launcher running properly on a software level. After you are done using the launcher, repeat the above procedure, this time using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/09 07:23 PM

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
mad729ifu

1. Everything is up to date.

2. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. So, the latest version of .NET is 2.0, and the last update i had for that was on 10/13, and there are no others available.

3. I do have IE installed, but not the most current version. Does that matter? My launcher worked before.

4. As far as firewall/anti-virus, I've done nothing different there. It's been the same.

I'm going to try and delete the CC, because I do have a lot of custom hairs. Maybe that will help! I'll let you know!

Thanks a lot for responding!
mad729ifu

i'm pretty darn stumped here.
bob007

I'm not a lover of IE8 but all good things come to an end and I figure go with the latest and greatest. That error is either a setting in IE or your internet security is blocking something (I'd go with IE first). IE is tied to the downloads and launcher and eventually you'll be forced to update thru an os update or some other reason. I think 64 bit os's are here to stay and I think it's going to take breaking out of the 32 bit frame of mind and this means look forward to all the software. Good luck

Writin_Reg

The launcher REQUIRES .net 3.5 sp1 framework to work right as does the EADM. .net 2.0 won't cut it. Different programs use different frameworks. Most OS do not come with any framework, but Vista has 2.0 probably because it needs it. I don't use Vista as it is detrimental to many games, I use XP Pro 64 bit.

You go to microsoft and type in the proper framework and windows will install the correct version you need of 3.5 sp1 for Vista if it is specific, but as far as I know the same framework works for several different OS.

I have all the availiable frameworks from 1.0 up, as I have a lot of different programs that need the different frameworks. When you are done getting 3.5 sp1 on your pc, you will still have 2.0 for vista to use as well. Frameworks are not updates or downgrades of each other except within their own group. Like 3.5 sp1 is an update of the 3.5 framework.

But you want the launcher to work, you must install what it needs.

mad729ifu

Writin_Reg wrote:The launcher REQUIRES .net 3.5 sp1 framework to work right as does the EADM. .net 2.0 won't cut it. Different programs use different frameworks. Most OS do not come with any framework, but Vista has 2.0 probably because it needs it. I don't use Vista as it is detrimental to many games, I use XP Pro 64 bit.

You go to microsoft and type in the proper framework and windows will install the correct version you need of 3.5 sp1 for Vista if it is specific, but as far as I know the same framework works for several different OS.

I have all the availiable frameworks from 1.0 up, as I have a lot of different programs that need the different frameworks. When you are done getting 3.5 sp1 on your pc, you will still have 2.0 for vista to use as well. Frameworks are not updates or downgrades of each other except within their own group. Like 3.5 sp1 is an update of the 3.5 framework.

But you want the launcher to work, you must install what it needs.

so, i can install 3.5 sp1 even though i am running sp2?

EDIT: by the way, i installed IE 8.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/09 09:22 PM

mad729ifu

well, maybe it will fix itself eventually. it worked a week ago, haha.
Writin_Reg

Yes, like I said you can have all the frameworks. Different programs actually require different frameworks. You will never get programs that say need a 3,0 framework to even work on the 3.5, just like the launcher needed the 3.5 - it cannot use the 2.0 - at least not properly because of the scripting in particular. It will not work itself out. I assure you.

mad729ifu

okay, well i'll give it a shot.

thanks.
cmchristou

Bump

I have the same problem. We're not the only ones... I've been searching the internet for over 4 hours and tried many different things.

Updating .NET did not work.

Uninstalling Flash then reinstalling it did not work.

Accessing the Launcher via 'Program Files > The Sims 3 > Bin' did not work.

Deleting my temporary internet files did not work.

Resetting IE8 did not work.

Just a few examples of what I've tried!

Haha... Hopefully there will be SOMEONE who can help!
cmchristou

I solved my problem. Trust me to not try the simplest, most obvious solution first!

I disabled my banner blocker and now everything is working fine!

So... Don't make the same mistake as me! Before you try ANYTHING else, make sure that your banner/pop-up/ad blocker is turned off! You might have blockers built into your browser or into your internet security suite, like mine was

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/10 10:57 PM

ToniMarie078

I have had this problem and been trying to fix it all morning. I unsintalled everything and reinstalled and still no luck. but then i tried NOT clicking on yes or no when the error come up but just clicking on the 'X' to close the window and it seems to have worked XD try that so simple but effective!
123GREAT

hi read your promblem i have the same only thing i can think of is to reformat your computor and start again,as i have tried everthing else janet

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: