Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Page Thread. Updated 6/12! Hidden posts purge made [Read first page before asking =)]  XML
Locked
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Author Message
SimGuruRusskii


Joined: 12/15/11 03:36 AM
Messages: 1416
Location:Somewhere only we know...

frankiedoodle08 wrote:im uploading things via the launcher, but there not showing in my studio

its been going on for over a week now , still noone has any answers
can you help


Let me have an engineer check on your user.
Thanks

Profile
Msrednotdead


Joined: 06/04/09 11:56 AM
Messages: 9056

I dindt reinstall the game... but I did switch households. I thought that if you switched households when you had completed everything it would not affect the game. All ny other badges for stuff did not reset only the Magician stamps

Profile
HappySimmer3


Joined: 11/10/09 09:40 PM
Messages: 3631
Location:Just left of center...

I don't have a problem. (Yay!) I just stopped in to thank you and the Team for the changes to our My Pages. LOVE THEM! Hugs and kisses all around.


Profile
SimGuruRusskii


Joined: 12/15/11 03:36 AM
Messages: 1416
Location:Somewhere only we know...

Msrednotdead wrote:I dindt reinstall the game... but I did switch households. I thought that if you switched households when you had completed everything it would not affect the game. All ny other badges for stuff did not reset only the Magician stamps


LEt me check with the game team on this one, ETA on an answer unknown.

Profile
Rubysim


Joined: 06/17/09 10:20 AM
Messages: 5813
Location:England
Offline

I have a duplicate friend request, the request is from didiruvalcaba and I have accepted one of the requests, but when I click on the other request, it now comes up with the options remove/block etc because I have accepted the friend request

Profile
DusklightFaerie


Joined: 05/26/11 07:02 PM
Messages: 831
Location:Something delicate, mad, or divine
Offline

ELIROC wrote:
Hi

A few things still not clear (or not working) in My Page:

1- This message of SimGuruWeb on top. I cannot take it away. In the instructions here is written there's a X to click. This X is available everywhere but there. It really disturbs a bit.



This is part of the design, since it is a place that is reserved to announcements or news from SimguruWeb. It got suggested to see if the team can either let people remove it or let people "hide" that post area.


This is from about page 50. I'm not sure if it's already been decided if the option to remove the News is viable or not but regardless, I'd still like to see this one pushed. (Or reopened to discussion.) Or at least an option to pick with guru you get your news from. I can see how some info the web guru posts might be relevant for new users but it would be nice to be able to remove it once it's no longer needed.
Thanks for your time

You can't take the sky from me..
Profile
_SinMiedo_


Joined: 06/22/09 08:06 PM
Messages: 13
Offline

SimGuruRusskii wrote:
_SinMiedo_ wrote:I hate the clutter of the new page. I routinely hide ALL posts I'm not interested in, or that are inactive for a while to make my page uncluttered and easier for me to use. I have unfriended people for not deleting their simport posts that I can't delete. Now friends tell me they can't view my page. I had one today tell me it is blank. And it takes forever to load. Why isn't there an option to purge or delete permanently without having to make a special request to EA to have it purged? Or, at least an "expiration date"? ***** Edited to add: The filters also don't work in the game to hide simport posts, so even if I filter them out on mypage I still get all the spam while playing my game. And I can't hide posts from other people while in the game - another big downside, in my opinion. I'm reluctant to add new friends, because it gives me all their old posts clear back to when this mess began.


Heya,

Let me check as to why in game the filter options are not transferring over. Since you have hidden a lot of posts (must check how many) that is why the page doesn't load very well.

Hiding posts from in game is not something that my team would handle, but I can make that suggestion to the game team since they handle in game features.

About the purging solution, it is temporary until we can implement the real fix, I agree it is not ideal, but I have to do this until we can push a permanent fix.



Today I keep getting a blank page, and the studio and wishlist disappear along with that. So, this is continually getting worse. The only thing I like about the new page is that we get notifications about when our friends upload. Other than that, I think it's a disaster, and definitely NOT USER FRIENDLY. It's no longer MyPage, its OurPage.

EDIT- Oops... I suppose the wishlist SHOULD be disappeared, because I didn't have one. It's the Friends List that vanishes. Says zero friends. Guess I shoulda had another cup of coffee before I posted. *grin*

EDIT- When I get the blank page, my status update appears at the top as my latest post. But, if I click "view", I get a pop-up saying "Error in retrieving post".

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/07/12 04:31 AM

Profile
twooldtoplaythis


Joined: 03/06/12 03:09 AM
Messages: 959
Location:Eating lipstick and listening to Marilyn Manson.....

Please exscuse this post I deleted my last post on this one.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/06/12 12:27 AM


'Yeah...Your world is like an ashtray!... The more you burn them cigarettes the more your ash turns to mud....'
Profile
anettesb


Joined: 08/04/09 04:29 PM
Messages: 34836
Location:Dancing my way through a storm of chaos!
Offline

Sorry for re-asking
but did you ever find out why it is that we can't use the unlocked items with out being online? It isn't what we where promised.


click siggy to take part in the contest
Profile
rumbutter


Joined: 02/11/12 12:50 AM
Messages: 3678
Location:sipping tea

what a nice surprise tonight i went into decor for my sim house and it was nice to see that i didnt have to searching all the over the place for the decor i was looking for i.e. store gift side table was in with the side table icon childrens toys store bought and gift used to be in misalanious decor and is now in toys the sharper sim bed was actually in the beds please pass on my thanks to whomever came up wit the idea and to whomever sorted the items to actually go where they belong (hopes it stays that way )and thank you too simgururusskii at least you try to answer questions and get issues resovled

:not accepting friends requests:

Profile
Darxiana


Joined: 06/07/09 08:22 AM
Messages: 37
Offline

My 'my page' and my studio has been functioning steady now for the longest i can remember. Thank you ruskkii and to your engineer aswell, now i only hope your engineer has solved it permanently hihi

*makes a happy dance*

Profile
Manssom


Joined: 05/29/09 03:08 PM
Messages: 2654

This is more a suggestion than a problem: I would really like it if we could somehow
turn off the "add as a friend" option on our pages o_O
Profile
SimGuruRusskii


Joined: 12/15/11 03:36 AM
Messages: 1416
Location:Somewhere only we know...

DusklightFaerie wrote:
ELIROC wrote:
Hi

A few things still not clear (or not working) in My Page:

1- This message of SimGuruWeb on top. I cannot take it away. In the instructions here is written there's a X to click. This X is available everywhere but there. It really disturbs a bit.



This is part of the design, since it is a place that is reserved to announcements or news from SimguruWeb. It got suggested to see if the team can either let people remove it or let people "hide" that post area.


This is from about page 50. I'm not sure if it's already been decided if the option to remove the News is viable or not but regardless, I'd still like to see this one pushed. (Or reopened to discussion.) Or at least an option to pick with guru you get your news from. I can see how some info the web guru posts might be relevant for new users but it would be nice to be able to remove it once it's no longer needed.
Thanks for your time


We are working on a possible solution to this, but not sure as to when we are going to implement. For now Web's message will stay there as we are working on other items now.

But yes, this is still part of our suggestions to look into working on.

thanks!



Profile
SimGuruRusskii


Joined: 12/15/11 03:36 AM
Messages: 1416
Location:Somewhere only we know...

anettesb wrote:Sorry for re-asking
but did you ever find out why it is that we can't use the unlocked items with out being online? It isn't what we where promised.


No worries, I'm still waiting on this one.

Just to be sure in case they ask, you are using the same household you unlocked the items with offline/online right?

Profile
SimGuruRusskii


Joined: 12/15/11 03:36 AM
Messages: 1416
Location:Somewhere only we know...

Darxiana wrote:My 'my page' and my studio has been functioning steady now for the longest i can remember. Thank you ruskkii and to your engineer aswell, now i only hope your engineer has solved it permanently hihi

*makes a happy dance*


Good to know! will let him know for sure =)
Thanks!

Profile
 
Locked
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: