Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Sim Won't Go To Work!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Vicious3745

An Age old issue returns! I click the go to work button from the Job tab, and she dismisses it. I've told her to go to work from both of her cars, and those are dismissed as well.. When the carpool arrives, she hops into the car, only to appear on the sidewalk again! I've forced her to drive all the way up to work, and when i try to click on the building, it says "no Interactions available"

... So i tried the old Sims2 techniques..

-Testing Cheat enabled true, Shift-Clicked the sim, the "Force Error" button does not show up.

-moveObjects On. Deleting the sim, saving it, and quitting to main menu. Returning to the game is like starting a brand new one! Sim doesn't exist, nor does that save game. Thank god i saved it under a different name.

The final option was to move the sim out and back in, but apparently moving out isn't anything like it used to be, so i havn't bothered with it.

... Can somebody please help me resolve this issue?!
mikes1987

lol your so lucky!!! I can't even play! my game lets me make a sim and build a house but cant play live mode without a crash!
Vicious3745

It seems that the criminal's building that she worked at isn't even accessible for my other sim..
Vicious3745

I've Fixed it! Thanks you guys for nuzzing, mwuhahaha!

I went into Edit Town, edited the lot that had the criminal building on it. From there, i deleted the building. I went back out, and made a new community lot, and in there, i simply plopped down another criminal building. I saved and exited to main menu, then came back in to play. My old sim is finally going to work again =D
abbeyrd84

I'm having the same problem with my sim not going to work at the criminal place.

I want to try your advice, but don't know how to put the criminal building back after I delete it!

Do you need to make a copy of it first?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out, you save a copy of it to the library first. But then my sim loses their job. Good thing they were only at the first level!

This did work for me, though. I was able to enter the building.

Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/09 11:07 PM

Vicious3745

I've played with the process a bit, i've figured how to do it Without loosing your job.

1. Edit Town, ya don't Need to save, but it wouldn't hurt.

2. Click on an empty lot, make sure it's Community, and then put down the Job's particular building.

3. Return to town. It'll save the new layout, but Not your sim's game.

4. Select the old Job's lot, and bulldoze it.

5. Click Return To Game. Your Sim will need to "Transfer" To the new job first, otherwise she'll just miss work.
SimGuru_BGY_11

Thanks for posting that! Community fixes like this are always useful.

-Big Guy-

Misslizard

hey guys, it seems i am having this problem in late night but can i delete the building but not lose my job????
chr1ssymuah

I'm having this problem in Late Night too. HELP!
ChrisOldfield

I also had this problem, it turns out that it was caused by some cc. I still don't know which one, I just deleted some old cc I didn't want or was outdated, one of them was the culprit. Thing is I also had to restart the game since my neighbourhood was corrupted. Fortunately I only got so far as to move my sims in. Works fine now, so I suggest you check the cc.

On a side note, my sim won't age up. I tried throwing a party a few times and the sim having a birthday just kept celebrating and clapping for a few game hours. Finally had to reset the sim which cancelled the aging up.

A couple times they did age up after I used the reset, then I got a nighmarish hybrid of toddler/child. The head was child, as was the upper legs. Then they were merged at the knees with toddler legs and she crawled around like a toddler. Creepy. Anyone kow how to solve that?

And yes, I ran it without cc to make sure that wasn't the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/10 07:04 AM

choco85esq

Ditto here too. All my sims are going to lose their jobs if they don't get off their buts and go to work. Even those with cars won't go. Is there a Sims holiday that I don't know about?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/10 04:53 AM

ghiasappifanie

I'm having this problem now too and I don't have any CC. I was having crashing after loading problems, and now this after playing just fine for a lot of time. Problem 1 - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279659.page - now this.
crinrict

Please answer the questions in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/284740.page

ghiasappifanie

on my way!
cooldood555

I'm having the same problem with Late Night, and even promoting them won't help!

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: