Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"There was an error during startup. See the Log for more details."  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
bcollins87

Been playing Sims 3 original forever. I update to new patch today version 2.0.86.002001, it restarts the launcher and gives me this message: "There was an error during startup. See the Log for more details."

No options to click play, update, anything it forces you to exit the game launcher. I reinstall game(losing all my worlds by the way) and it forces me to update patch or exit installation. I update and finish install and get the SAME message.
Then, I buy Sims 3: World Adventures and install it, and I get the SAME MESSAGE!
WHAT THE **** EA?

I try to contact their live chat service. I wait 58 minutes, when it gets down to my turn to talk to someone, the live chat cancels. WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN THE HISTORY OF ANY ****ING COMPANY!

Currently an email for technical support is pending to be replied to.

Someone RESCUE ME! Tell me what the problem is so I can play the $40 game I just bought!

THANK YOU,
Brandon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/18/09 12:19 AM

bcollins87

bump
bcollins87

bump
sims21975

well i see you are mot along ,i got the same thing,what the hell is wrong with EA i hope there are others out ther who have the same problem,but i hope some on comes up with the problem..i1m with you.... ea
00babyface

this happend to me as well same thing with the live chat too!! and i am so frustrated i would also just like to play my new game! who comes out with a patch that makes your game crash then makes it manditory to download it! well i am waiting on am e-mail as well but if anyone gets the answer first let us know please!!
katyasmnv

I had the same problem!!!! but i fixed it somehow. don't know what worked, but here is what i've done... step by step

1 uninstalled the whole game.
2 deleted all custom content. I didn't just move it to the desktop, I completely wiped it off my computer. (prior to that saving to USB stick ).
3 installed the base game.
4 reinstalled my video card driver to the suggested one - http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=23473

5 updated my game to 1.6 version
6 Tested it. It worked - everything loaded just fine and I was able to save game as well.

At that point i was pretty happy

7. installed WA.
8. when it offered to update to 2.something version I refused. Before doing that make sure to turn Automatic updates off. (launcher - updates)
9. tested the game again.
10. ta-daaa it worked!!!!

NO CC WHAT SO EVER WAS INSTALLED. I was scared I'll try it later.

I don't know which one of these made my game work, but I wrote just as it was.

Good luck

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/18/09 03:26 PM

bcollins87

I'm 95% sure updating ur video card driver fixed the problem, I'll look into that when I get a chance. One question, how did you turn off automatic updates when the launcher pops up? Cuz when I open the launcher I cant touch anything, it forces me to exit.

Much Thanks,
Brandon
katyasmnv

When you open your launcher on the left hand side there is button with "updates". there you can tick them on/off. try it and let me know if it worked.

What do you mean you can't touch anything? Does it say anything?

I was reading your post again... When you reinstalled your base game, did you updat it to 1.6 version? That is before instaling WA.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/18/09 07:51 PM

Ali1n93

I have the same problem as you! Will try to delete all my CC, and reinstall the game.... again
katyasmnv

if you have helper monkey, unistall that too
bcollins87

Okay children, thanks to katya this problem has been solved. It was the video card driver that needed to be updated.

If you are having the error that we've been talking about please try the following:
1)Update your video card driver through the manufacture's website to the latest version.
Now If you already have Sims 3 original installed than update to the current 1.6.86.002001 patch. If you have done this Sims 3 original SHOULD work fine and it shouldn't force quit when u open the game launcher

If you bought Sims 3 World Adventures:
1) Install the Sims 3 original 1.6.86.002001 FIRST before you install World Adventures.
2) Install World Adventures and then when you open the game launcher it will ask you to update from version 2.0.86.002001 to 2.1.86.002001 go ahead and do so.
Now you should be able to play World Adventures.

Let me know if you guys have any problems, thanks katya for figuring this out for us!
katyasmnv

YAY!!! I am SOOOO happy it helped you!!!

"doing little happy dance"

Enjoy your game

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/18/09 09:08 PM

thequikys

I am having problems; I tried doing what katyasmnv said but I can't even delete my original game, says that something is being used.
Help! I have no idea what to do now, I have removed all CC and the folder that they were in but nothing works, I have been working on this for the last 2 hours and I am about to go nuts. I have also updated my video driver.
lpotter

I updated my driver but it didnt help me
Kassification

I am getting the same error message. I updated my video card driver too.

It is still saying the same thing.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: