Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Creating a Base Camp - Where to Find the Cheat?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
SimRealtor

I was curious if anyone knew where to find or had found the cheat required to change the type of lot for the original base camp? I'd like to make some changes to it, or create a new one but there can only be 1 so I would need to change the existing one.

Hopefully someone can because I've googled it and cannot find it at all!

SimRealtor
Visit My Sim Realty for Quality Lots and Worlds for Sims 2 and Sims 3!
www.mysimrealty.com
kittana514

I thought you make the lot a community lot and then pick the type of lot - and base camp would be a choice.

I'm trying to get back in the game to see but it's updating again - there's a new patch to correct the Error 16 save file incompatibility.

edit - I see what you mean - there is a special code to unlock the base camp - but I can't find it either - it isn't listed in the help either...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/19/09 04:41 AM

Miss you so much <3
RIP 6/20/1940 - 2/7/2012
happyjme

Ive been looking for this cheat too but can't find it. I guess we have to give it a few days and word will eventually get out.

Gotta love Nraas Story Progression!
SimRealtor

Just thought I'd repost to see if anyone found it - I've continued looking for it to no avail.

SimRealtor
www.mysimrealty.com
FLuciano

I would also like the cheat to allow you to edit base camp. Can't believe it's not out there yet. EA... can you let us know?
SimRealtor

I forgot to revisit my post to update it with my newfound information... It took me quite a while to find it, but find it I did! Visit your destination with a sim - preferably not your usual family for reasons listed later - and bring up the cheat box, put in testingcheatsenabled true and then shift + CTRL + left click the ground and build on lot. It is important to note that this lets you change the base camp, so you can delete what is there and build your own, but it does overwrite what was there so you should backup your game if you aren't sure you'll keep what is there.

I actually created a base camp and uploaded it onto my fansite, www.mysimrealty.com. I also have these instructions on there for changing your base camp.

SimRealtor
www.mysimrealty.com
Patty_Bood

yeah but you only need a cheat if you are trying to edit town while you are on vacation. If you go to edit town from home and click on the country you want to edit you will be able to do everything without a cheat.

If you are 20 and not a liberal, you have no heart, if you are 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain.
Sir Winston Churchill
xtian7

Unfortunately, Patty, this doesn't work (at least, not for the base camp building). Anyone get that cheat yet? I couldn't find it either.
HaliLee

Patty that does not work for editing the base camp building. It says you need a cheat. I too can't believe this isn't out right now.
SketchElder

I don't remember the exact cheat but from what I've read, this is how to find it.

testingCheatsEnabled true
help

Look for the cheat that has "lock" in the name.
Evil_One

Go to the country you want to edit and use Testingcheatsenabled true then use the cheat Enablelotlocking true, you should notice that in the lot information box (that shows up after you have selected a lot) there is a lock icon if it is locked(closed) click it and you can edit the lot.

T25lIHdyaXRlciBkb3duLCBvbmx5IHR3byB0byBnbyBhbmQgd2U
gV0lMTCBmaW5kIHlvdS4=
snootypatooty

The only thing that worked for me in changing base camp was to purchase a vacation home then leave and go back home when I returned it gave a pop up asking me to choose a base camp so I selected my vacation home but it had lots that had a little flag on them and those can be chosen as base camps. not sure I made any sense here or not but thats the only thing that worked for me
lego30051

Thanks Evil_One! It worked!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/26/09 08:04 AM

bugalumps70M

This worked for me: type ctrl shift c, then type "testingcheatsenabled true" (minus quotation marks). Then type in BuyDebug. This should let you unlock the present base camp and build one elsewhere.

Hope this works for you!
Jaghar7

Buydebug doesn't unlock anything. enablelotlocking on\true is required to first unlock the existing base camp.

It should be noted that only one base camp can exist at any given time and that new base camps can't have certain items such as stoves or dishwashers. You will have to either remove or change the lot type of the current base camp before it will allow you to set another lot as a base camp.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: