Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Bugs I've found; you've found  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Sims2freakaleek

*I don't have the new patch
**I have CC (hair clothes objects)
***So far I've only been to China.

1. Computer menus are wacky I.e. "MakeForumPostingTroll" (something along those lines) Also wacky selections don't work.
2. I married a china native and when I brought her on vacation with me she was unplayable and did not appear in the controllable sim list. She was there when I arrived back home though. Also when I got back home I was no longer married to the sim .
3. Sims can no longer read sitting or laying down.
4. Leftovers go bad in the fridge after a few hours.

There will probably be more, I'll add em when I find em.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/19/09 09:22 AM

Maera

I'm not having any of the other issues you've listed, but if you replace your fridge the rate at which food spoils at returns to normal. Good luck with the other issues.
Sims2freakaleek

Thanks Maera
Jasumi

So you mean when you RETURNED from China the lots weren't a blue abyss?

Sims2freakaleek

No it wasn't a blue abyss.

But some more bugs I've found:
1. On high free will the only thing my sims will do is read.
2. France doesn't even have the Eifle Tower... which may not be a glitch- but it's a huge let-down
3. Plan hairstyle doesn't work for all outfits even if you press the lock that says "for all outfits"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/20/09 03:54 AM

chasecolins

- Repairmens don't repair anymore the toilet that look like public toilet, I have to switch to a normal toilet.
When I call him for repair he just stick at the entrance and do not move, staying there all day. When the computer finally crashes when he is there, he comes repair it, and then remain stuck again on the chair, I'm guessing trying to go repair the toilets but he won't. As if he couldn't find the path to the toilet since there is a little door included in the object...They must have changed something. After a while he leaves and bill me even when he didn't repair anything. I'm planning to get rid of him. Permanently.

- The fences with the metal wires (prison like) disappeared from the Build Mode... Mines are still there, but I cannot create new one or duplicate them, I can only delete them, and cancel it...

JTheGreat

Jasumi wrote:So you mean when you RETURNED from China the lots weren't a blue abyss?

I had that same problem, except mine were black holes. If you want to fix it enough that you can let go of some data, go to the Sims 3 Folder in Documents, select Saves, and change (Name of Current Game).sims3.legacy to (Name of Current Game)2.sims3

You'll get a version of that game for a while back, but it's better than nothing.

jujee55

I have WA and all the patches. I haven't been exploring yet but I lost my game so I started a new one. My couple are both in the medical field, they have to be at work at the same time, the car pool shows up (2 cars) my guy gets in and goes to work, to get my girl to go to work I have to go to the hospital and select work, then she will take a taxi to work. The same when they get off he takes the car pool home, she stands around till you tell her to go home, then she takes a taxi home. There are no options on the car pool for her to go to work. Am restarting my game hopefully this will solve this.
Anayama

I've only been to China. And I only have CC from the exchange. I have both WA and the patch 1.6 was it? (I don't have the patch that is supposed to fix the save issue)

1. My game crashed about 30 minutes into the game, and it took me back to the desktop. This hasn't happened since.

2. After my family got home from a vacation to China, they disappeared, they was no longer there anymore. They was still under other sims' relationship panels, but it said they was on vacation/was foreigners.

3. After traveling home from China my sims' relationships panel went totally blank. No one was on it.

4. When I switch from live mode to buy/build mode, it takes a little longer (A few secs) and the grid on the ground stays there in live mode for about 3 seconds, and it zooms on one of my sims when I switch modes.

5. When my sims interact, at the top left side of the screen, where it shows the LTR and the STC of the sims.. There was no words or pictures of the sims on that box. Only the green/red bar.

6. When my sims does a good interaction on another sim (Chat, tell joke etc..) the LTR goes down, then it goes back up.

That's all for now. But I haven't been playing the game at all because I'm afraid of losing more sims or worse.
Hopefully EA patches these issues as quick as they can without causing anymore problems.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/20/09 03:29 AM

Jasumi

JTheGreat wrote:
Jasumi wrote:So you mean when you RETURNED from China the lots weren't a blue abyss?

I had that same problem, except mine were black holes. If you want to fix it enough that you can let go of some data, go to the Sims 3 Folder in Documents, select Saves, and change (Name of Current Game).sims3.legacy to (Name of Current Game)2.sims3

You'll get a version of that game for a while back, but it's better than nothing.

lol I don't even have a .legacy package My game is quite screwed up, I could say. But the .backup is loading properly (until I save or go on vacation, that is). I hope EA can fix this bizarre issue...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/20/09 04:41 AM

SimSassybree

I have the newest patch (I keep making the mistake of Oh a new patch, lets download ). I have been to all three areas, china and france a few times.

1. Vendor and quest NPCs are disapearing, I have heard a workaround for the vendors that I plan to try later.

2. Food going bad in the fridge. Yet another workaround to try (for those with the chef fridge you might want to try throwing it into your family items so you dont loose it)

3. Sims arent autonomously taking care of themselves, they read/play chess/play on the computer until they are nearly ready to pass out.

4. If I click to report to someone and switch to another character they won't do it. I could understand if they had to visit someones house for it but these are often going to the vendors and the sims won't do it unless I am constantly watching them.

5. My game sometimes freezes switching from buy mode to live mode. Yay

6. My game sometimes freezes while saving. Again Yay.

7. I had one crash to desktop when I tried to take a picture in france.

8. I have had some forgetting of skills (i.e. forgot they ever learned it).

9. All my elders ages reset. My first generation toon is younger than his son.

10. I can't seem to see the Red Assasin bugs in China. I can see other bugs but when I go to the area it shows I dont see anything on the ground or nearby.

On the good side:

1. There has been actual cohabitating by an in love couple who after moving in together had a baby. My game has only seen one autonomous marriage (who didnt move in with each other) and only a handful of babies since the patch that got rid of the single parent(as in actually only one parent) and gay fathers kids. Pretty much 90% of the original families are gone. I am just happy that there seems to be some progress in the story progression, well at least for mine.

2. I love adventuring, its so much fun .

3. Theres more but, well gotta go
Sims2freakaleek

Yeah I have my sims not taking care of themselves either... we have a couple of the same problems...

Right now it won't let me save and quit-- I just keep getting Error code 16 message and I can't save and/or quit.
snurfles

Well, I finally got WA installed today and was going along fine. The only error I did have was due to the update and it got fixed with the patch immediately following. That was BEFORE I installed WA. Tonight, I played in Riverview for a couple hours with no problems then took one of my Sims to France. Everything was going great for about a half hour. On her second day I wanted to change her hairstyle. I was excited to see the new hairstyles. I clicked on the first new style to see how it looked. Then I clicked on another one. BAM! My computer locked up and was unable recover. Nothing worked. My hubby is a computer tech and he finally had to do a hard reset to get my computer back up. It was very disappointing. I don't know if I want to try it again. It's a bummer because I was really having fun in France.
Midnight23

to pass the error 16 code, you have do a "save as" and the quit, just seclet no when it asks you save, i did that and it works fine

Jacarr

1. The general goods merchant in Al Simhara has been MIA from my second visit onward.

2. The opportunity contact I had in Al Simhara apparently packed up. Got a message along the lines of, "You cannot complete Through the Fire because the contact no longer exists." Which caused me to automatically drop the opportunity.

3. Had three Flame Fruit after my first visit to Al Simhara when doing "Through the Fire", but when I returned on my second visit there was only two in the inventory.

4. When dueling people in martial arts I'll sometimes be unable to spar with them a second time immediately after the first. After hovering over spar it'll give the reason that my sim is too fatigued even though the fatigued moodlet isn't in the panel and I can do other types of work outs.

I suspect this one is because each spar is really broken down into three, or two if one of the sims wins two in a row, and calculates that after the first your sim would be too fatigued for another round and therefore just doesn't allow you to start in the first place.

5. I have the writings for "The Writings of Qin Shan Hu", but I cannot turn them in to the contact because the option isn't available. Sun Young Kim is suppose to be the contact, also the special merchant. Unknown if that's relevant in any way. This was also an opportunity I picked up at the end of one vacation and didn't start it until the next.

That's all so far. Haven't tried putting away leftovers yet, but that seems to be one a lot of people have. I've been more focused on travelling and so far I just keep running into bugs.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/20/09 06:25 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: