Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I Think I hate EA......+ Post Patch Lag Issue  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
KiwiLover875

Okay so... Like anybody else I installed the newest patch... (I dont have World Adventures yet)

Now let me say this.. before the patch.. i ran my game on the highest settings. my game was gorgeous and ran perfectly fine with loads of CC and Mods.

Now when i saw the patch.. I decided okay.. let me delete my Mods. CC was fine to keep in........ After the patch was installed i decided to play. LAG HELL!..... That patch made my game Lag like crazy. On top of that.. it took 8mins to save and 30mins to load up my town.

THEN! after dealing with it for maybe 45mins of playing... I decided to quit playing.. so I saved...... BAM Error Code 16.. i could have lost my File if i didnt do some quick thinking (using the backup as the main file)...

I go online and a friend tells me.. they (EA) released a NEW patch to fix Error Code 16... Im just so annoyed right now. My game Lags.. takes forever to save.. AND 30mins to load my town/file. All i know is when i get World Adventures I hope this is fixed.... if not i think i have no choice but to be done with the game i cant play like this.

I hate EA.....

Anyone else have similar POST PATCH problems? because my game worked fine before the patch. AGAIN!.. my game didnt have ANY of these problems until I installed the patch.

My Sims 3 Blog Full of awesomeness
Roxas982859

i have to say im not having these problems. my game actually improved all my homes are loading quicker. so is the town. everything is working better. But i dont have any cc at all in my game

i think it may be your CC
Coby

Mine is loading textures slow, and the patch was suppose to improve this.

"There's nothing wrong with a good fight. Just remember, the man of tomorrow is forged by his battles today." -Lex Luthor (Smallville)
ilovesims56

aww that's bad Kiwi! i don't want to download the patch yet! my game is so slow! can you imagine wiht the patch! grr... i hate this..

anit1983

I kind of agree about the patch bugs. They really shouldn't be there, and the patch and WA should be able to run without bugs/errors. There was that Simposium, where a bunch of people got to try WA before it was released. I don't remember anyone saying they were having problems or glitches then. How did Sims3/patch/WA run perfect for them, and everyone else has bugs/glitches now?

On to the other half of your statement. Delete your CC. It isn't EA's job to make sure their patches will run with all your mods and CC. And if you really have "loads" of it then it's no wonder your game is running slow now. Sims3 + your CC ran fine, but Sims3 + your CC + WA is going to run slow because WA is a really big file. It's taking up a lot of memory. You shouldn't be mad at EA for not checking what CC/Mods you have and updating their games to run all the junk you have downloaded. That's not their job. You need to uninstall all the CC and re-add them one at a time (and do an in game test) of each CC.
Coby

While I agree CC should be removed, it's not only people with CC that have problems.

"There's nothing wrong with a good fight. Just remember, the man of tomorrow is forged by his battles today." -Lex Luthor (Smallville)
anit1983

Oh no, I'm not saying that. I just mean people shouldn't blame EA for their mods not working. Or being upset when their CC doesn't show up in the game. I have mods and CC too, I took it out and game runs fine. I did have a few issues, like the save error, but save as worked fine. I actually do save as anyway, so I didn't even notice the save error until people started talking about it around here. But I'm not blaming EA for screwing up because AwesomeMod doesn't work. Like I said in the first half of my other post, the game/patch was already tested and previewed at the Simposium, so why are all of these problems even here? I just think people should focus on the Real problems, not CC/Mods. EA has no controle over those.
Coby

Yea I had AwesomeMod, but have replaced it with another mod since it no longer works. People just need to be smart about it, there are already mods that are updated for the patch and WA.

Zolt65

Put in latest patch.

No mods.

Before patch: sim moved great.

After patch: other sims move ok, my sim moves like a snail.

Try to make a can of soup from fridge...takes 45 sim minutes. 45 sim minutes!

Uninstall game, only patch up to Patch 1.4.6

No craptacular EA patch problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/21/09 03:31 AM

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
bloodyrose29813

for me its just when i need to edit any object as in the texture or color...takes 4 ever!!!!
Akren24

I don't have any CC or expansion packs, and my game is moving sooo slow and sometimes my monitor goes black with a no signal error. My husband's opened his game program and it ran just fine.

I tried starting a new game with new sims and having been playing it without issue for 2 hours and now it is slow and choppy as well!

How do I fix it?!?
anit1983

Akren24 wrote:I don't have any CC or expansion packs, and my game is moving sooo slow and sometimes my monitor goes black with a no signal error. My husband's opened his game program and it ran just fine.

I tried starting a new game with new sims and having been playing it without issue for 2 hours and now it is slow and choppy as well!

How do I fix it?!?

This honestly sounds like a computer problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/21/09 06:51 AM

SuRihtanil

STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO DELETE THEIR CC BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HELP WITH THE LONG LOADING / LAG ISSUES!!!

I have seen people tell others to delete their mods and CC I have already tried that and read where other have already tried this & it does not help! My game lags like hell and loading is almost a lost cause.

I use not one piece of CC I also don't use any mods. WA and just the normal Sims 3 lags out like you wouldn't believe & nothing can fix the problem with any small task its going to take a patch fix from EA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/21/09 07:59 AM

SuRihtanil

I run other games like Crysis, Company of Heroes, Age of Conan, Dragon Age Orgins, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 & Borderlands with graphics completely maxed out, AA set to high, highest res and I don't lag at all so its not a computer problem its a EA patch problem.
RubySashaKing

SuRihtanil wrote:STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO DELETE THEIR CC BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HELP WITH THE LONG LOADING / LAG ISSUES!!!

I have seen people tell others to delete their mods and CC I have already tried that and read where other have already tried this & it does not help! My game lags like hell and loading is almost a lost cause.

I use not one piece of CC I also don't use any mods. WA and just the normal Sims 3 lags out like you wouldn't believe & nothing can fix the problem with any small task its going to take a patch fix from EA.

Yeah it's not the CC that is causing the lag. I removed all of mine too when I installed the patch and I still lagged like hell. I just ended up putting it back in cause so my many of my sims have custom hair and clothes. It's a shame because my computer is only a few years old but I've always been able to run Sims 3 on high settings with no problems. I also don't have very much CC compared to what some people have on here. 196 files. Only a few of them are mods and I have tested all of them with the game. So yeah it's not the CC, it's the patch.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: