Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Scarab beetles?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Jestina

I got a work opportunity to catch 9 scarab beetles in Egypt. Well I can't find a single one much less nine of them. They show locations on the map but the only thing i've seen at those locations is nothing or ladybugs. So is something wrong with the game or what?

Lovebunny

Do you have the game paused when you look for them? If you don't and you wait for them to appear in the shiny light and it's not the scarab beetle it must be a glitch....sorry
DokuPuffs

I am having the same problem. I see them on the map, but there is nothing there. I have waited for them and tried several locations.

WASTED $53.49
alia_26

I can't locate any Scarab beetles either. I even have the Collection Helper. I also own the official Game Guide showing maps of where to look. No such luck. Yes, I wait for the bugs to come to the surface in live mode, but all I seem to find is ladybugs or light beetles.
Dvkbtiura

I usuallly get ladybugs near too, but if you have your sims stand near where the bugs are supposed to be, it'll give you a little help seeing exactly where the bugs should be in proximity to your sim. Just zoom in really close and wait and they should pop up out of the sand. They're pretty big too so you should see them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/28/09 12:05 AM

kittycatcali

Location:All I hear are the screams of the dead...and it's absolutely beautiful

i had the same proplem just go to were it shows you and wait they will show up if its unpaused.
Jestina

I ended up canceling that one. I'll probably get back and try it again on my next game.

ireneruthyablon

I am having similar problems-I collected 2 of the 4 scarab beetles I am supposed to collect. Only one beetle per location can be collected.

I went back to check other locations to find more and I don't find any icons showing where to find them.

Another bummer in the game. Just like getting the adventure to mediate with a skill level of 2, or trying to catch that fish in China that requires a skill level of 10. My Sim probably had a level of 4. I thought that each adventure would be completed within the length of the trip. Let alone the one at the Temple of Heaven where I can't figure out how to open just one more door. Someone else mentioned this on the Forum as well.

Have fun with the game!
Alisox

Usually I have to speed up my game to 3x and then watch for a moment. After that, they come out.

Nik24X7

Do you by chance have the No Mosaic censor blocker or any other censor blocker installed for your base game? If you do, then you'll need to removed it and install an updated version. The censor blocker is also blocking these particular WA bugs from showing up. You'll still see the base-game bugs, but not the WA bugs. I found this out in another thread yesterday and a poster was kind enough to point out the problem to me. I installed the new WA-compatible version of the No Mosaic censor blocker and I can now see the bugs and the koi in the ponds swimming around. I hope this helps.
NYU1999

[img]I had the same problem. I had some success by just running my cursor over the area where they are supposed to be. It seems to be more successful at night.
Jaghar7

This problem is coming up a lot since the 2.3? or just 2.4? patch. It's most noticible when you have an opportunity that actually forces you to look. Otherwise it's an easy miss.

Basically, there's a high percentage change that insects will spawn invisible. Only thing you can really do is what NYU1999 said. If they insects don't appear, move your cursor around the spawn point a bit. Eventually you should notice spots where your cursor changes to the gear like it does when it's over something selectable.

The insects can still be caught like this. They ARE there even if you can't see them. They are selectable and they are catchable. Just not visible.

You may still need to wait a little bit like you normally would though. So try to be patient.

Of course you can always ignore these opportunities as well until this is fixed.

Please note that I have not installed any mods between the time this problem began and prior to. This is an issue with the latest patches.

SketchElder

"Please note that I have not installed any mods between the time this problem began and prior to."

In other words, you did install mods before that? It doesn't matter when you installed the mods. Mods that were written before the current update may not work correctly with it. Your old mods are the most likely cause for your invisible insects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/09/10 03:04 PM

Tenri

I don't have any mods or anything, and all of my insects are invisible. It's a real pain as I'm trying to find scarab beetles, and I sort of just have to hover my mouse over the ground until the little gear appears. Hoping Jaghar7 is right and it's just a patch issue and will be fixed soon. >_>

Jaghar7

SketchElder wrote:"Please note that I have not installed any mods between the time this problem began and prior to."

In other words, you did install mods before that? It doesn't matter when you installed the mods. Mods that were written before the current update may not work correctly with it. Your old mods are the most likely cause for your invisible insects.

We can't just assume that every new 'bug' is the result of conflicting mods and dismiss patch issues out of hand. I will point out that this bug isn't even consistent. You can find visible moths one second and catch invisible moths the next. I've seen this with quite a few different spawns/bugs. Even which spawns come up invisible isn't 100%. This isn't consistent with a mod conflict.

I've gone to places with a lot of visible spawns, caught everything and came back (collection helper in hand) during the same session to find that most of them were now invisible. A mod conflict which turned textures off (ie one original pre-WA censor mod which also made bugs invisible I understand) would do so consistently. Mods which overwrite specific textures (ie the current WA censor mod, the no slap fx mod etc) would also cause the problem 100% of the time.

I am 98% certain this is not a mod conflict unless slider mods can somehow affect insect related resources.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/09/10 06:15 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: