Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't find the Assassin's Bug  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
LesbianGrl79

My task is to collect three assassin's bugs in China. When you zoom out of the map you can see where they are located. Well I found beetles in 2 of the 3 locations but they were just Water Beetles. I'm wondering if maybe they come out at a certain time of day or night, does anyone know?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/21/09 08:18 AM

Jestina

I'm having the same problem in Egypt looking for scarab beetles.

axoaxonic

When I zoomed in where it said an Assassin Beetle was, I also usually saw Water Beetles near by, and they appeared about 15 sim minutes before the Assassin Beetles appeared, but the ABs did eventually show up at all times of day.

Once the ABs even spawned underground outside of a cellar, but near enough to the cellar wall that my sim could catch one.

In other forums I read that for some people the ABs or other bugs / sims aren't showing up at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/21/09 02:14 PM

WickedKnight

Having the same problem.

Have to collect 3 red assassin bugs but the only bugs i can collect at any of the locations are water beetles.

Just want to get past this adventure so a new one in China can be started :/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/22/09 06:30 AM

"My signature thinks your signature would go well with some fava beans and a nice Chianti"
Tanja_b

i had this same problem until i zoomed in where the assassin bug said it was supposed to be, and pressed the normal speed button. after a few seconds the bug appears.

KarinL

If you have a no-mosaic mod (censor patch) it could interfere with the graphics, including some of the insects...
DarkMirage

KarinL wrote:If you have a no-mosaic mod (censor patch) it could interfere with the graphics, including some of the insects...

Yes, if you have this mod it needs to be removed, it is causing problems with insects and several other graphic effects in WA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/22/09 10:29 AM

chuamishael

REMOVE all your custom mod.

It fix several problems I got, including that red assassin bug thing.

if you are using a custom resouce.cfg thing, remove that from your original sims3 mod folder. it should fix your problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/22/09 11:23 AM

Bronwin2

I wonder if this is why I never see any fire out of fire traps. I will remove all mods and see.

MissReena73

I have also had this happen with a type of stone I had to collect in China. The only way I was ever able to find the third piece was to go home. By the end of my vacation, I had not been able to find it at all, so I just went home. When I came back the next time, there must have been a half a dozen pieces scattered all over the place.

Never explain yourself to anyone. Those who like you don't need it, and those who don't will not listen anyway.
Riley18

I can find them, but my problem is that every time my sim tries to pick one up, she gets bit, or freaks out and then they go away.
LesbianGrl79

The no mosaic mod is the only one i use along with some skins. i'll try it without them for now, but hopefully if it works, then i can put it back in my game after.. i hate playing with blur.

IrishAnge1

I have the same problem.. I have found a couple but when I go to pick them up they bite my character and has a fit and never gets any.
LesbianGrl79

I fixed the problem with not seeing the assassin bug or new animations like fire in traps. I had the no mosaic mod which i thought worked for this ep, but aparently it makes stuff liek the traps and some bugs not show up. there's an updated mod for this expansion pack here. delete the original no mosaic and download this one instead. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=379117&c=1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/25/09 03:54 AM

Diskette66

I can see and find them just fine but can't pick them up either. My sim freaks out and drops them and then they all vanish.

Has anyone been able to successfully pick them up?

P.S. I have never used (and never will) the no mosaic mod.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/27/09 06:02 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: