Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Regional install codes differ & game won't load  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
AliGodden

Hello

My copy of World Adventures arrived today but will not load as as the regional install code is different then what this expansion pack needs? I have never experienced this with Sims 2 & I bought both products from the same place - can anyone help or suggest anything?

thanks
AmberEbony

If you have Windows Vista/7.

Windows Vista / Windows 7:
1. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3
2. Choose Value Name: SKU ,and double click to change the Value Data to: 2.
3. OK, refresh, then restart your computer.

With Windows XP, I think it's just start, run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, SKU, change to 2.
AliGodden

Thanks for the advice. i have XP but the path you have suggested cannot be found. i may be doing it wrong as I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/21/09 12:55 PM

angiebeno18

If you bought your game from Amazon you are probably having the same problem as me which is that they have sold us an Asia-Pacific region coded game which is not saleable in the UK!! I am going to send it back as i think changing the regions on your PC could cause problems when installing future expansion packs which are the correct region? Not that i know anything technical i could be totally wrong!

ChrisF0001

I too bought it from Amazon UK, and I too have been sent the Asia-Pacific version.

I sent them a message about it (once I'd found out how to do that on Amazon's site) and they sent back the registry change hack described in this thread (followed by 'if that doesn't work then contact us again'...), but I'm a bit doubtful about doing that as well... It might work this once, but I reckon it will indeed foul up future expansion installations unless changed back, and what would happen then I can only speculate. For all we know it could check that registry key on every game launch.

Surely EA or someone is looking into this? Has anyone actually got the UK version from Amazon? If not, aren't they potentially in legal trouble?

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome...
kybie26

I bought mine from amazon too and while i was waiting for my game to arrive, I saw all these asia-pacific version comment. It was arrived on Tuesday (ordered on Friday) but i was not at home so i went to the post office and collected it this morning. To my surprise, i saw the Bonus include "£6 worth of SimPoints to shop online" phrase and i knew it is a UK version.

I'm so sorry for all of you but amazon has obviously corrected this problem and they raised their price by £1 as well since I ordered mine. I hope the game is doing well for all of you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/26/09 03:21 PM

ecee

I too received an Asian copy from Amazon which my son eventually managed to load for me but I am unable to register my game.
SoupahReo

I ordered from Amazon and also got the Asia-Pacific coded version of the game, found out how to change it and installed it fine after downloading the patch.

Playing it fine aswell (apart from the bugs not related to the code), I was a little worried about future EPs, but the basegame is obviously a different code to WA and as they both work together even though the region was changed for WA then future packs should work aswell. If there was a problem with the region code changing for a EP and not working for others, then the basegame wouldnt work as it is coded to WA.

Mine also says 'Bonus include "£6 worth of SimPoints to shop online' on the cover, so I dont think that tells you what code it is.

Try searching for 'regedit' thats what I did to find 'HKEY_LOCAL...'
kat_is_lost

AmberEbony wrote:If you have Windows Vista/7.

Windows Vista / Windows 7:
1. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3
2. Choose Value Name: SKU ,and double click to change the Value Data to: 2.
3. OK, refresh, then restart your computer.

With Windows XP, I think it's just start, run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, SKU, change to 2.

Thanks very much! this worked for me!
TheOresama

Hey. I started a new key into my Sims 3 registry and made its name SKU. I created a key and modified its value data to seven. The name is (Default), and it has REG_SZ in it.
andeliya

I have a mac and I bought the Sims3 in the USA. Recently I bought the Sims3 World Adventures in the Czech Republic (Europe). Everywhere I've looked the help has been written about Windows computers. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?
tesseresa

for mac:
go to the application> show package content> content> resources> transgaming> c-drive> program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> Bin> Then open Default.ini with text edit. Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says GameVersion = 1.8.25.003001 change the end one to 2 (or whatever regional number works for you) like this GameVersion = 1.8.25.003002 then close and save. And that's it.
demmmi

im probably going to sounds like the dumbest person
but i dont understand the
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3'
where is hkey local machine/software?
where am i looking for this? on my computer or?
kat2arz

For the ones who didn't get it to work, here is the full instruction for dummies:
1. Click Start Menu and click "Run..." at the left side of the menu
2. Type in "Regedit" without the ""s
3. Click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE." and then "Software", then "Sims", then "The Sims 3"
4 Click SKU on the window at the right side.
5. There will be a pop-up that will allow you to change the number
6. Change the number to any number within 1-7.

Enjoy Your Expansion pack!!
missemmyrose

For the ones who didn't get it to work, here is the full instruction for dummies:
1. Click Start Menu and click "Run..." at the left side of the menu
2. Type in "Regedit" without the ""s
3. Click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE." and then "Software", then "Sims", then "The Sims 3"
4 Click SKU on the window at the right side.
5. There will be a pop-up that will allow you to change the number
6. Change the number to any number within 1-7.

Enjoy Your Expansion pack!!

^^^^^^^^

Thank you sooooo much I'm lovin' the dummies guide since im useless at this kinda stuff!!!

Love to you!!!

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: