Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Story Progression is the worst part of this game.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Gtompkins48

I have now turned it off. I'm not really fond of the game deleting my families at random because single males keep asexually popping out kids. I am perfectly capable of keeping the neighborhood populated & interesting without the story progression effing everything up. I turned it off and I'm keeping it off.

Discuss.
LGT09

it deletes your families too?!!! why does it do that?!

Gtompkins48

LGT09 wrote:it deletes your families too?!!! why does it do that?!

It's quite an idiotic feature. The game will move in random families, decide that the neighborhood is too big, and then delete families you made. Idiotic.

I'm keeping it off forever.
ClaudiaVanTramp

What I thought was weird was when a married woman had a baby that had no father. She never even had a "lover" or anything, and her husband wasn't the father either.

I haven't experienced the other stuff yet (I only have one family!) but now that you guys mention it, I'm a bit concerned!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/09 12:36 AM

liebe ist für alle da
Teeheehee321

Gtompkins48 wrote:

The game will move in random families, decide that the neighborhood is too big, and then delete families you made.

Are you sure it's not just a glitch?

Gtompkins48

ClaudiaVanTramp wrote:What I thought was weird was when a married woman had a baby that had no father. She never even had a "lover" or anything, and her husband wasn't the father either.

It's even worse when random single males have babies with no mothers. Why did EA think that we'd like this feature? It should be default off.
LGT09

soo....if i delete some random families that i think are lame it do you think it will stop deleting the ones i've made?

Gtompkins48

Teeheehee321 wrote:
Gtompkins48 wrote:

The game will move in random families, decide that the neighborhood is too big, and then delete families you made.

Are you sure it's not just a glitch?

It's not a glitch, because the newspaper will tell me about it. "So-and-so moved away, making some sims happy, some sims sad, and some sims going 'who'?"
OneAdorkableGirl

So, the deleting families is not a glitch?
Perhaps, it is a glitch, and will be fixed with the patch?

That really stinks if not.
What if I am making a story, or what if someone is making a video..
wants to come back to it, or has a Chapter 2 to work on?

Our Sims just randomly get deleted, and we lose our story characters?
That doesn't make sense.

New S4 CAS video July 19th
Gtompkins48

LGT09 wrote:soo....if i delete some random families that i think are lame it do you think it will stop deleting the ones i've made?

Yeah, until you're families have kids and the game decides that the hood is too big again.

I will decide when my neighborhood is to big and I will decide what families will get the boot. Not the game.
Cggraham3

You would think that if the game had to make a decision like that, it'd kick out non-played families rather than frequently-played ones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/09 12:40 AM

Measles

This happened to me also, I had a family of 2 sims in a custom house I made. I wound up splitting them up and moving them into separate houses. Come back later and the female is gone and the male is back in my custom house and has a child all of a sudden with no mother.

Story progression is fail.

catweems

so far, it's like sims1 with difficult play
Cggraham3

Wow. Atleast they could've made an in-game Orphanage or something to make it seem logical.

LGT09

i mean...the families i made are still in the family bin..but all the progress i made is gone..

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: