Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Won't let me change active household !  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
SnailFacee

Okay, so I go on the sims 3.
I click the game I wanna play and it loads my family fine.
So I decide I wanna play with different sims in the neighbourhood.
I click the ... thing and click edit town.
I click the change active household button in the corner.
I click 'select household'
I click the household I wanna play with.
I click 'play'

But then . .

It says 'loading' for a few seconds but then stops.
The toolbar disappears and I'm left looking at the neighbourhood with absolutely nothing to click on.
I end up having to press ctrl alt delete to escape it.

Please help me! I don't wanna be stuck playing with the same family forever!

Thankssss x
debralee1968

I have not tried to change the active household since the last patch but it won't let me merge any new Sims into my active household now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/21/09 01:06 PM

Kabooom10488

Same with my game!
I still havent figured out how to fix it. lets hope its just a bug and the next patch will fix it.
sabrinabella

SnailFacee wrote:Okay, so I go on the sims 3.
I click the game I wanna play and it loads my family fine.
So I decide I wanna play with different sims in the neighbourhood.
I click the ... thing and click edit town.
I click the change active household button in the corner.
I click 'select household'
I click the household I wanna play with.
I click 'play'

But then . .

It says 'loading' for a few seconds but then stops.
The toolbar disappears and I'm left looking at the neighbourhood with absolutely nothing to click on.
I end up having to press ctrl alt delete to escape it.

Please help me! I don't wanna be stuck playing with the same family forever!

Thankssss x

the same thing is happening to me execpt my sims game just exits out i think it has something to do with downloading to much extra stuff
Indiaopal99

I have the same problem exactly!

I really hope this gets fixed somehow because my sims daughter just got a small house with her current boyfriend. I really want to play!
ltd2mp87

I had that happen. I couldnt find a way to fix it, I had to start a new town.

One thing you can try is to reset all the sims in your town.

While in game, open cheat console ( Ctrl+shift+c )
Type in "testingcheatsenabled true", enter
Open cheat console again,
Type in "resetsim *", enter (at this point the game might freeze for a couple of seconds as it resets all the sims)
Open cheat console again,
Type in "testingcheatsenabled false", enter
al5d

The Same thing is happening to me
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

I had this problem after the Gen patch and installation of Gen. This happened on most of my old saves and had to delete them all. Sorry and I hope you find a solution other than mine.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
lil_slg

I use Twallans master controller to switch households. If you don't mind using a mod to fix your issue, you can find it here:
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2722-the-masterco
ntroller-phase-six-version-74-updated-2011-dec-15/
simy_fan

I've got this bug too
BilgeMouse

I'm bumping this thread as I've just started having the same issue and this seems to be the most recent conversation on the subject.

I've got two families in Appaloosa Plains that I've been switching between, and now, I can't. After I select "switch household" I get the map view, and nothing else. My game is up-to-date, my computer is fully capable of playing the Sims 3, and I have no mods or cc other than things I've bought from the Sims store.

Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

Ta,
Mouse
candycane2106

I tried going 2 a different neighborhood, the game lets me choose a household then it says click to play and i click then button goes grey and nothing happens !! I just got a new graphics hard or whatever you call it because my Sim's pets were just a bunch of scribbles. They look perfectly now and my game runs smoother but i can't play on ANY households PLEASE help !!!!!
sam123

7 Step fix that works for sims you cant switch households with!! A FIX HERE!!

I had the exact same issue 2 weeks ago! This is what I did,

1)Firstly, stay as the family you currently are and use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true".

2)After that, visit the family you want to play and shift click each member of that family and choose add to active household.

3)Now, you should have the family you want to play combined with your current family.

4)Now that the family is out of that house it should be empty so go into edit town and move a random sim you don't need into the house of the sims you want to play.

5)Then play that random sim and make it visit the house of the combined families.

6)Hold shift and click each family member and again, choose add to active family until they are all in the random sims house (which was the familys you wanted to play)

7)Then be one of the family members and shift click the random sim and click delete.

Voila! You should be playing the household that didn't work! You must move them out of that house so then later on switching active households will work again!

Let there be OFB. We've waited long enough.
babybug7609

i got ahold of Ea and they told me if you download any stuff from the exchange that could be the reason why they had me go to the maine page on your sims the game launcher and go to Install content and then you click on run with out Custom content and then screen will come up just hit ok . and that should fix your prob if not fix well you will have to delete game and start all over i hope this helps it help me th 1st time and then the 2end time around it didnt i had to delete my game

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: