Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
'Display Driver igfx has stopped responding and has recovered' can anyone help?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
malibu1225

So after playing for about an hour or so my screen will go black and then go to my desktop and at the bottom of my screen is the (!) that vista gives you with that warning in it...I have no problem loading the game, creating a sim, i didn't even have a problem installing the game...but after playing for a while this usually happens...I've never been on a forum or anything so I didn't know other people were having issues with the game...but if anyone can help or if they are having the same issue please let me know...I've read some of the issues here so i'm sorry some of you can't even get ur game up and running....

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/09 03:15 AM

LisaMarieMann

Exact same problem. Exact same notice

"The longer you wait for the future, the shorter it will be." ♥
malibu1225

Wow...good i'm not alone...Also when i go back in to play my saved game is there right where i left off from my last same...so i don't think it's technically crashing since i can go back and continue playing like nothing happened
AeroFunk80

I am having the exact same problem as well, except this is what's been happening to me:

1. Sometimes the game freezes a few seconds, goes black and then comes back on after about 30 seconds. I can play like normal and no additional problems. Sometimes it may repeat again, but it goes right back to normal. Again--no problems.

2. The game freezes, goes black and then my computer just completely shuts down. I have to restart.

AFTER I EXIT THE GAME:

I also have the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in the center saying, "Display Driver Stopped but has been recovered."

The strange thing is that this happened to me when playing Sims 2. Is it a Vista problem (because I had a previous computer worse than the one I'm using now and Sims 2 worked just fine when I used XP)? OR is this a video card issue?

Any help with this matter/how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

HaloMarine117

I'd hate to break it to you, but that's your internal graphic chip unable to cope with The Sims 3. I had that exact same problem.

You need to buy a graphics card that will work with the game.
melissawarhol

BLAH
I'm having this problem minus the screen going black.
Mine just freezes, so I have to ctrl+alt+delete and go to desktop, and it display that error.
It freezes so hard that I can't even turn off my computer, I just have to hold the power button for it to turn off.

Whatever I can deal for now.
fatdragon1993

for me i actually fix this problem by download mod drivers

malibu1225

ok graphics card (sigh) I can handle getting a new graphics card...hopefully lol....and yea sometimes it'll go black but I can still hear the birds chirping or shower running or w/e the sim is doing and it'll go back to regular and thats when i'll save it cause not to long after that it'll go black again and then go to my desktop with the yellow ! that i dislike...I enjoy the game I just can't enjoy it for a long period at a time...grrr..
malibu1225

fatdragon1993 wrote:for me i actually fix this problem by download mod drivers

what is that exactly??
mantapanda

Yes same exact message happened to me and the crashes/freezing I upgraded my graphics card and fixed it right up. Exspensive thing to upgrade but worth it to me.
fatdragon1993

what is that exactly??

explains here >>>>http://groups.google.com/group/intel9x-gaming/
web/what-is-modded-drivers-what-should-we-expect-from-modded-d
rivers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/09 06:08 AM

bmathis

fatdragon1993 wrote:
what is that exactly??

explains here >>>>http://groups.google.com/group/intel9x-gaming/
web/what-is-modded-drivers-what-should-we-expect-from-modded-d
rivers

I have the same problem and just bought a new computer. How much does it cost for the graphic card upgrade or whatever?
oilandmoney

I'm going through this now! I went to best buy and a lady from the geek squad told me to upgrade my display driver but that's not working yet. please help
tomsnameistyler

I have had this same exact problem. It was solved when I downloaded my latest graphics drivers from Intel.
SimGuruLily

Hi malibu1225,

This is a problem with your graphics card driver. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the most up-to-date drivers for your card. I had the same problem myself at home and was able to fix it once the proper drivers were released. In the meantime, try turning down your screen resolution. This seemed to lessen the problem for me.

Good luck and happy Simming!

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: