Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Concerns about Story Progression  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
KB_Dancer_Girl

i hate story progression

MAY 10, 2011
THE DAY WE ARE ALL DISAPPOINTED YET AGAIN.
KB_Dancer_Girl

gahh, i hate story progression!

MAY 10, 2011
THE DAY WE ARE ALL DISAPPOINTED YET AGAIN.
sundancer16

I don't get it.... what does turning the story progression off do anyway?

Frnds9404

I have been playing the Sims since the original Sims. I own every expansion and every stuff pack for each version, and never, never, have I been so dissapointed in EA. After countless emails and zero help from their customer service, my story progression still does not turn off. They say that they have addressed it in a patch...it certainly did not patch my game. I refuse to give another dollar to a company that seems to have forgotten about their customers a long time ago.
jdsix9yahoocom

Hi I don't post often, if ever, but I have a question about story progression. I want to know is it safe to turn back on and if I do what will it effect. I remember way back when, I had Story Progression on and it made my families move away and have babies with random people, now while that is fine for the townies I don't always play, I don't want that to happen to my custom families and the premade ones that I do play, like the Goths, Bachelors, Altos, etc... (As of this day I've never played the Wan-Goddards or Ursine lol.) Anyway I just want to know what effects it will have on my game. I want people to get promoted without me playing them and etc.
Darkslayer

As far as I know this hasn't changed. Apparently one of the patches was supposed to fix this but when I played without the SP mod I use some of my sim families still moved away.

If you want to use story progression I recommend using the Master Controller mod or Twallans Story Progression mod.

EA's unmodified story progression sucks.

Edhla

Agreeing with everyone else that EA's SP sucks. Big time.

Jdsix- you can promote people and stuff without playing them by using Twallan's Master Controller mod- or his Story Progression mod- or you can be awesome like me and use both

To me the worst thing about EA's SP is that it randomly kills off BABIES. Not funny, cool, or necessary. If the town has too many sims, don't allow them to be BORN, instead of having people have babies with random other people and then killing them off, for goodness' sake!!

I will NOT be silenced by EA. Ask me why!
Chemicalwibs

Edhla wrote:Agreeing with everyone else that EA's SP sucks. Big time.

Jdsix- you can promote people and stuff without playing them by using Twallan's Master Controller mod- or his Story Progression mod- or you can be awesome like me and use both

To me the worst thing about EA's SP is that it randomly kills off BABIES. Not funny, cool, or necessary. If the town has too many sims, don't allow them to be BORN, instead of having people have babies with random other people and then killing them off, for goodness' sake!!

I agree. I was quite hesitant about installing mods, but EA's SP really annoyed me, especially with all the dead babies. But also with NPC's not moving forward in their lives, career and personal. So I recently got Twallan's SP mod, and what a difference - I highly recommend getting a SP mod

jdsix9yahoocom

Ok thank you all for responding. Is this Mod available here, or do I have to visit another site to get it?
l8nytsimmer

This is excellent news! I know a LOT of Simmers who hate Story Progression because it kills off Sims THEY created, or pairs them with partners that are far from the partners they had planned for their Sims. And single Sims, living alone, suddenly pop out a baby! None of that has happened to me yet, but I enjoy playing the assorted townies in the neighborhood, and most of the time, most of the pre-made neighborhood characters leave move away, or move in with other Sims before I get the chance to play them. I have to keep starting new games to get the townfolk back. I DO like Story Progression though, because it makes the game seem more like a real, living neighborhood. The open environment is one of the best things about this game!

Please click to help my newest baby Dragon survive.
freedombah

how do i create neighbors in sims 3 on ps3?
deadly_bite

I've been playing The Sims 3 for a while and I didn't have any problems with story progression before. I just had it turned off and nothing ever happened... until now. I installed Late Night recently, but this issue actually started months before that.

It all begun after I installed Ambitions and started playing Twinbrook. One day I found out the game had populated EVERY free house in the neighborhood with single random sims. It bothered me a bit, but since I didn't lose anything, I thought it was just something normal. Then, a couple of weeks ago (I had already installed Late Night) I found out two of the pre-made families (Roommates and Wolf) had just disappeared. I made a copy of the neighborhood and brought them back in... and then some other families disappeared :S I ended up deleting the whole thing u_u

So, now I'm afraid that, at any moment, the game will start deleting families again. I've also had random sims moved into a couple of other neighborhoods lately, and I wonder... is this a sign for alarm? Will my families be deleted while I'm playing with someone else?

I've checked it all out: both Story Progression and Aging are off, my game is up to date and I've never installed ANY mods.

Is this happening to anybody else? I really need some advice, because getting the feeling that I'm playing russian roulette with my sims every time I launch my game is not something I find specially enjoyable.
Zolt65

Because EA cannot or will not fix the story progression toggle
we have to use 3rd party mods to play the game as it was intended.
If you dont want your other sims marrying and/or dying...if you want to switch controlling families...the story progression control EA made is worthless.
I use Awesomemod, others use Nraas Story Progression mod (I tried it but I couldnt make it work as well as AM).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/14/10 10:34 PM

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
deadly_bite

I think I'll have to give AM a chance in the end, even though I'm a little scared of touching things in the game because I'm quite useless at this T_T

I'll see what I can do. Thanks
deadly_bite

I'm afraid I'm gonna need some help with this T___T

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: