Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Guide: Career Benefits + Career Traits  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
trelium10

It seems to me that not everyone is on the same page, or at least I am not.

Do you mean to say that, for example, if I am in the Science Career and have the Handy trait I will have increased job performance? Or do you mean that I will be able to build my Handiness skill faster, which will in turn increase my job perfomance? I am thinking you mean the latter.
Because a lot of people are giving information regarding which traits help stats increase faster. That isn't the same as a trait that directly affects job performance. Which, in Law Enforcement, the Brave trait does, and Athletic does not.
So pretty please, clarify this so I understand!

(Law: Agents can Raid the criminal warehouse for rewards!.) How?

(Crime: Bank robbers get a one-time expensive object stolen for them. Cat burgulars have a UNIQUE special Statue dedicated to them, that gives the 'I am great@ moodlet. ) Really? The thief line?

(Military: High rankings can show others the spaceship or jet... providing they don't get caught) How?

does it appear to anyone else that the Brave trait allows you to demand a raise in the science track?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/09 03:29 AM

Hida

The brave trait lets you put out fires and fight the burglar

TwilightWaterlily

Artistic will also help with the music career! Don't know if anyone will be able to see this all the way down here, though.... >.>

A lily, delicately dancing on the surface of a deep blue lake, kissed by the pale purple glow of twilight.
StupidBaebee

I didn't read all 10 pages, so pardon if this is duplicate:

For the Music Career, you can actually hold an autograph session at just about any business, not just the Theater & Stadium. Like the Spa, Grocery, Bookstore, Bistro, etc... but can only perform concerts at Theater & Stadium.

(You get paid by how many autographs you sign in 4 hrs and of those, how many then enter the business after getting their autograph, generating income for said business...basically you're acting like a publicity stunt LOL, dam sell-outs.)

My Sim is soooo ugly...
"How ugly is she?"
My Sim is soooo ugly... she can't even get downloaded!
Paneth

In the sience field I have also picked up random fish, and somewhere I think you get an oppertunity to zap a ghost and make them playable, though I only learned that second hand, if somone can confirm that it would be nice =)

Also in the evil criminal brance you can become the boss, donno if you can be fired though. Ive tried but they wont fire me
DerekC1990

RawrKiddo wrote:In Political, you can throw campaign parties. Everyone you invite donates atleast $1,000
You should add on that you never see any of those profits. Though you have an option to steel from the campaign fund, I never tried it.
TyTiger13

Location:Either Seattle, Whichita, Or Cincinnati...And always the forums

Nice guide! And congratz on first sticky!

Pericon1

Don't know if this has been talked about (I don't feel like reading through all the pages) but my simwife is at the top of the medical career (World Renowned Surgeon) and she's a workaholic which allows her to "work hard" everyday without getting as stressed out as other sims which is great for promotions and raises (they also get a mood boost while at work). I'm not sure what the actual salary is at level 10 but with all the raises she's received, her salary is around 1200 to 1300 an hour and the hours are 0900 to 1400 Mon, Tues, Thur and Fri. Also, she gets the option to go play golf while she's at work.

Someone mentioned the writing skill and it just so happens my simself is maxed out in the writing skill. He has the writing achievements "Fantasy Author" and "Speed Writer" he also has the Artistic trait and he can write a book in about 2 days. So he writes a couple of books a week and I think he's making about 12000-13000 a week in royalties. Needless to say, he is "Unemployed". He just writes books and takes care of the kids.

As a side note, my sims make so much money, they are considered "Rich". I was looking at the family tree and noticed on the bottom, beneath the traits, there was another category called "other" or something like that, and it had a simoleon sign and it said "rich". This applied to the children as well.

Hope this helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/09 09:54 AM

saladoor

Location:Manchetser, England, England. Across the Atlantic Sea!

Culinery - I was also given a free food processor, that is not in the game to buy, it made food taste great, next day I was given the free fridge! - Fan-bloomin-tastic

Unfortunately my science sim tried to experiment on the food processor and it dissapeared

I have a sharp stick, and I will use it..
Syrovi1967

In the Criminal career (Masterthief) you get a statue of the Grey fox, that boosts your mood by 40 for 8 hours when viewed
ICeySIms

Also artistic can help in the music career track :]

TheMeister

sorry if this has been repeated but I haven't read all of the pages

I have heard that medical interns/residents/neurosurgeons can give medical advice/good medical advice/amazing medical advice to pregnant mothers. I was wondering, if the pregnant women WAS one of those what would happen? I think it probably would be automatic but I'm not sure.
LordBowden

trelium10 wrote:It seems to me that not everyone is on the same page, or at least I am not.

Do you mean to say that, for example, if I am in the Science Career and have the Handy trait I will have increased job performance? Or do you mean that I will be able to build my Handiness skill faster, which will in turn increase my job perfomance? I am thinking you mean the latter.
Because a lot of people are giving information regarding which traits help stats increase faster. That isn't the same as a trait that directly affects job performance. Which, in Law Enforcement, the Brave trait does, and Athletic does not.
So pretty please, clarify this so I understand!

(Law: Agents can Raid the criminal warehouse for rewards!.) How?

(Crime: Bank robbers get a one-time expensive object stolen for them. Cat burgulars have a UNIQUE special Statue dedicated to them, that gives the 'I am great@ moodlet. ) Really? The thief line?

(Military: High rankings can show others the spaceship or jet... providing they don't get caught) How?

does it appear to anyone else that the Brave trait allows you to demand a raise in the science track?

The way I understand it, traits 'help' by adding to stat increases. The exception is appaently the workaholic trait, this makes you 'happier' at work, meaning you perform better.

As for everything else... I'm unsure. As I said, most of this was from the Prima guide... which to be honest, isn't that good. I Presume you just click on the.. say.. warehouse at night or something, as I haven't checked it out yet. The same with the special agent career.

As for the 'show jet (level 9) and show spaceship (level 10) in the Military... again it's odd. There gives no option to 'show' it to anyone... However I'm looking into this.

Any clarification for the Thief or Law would be helpful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/09 04:26 PM

trelium10

Thank you for replying LordBowden. I'll keep trying to raid the warehouse, I'll become a Thief to see if I get the statue (Grey Fox as someone stated), and keep my eye out for the Show Shuttle/Jet.

OP, I have a suggestion then.

I believe that the distinction needs to be made between the traits. Possible distinction as follows:

1. Direct Performance Benefit Trait: ex. Brave, Workaholic, Ambitious. i.e. You see an increase to job performance from these traits directly.

2. Indirect Performance Benefit Trait: ex. Handy, Green Thumb. i.e. The skills that increase job performance build quicker with these traits.

MissAnne

I have a question about the rank 10 business career:

I use to be able to hold meetings at various sites (city hall, criminal hideout, diner, etc.) for multiple times a day.

Now I'm only able to hold ONE meeting a day and ONLY at the business building. Is this normal?

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: