Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!  XML
Forum Index » Creative Corner
_Princess_Natasha_

Intermediate Results: #102-103 Generations

anonymousMist:
Great architecture! Pretty interiors! Remember that CAS is your best friend, especially on a budget! Make sure to CAS as much as possible!!! I love the purple walls in the kitchen! Granny's living spaces are well done! The yard was perfect for a family with kids! You did a great job!

golden_glow:
I love the architecture especially the roof!!! The home's interiors have a very nice beach feel! Granny's bedroom is so beautiful! Love the yellow you used in her kitchen/dinning area!

Icrawbeans:
I like the architecture and layout. I like Jack-and-Jill bathroom! At times the color scheme seems conflicting. I would have liked the interiors to be a little bit more beach themed. Over all you did a very good job! Lots of wall art and plenty of little touches like hand towels, rugs, and nick-knacks!

jostubbs:
Simple but lovely architecture! Nice layout. Pretty landscape. I like the MOO of the ivy arch in the fence! Great idea! The interiors are very pretty. I like the color scheme.

mgolden27:
Monster in Law! *giggles* Great name! Very pretty, well landscaped yard! I like columns at wall ends... adds a lot of architecture style and value! Just an idea tho! I love the area in the master bath with the shelves and hand towels! Clever idea! In Nichol's bedroom I feel that the blue-green color is over used... maybe a different color rug would have worked better. Overall you did an excellent job! Lots of decor and wall art! Nice layout! And great color palette!

SerithRei:
148 pictures!!! I like the color palette! Curtains!!! They are a huge asset to every room! I love the kitchen and dinning room! Great layout. Great use of geometric patterns. I like the architecture! Great job!

TsunamiGirl:
I like the addition of a chess table in the dinning room. Unique layout and shape of rooms! I like it! The nursery is very pretty! Pretty architecture! You did a really good job!!! The landscape is pretty! I like the BBQ area!

And the winner is...

golden_glow

Congrats!!!

EDIT:

It was brought to my attention that I missed the optional challenge...

And the winner is...

Icrawbeans

Almost all of your pictures showed the family living in their new home! Awesome job!!!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 07/06/11 11:14 PM

ZYIsSims

Congrats Dreamer90!!

Aquacatt

Scoiattolo wrote:[size=18]

Aquacatt

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4241200
Link to media: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aquacatt3/sets/72157626893947507/
Comments: You’ve chosen a perfect location for this contemporary beach house. I like the warm colors and materials of the exterior, and the overall layout works really well. The landscaping is simple but effective, and you’ve provided a lovely play area for the small children and a grill area for Jack with a beach view for those “shrimps on the barbie”. The interiors show a sophisticated use of pattern and colors. I love the individuality of each bedroom. I especially like the bright colors and wild patterns you used in Nicole’s room. I would suggest more décor items in the main living spaces. You did a wonderful job in the bedrooms making them look “lived in”, but the living room, dining room and kitchen look a bit sparse. Also remember that you can CAS the edge of exposed floors (like over the entrance) to make them blend into the rest of the house. And it might have been nice to have a lighted pathway to the stairway leading to Sarah’s “granny flat”.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I did run out of time when I got to the living spaces, so I agree they look "unfinished."

But I have a question: What do you mean by use CAS to blend the edges for the exposed floors? I love learning new things.

And congrats to Dreamer90! I rec'd and downloaded your amazing home.

Edit to say: ZYIsSims, I rec'd and downloaded your amazing home, too!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/28/11 07:44 PM

Scoiattolo

Aquacatt wrote:
Scoiattolo wrote:[size=18]

Aquacatt

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4241200
Link to media: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aquacatt3/sets/72157626893947507/
Comments: You’ve chosen a perfect location for this contemporary beach house. I like the warm colors and materials of the exterior, and the overall layout works really well. The landscaping is simple but effective, and you’ve provided a lovely play area for the small children and a grill area for Jack with a beach view for those “shrimps on the barbie”. The interiors show a sophisticated use of pattern and colors. I love the individuality of each bedroom. I especially like the bright colors and wild patterns you used in Nicole’s room. I would suggest more décor items in the main living spaces. You did a wonderful job in the bedrooms making them look “lived in”, but the living room, dining room and kitchen look a bit sparse. Also remember that you can CAS the edge of exposed floors (like over the entrance) to make them blend into the rest of the house. And it might have been nice to have a lighted pathway to the stairway leading to Sarah’s “granny flat”.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I did run out of time when I got to the living spaces, so I agree they look "unfinished."

But I have a question: What do you mean by use CAS to blend the edges for the exposed floors? I love learning new things.

And congrats to Dreamer90! I rec'd and downloaded your amazing home.

I'm sorry for using jargon! CAS means Create-a-Style. You can use the Create-a-Style tool to highlight the edge of the floor and then change it to another material, change the color, etc. Generally speaking, if you select the same material as the surrounding area and then make it darker, it will blend in perfectly. You have to experiment a little, but it makes the house look more finished.

Aquacatt

Scoiattolo wrote:
I'm sorry for using jargon! CAS means Create-a-Style. You can use the Create-a-Style tool to highlight the edge of the floor and then change it to another material, change the color, etc. Generally speaking, if you select the same material as the surrounding area and then make it darker, it will blend in perfectly. You have to experiment a little, but it makes the house look more finished.

Oh! I looked at the photo of my entrance and I see what you mean. The floor above the front door has an exposed edge... I've always hated that. Usually I use some sort of roofing to hide it, but that didn't work in this case. I will try your suggestion, I had no idea it was possible. Thank you!

Dreamer90

Scoiattolo wrote:
Results • #102-103 Generations!: Advanced

[...]

Dreamer90

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4244158
Link to media: https://picasaweb.google.com/114131959274906480855/BuildNShareG
enerations?authkey=Gv1sRgCO78jv3vgrOQfg#slideshow/562112730874

Optional Challenge: family is included in the lot
Comments: Where to begin? There are so many interesting details both inside and out. First of all, I love the lighthouse! The house as a whole would fit perfectly in a coastal community on either the east or west coast of the U.S. Your use of color, texture and pattern is masterful, and you have a real knack for making the interior spaces look comfortable and inviting. I’m also in awe of your use of the building cheats to create architectural features and interior items—the dresser in the master bedroom is really fun!
You’ve also created a wonderful family to live in the house. I like their personalities and how you’ve customized their spaces to fit them. My only suggestion would be to add a bit more vegetable garden for Sarah. Also, if you don’t like the look of the fire alarm over the fireplace, you can use the MOO cheat to hide behind one of the bookcases, and it will still function as a fire alarm. That way you can put a painting over the fireplace!

[...]

This was another difficult challenge to pick a winner. I would have been proud to create any one of these houses. The winner of both the main and optional challenges is:

Dreamer90

Thank you so much. I'm honored. This was some serious competition and I always love how different everyones entries turn out. Well done everyone.

Also I just noticed I got featured Didn't see that coming...

... off to make a happy dance...

Scoiattolo

Dreamer90 wrote:Also I just noticed I got featured Didn't see that coming...

Congratulations on being featured! It was well deserved.

BuildnShare

dreamer90 wrote:Thank you so much. I'm honored. This was some serious competition and I always love how different everyones entries turn out. Well done everyone.

Yes, Big congrats!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/11 02:55 AM

TsunamiGirl

Dreamer90 wrote:

Thank you so much. I'm honored. This was some serious competition and I always love how different everyones entries turn out. Well done everyone.

This house is amazing. I'm really not surprised you got featured, it is most definitely well deserved. I love lighthouses!
Congratulations to all the winners!

ciane

Scoiattolo wrote:
Results • #86-87 Lion & Lamb: Intermediate

ciane
Link to lots:

lion: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3857183
lamb: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3857185
Link to media:
lion: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/BNS/Lion/?albumview
=slideshow

lamb: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/BNS/Lamb/?albumview
=slideshow

Comments: You created a wonderful contrast between the Lion and Lamb. The exteriors and landscaping of both houses work beautifully, and I especially love your use of World Adventures items in unexpected ways. The interior color scheme for each house was consistent and harmonious, and it was a great idea to include a basement for added space. Details stand out like your use of curtains over the arches and your choice of fireplaces for each house. You also demonstrate a deft use of the CAS tool. Really lovely builds!

Great job, everyone! First Place goes to:

Ciane

Second Place: Redmae

Third Place (tie): k2m1too and scorpiophoenix

I just wanted to say you thank you.

golden_glow

_Princess_Natasha_ wrote:
Intermediate Results: #102-103 Generations

anonymousMist:
Great architecture! Pretty interiors! Remember that CAS is your best friend, especially on a budget! Make sure to CAS as much as possible!!! I love the purple walls in the kitchen! Granny's living spaces are well done! The yard was perfect for a family with kids! You did a great job!

golden_glow:
I love the architecture especially the roof!!! The home's interiors have a very nice beach feel! Granny's bedroom is so beautiful! Love the yellow you used in her kitchen/dinning area!

Icrawbeans:
I like the architecture and layout. I like Jack-and-Jill bathroom! At times the color scheme seems conflicting. I would have liked the interiors to be a little bit more beach themed. Over all you did a very good job! Lots of wall art and plenty of little touches like hand towels, rugs, and nick-knacks!

jostubbs:
Simple but lovely architecture! Nice layout. Pretty landscape. I like the MOO of the ivy arch in the fence! Great idea! The interiors are very pretty. I like the color scheme.

mgolden27:
Monster in Law! *giggles* Great name! Very pretty, well landscaped yard! I like columns at wall ends... adds a lot of architecture style and value! Just an idea tho! I love the area in the master bath with the shelves and hand towels! Clever idea! In Nichol's bedroom I feel that the blue-green color is over used... maybe a different color rug would have worked better. Overall you did an excellent job! Lots of decor and wall art! Nice layout! And great color palette!

SerithRei:
148 pictures!!! I like the color palette! Curtains!!! They are a huge asset to every room! I love the kitchen and dinning room! Great layout. Great use of geometric patterns. I like the architecture! Great job!

TsunamiGirl:
I like the addition of a chess table in the dinning room. Unique layout and shape of rooms! I like it! The nursery is very pretty! Pretty architecture! You did a really good job!!! The landscape is pretty! I like the BBQ area!

And the winner is...

golden_glow

Congrats!!!

Aw thanks so much! This was a nice surprise for me after coming back from holiday Well done to everyone else too, they were all so good

_Princess_Natasha_

BNS 102-103 Generations is updated with an optional challenge winner!

Congrats to all the recent winners! I'd like to extend a warm thanks to all the participants for keeping these challenges alive! You all are awesome! Your ideas unique and endless! Your builds forever inspirational!
KittKat7147

Bns 103-104 ~ The 1776 Diner ~ Advanced Results

Koman123

I love the historical look to the building and the magnolia trees surrounding it. Great terrace dining areas. I like the understated use of the color scheme. Book shelves in the upstairs area a nice touch – gives this building multiple uses in your town. The columns are an interesting solution for providing a realistic point of attachment of the lights on the lower level. Nice spiral staircase. Great cash register area. Love the shelving behind the counter.

Suggestsions: Don’t place cabinets on top of windows and curtains. The side and rear landscaping was very nice, but the front looked a little neglected.

ZYisSims

Very cute building. Love the fencing on the mansard roof. Great side terraces. Nice parking out front. Like the café sign by the front steps. Like the wine and supply storage on the ground level. Cute dining counter. Like the multiple sizes of tables available on the first level. Piano is a nice touch. Glad you included restrooms! I should have thought of that… Nice bar area. Like the banquette seating upstairs. Like the grill area and the “walk-in” refrigerators! Very clever Love that you carried the color scheme over into the landscaping as well.

Suggestions: You could go with white as the main color and use the red and blue as accents or use less saturated tones of red and blue for a more refined look.

And the winner is…

ZYisSims!!! Congrats on a great build that fully embraced the challenge

ZYIsSims

KittKat7147 wrote:
Bns 103-104 ~ The 1776 Diner ~ Advanced Results

ZYisSims

Very cute building. Love the fencing on the mansard roof. Great side terraces. Nice parking out front. Like the café sign by the front steps. Like the wine and supply storage on the ground level. Cute dining counter. Like the multiple sizes of tables available on the first level. Piano is a nice touch. Glad you included restrooms! I should have thought of that… Nice bar area. Like the banquette seating upstairs. Like the grill area and the “walk-in” refrigerators! Very clever Love that you carried the color scheme over into the landscaping as well.

Suggestions: You could go with white as the main color and use the red and blue as accents or use less saturated tones of red and blue for a more refined look.

And the winner is…

ZYisSims!!! Congrats on a great build that fully embraced the challenge

aww thankyou and thanks for the comments and sugestions I'll try to remember them for the future this was a fun challenge!

_Princess_Natasha_

BNS 103-104 | The 1776 Diner | Intermediate Results

Brennachan

I like the landscape. You have a great layout of furniture. I wouldn't have used the extremely modern counters with the 50's counters as they are contradictory to one another. I like the use of the fish windows.

Clovergoddess

I like the patio dinning area. The addition of musical instruments is great! I like the choice of patterns. I like all the items on the counters in the dinner. Seems realistically cluttered.

SerithRei

How come you don't classify yourself as an advanced builder? I like the furniture placement, the architecture is amazing, lovely front "patio" and intimate balcony dinning options, the addition of a dance floor is great! Great pattern combinations!

And the winner is...

SerithRei

CONGRATULATIONS! Next time try to shoot for the advanced category!

Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: