Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Breastfeeding  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Rflong7

Lol~ absolutely, I was.

I see I hit a sore spot and for that I apologize.

It gets so deep around this question that I feel a lot of people put too much into an answer to show how much they understand about life then to just give a shot answer.

I don't think it's necessary but I wouldn't care if it was in the game. I don't see it as very important to this game.

TashaDoll

Rflong7 wrote: I could care less about how Realistic the Sims are. I've been there and done that and I just want to enjoy a game where I can have fun and not worry so much of the "Reality" of the game.

It's meant to be fun and not a life tool. This isn't for learning how to raise babies or even how babies are made.

I think it's fine to breastfeed. I think it's fine to do it in public. I really don't care if it was in the game. Just don't be comparing a game to teaching life.

It's a game.... not a true life simulator.

Gawh... I just laugh at some of my thoughts while reading this.

...appendages. real life. :lmao:
People~the reality you see in this game is all in your mind. The stories you make in your mind is this reality you have chosen for a GAME. It's not real no matter how you dress it up or what options you pick.

And where in saying I like realistic options did I say the game was real life?

As a mother i can pick and choose the things that interest my kids to use as a learning experience, but in REALITY I teach them prior to playing any games along with respecting others rights to their own individuality. So when it comes to a game they are allowed the freedom to play in an age appropriate and supervised manner since I as their mother am the one setting the rules for what they can and can't do.

People should stop being so quick to throw words out there that they don't take heed to themselves... If reality is in the individuals mind, wtho are you to say that what is fun to you should be the same to another?

To stay on topic, I will once again say... if it were in the game I would enjoy it just as I would without!
Rflong7

TashaDoll wrote:
Rflong7 wrote: I could care less about how Realistic the Sims are. I've been there and done that and I just want to enjoy a game where I can have fun and not worry so much of the "Reality" of the game.

It's meant to be fun and not a life tool. This isn't for learning how to raise babies or even how babies are made.

I think it's fine to breastfeed. I think it's fine to do it in public. I really don't care if it was in the game. Just don't be comparing a game to teaching life.

People~the reality you see in this game is all in your mind. The stories you make in your mind is this reality you have chosen for a GAME. It's not real no matter how you dress it up or what options you pick.

As a mother i can pick and choose the things that interest my kids to use as a learning experience, but in REALITY I teach them prior to playing any games along with respecting others rights to their own individuality. So when it comes to a game they are allowed the freedom to play in an age appropriate and supervised manner since I as their mother am the one setting the rules for what they can and can't do.

People should stop being so quick to throw words out there that they don't take heed to themselves... If reality is in the individuals mind, wtho are you to say that what is fun to you should be the same to another?

To stay on topic, I will once again say... if it were in the game I would enjoy it just as I would without!

The reality OF the game is in the players mind.
Never said it was not fun for anyone... did I?

I see I got you all worked up. It must be a big sore spot. Yes, they are your children and you set the restrictions and boundaries.

I don't think you realize how you came across in your post about appendages and sexuality. :blush: <- which isn't about the topic of appendages.

TashaDoll

Rflong7 wrote:
TashaDoll wrote:

The reality OF the game is in the players mind.
Never said it was not fun for anyone... did I?

I see I got you all worked up. It must be a big sore spot. Yes, they are your children and you set the restrictions and boundaries.

I don't think you realize how you came across in your post about appendages and sexuality. :blush: <- which isn't about the topic of appendages.

Perhaps you should reread what you wrote, you claimed you just wanted to enjoy the game and have fun and not think of the reality of it.. which associated your perception of fun not being reality based, implying as if others arent having fun as well if they do play reality based?

Not worked up, just acknowledging that a question of breastfeeding was being answered and the basis of my opinion and you felt the need to comment to me about that opinion as if you are judge and jury on my feeling that way.

If I refer to breast as nothing more than appendages then I see nothing wrong with not finding bodyparts sexual. Give something a brief term and it is no longer viewed in an immature manner of being sexual.

I apologize for seeming so serious but most of the references to breastfeeding not being in a game revolved around how people felt about real people breastfeeding in real life when its not a bad thing at all.So I stated that.

In the game it could be used for story play, if it wasn't included its affect in the game wouldn't matter, yay or nay!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/11 12:38 PM

Kim5496

GizmonicInstitute wrote:I don't really see the point of it for Sims.

I don't have an opinion...well I do but I think that these topics turn into debates very quickly and it's not really necessary on a video game forum.

However I just wanted to say that you have the BEST signature I have ever seen, anywhere. lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/11 07:39 AM

The Sims 4 Broke My Heart. </3>
RISSI24

I like the idea because it's the natural way of life,a lot of you complain that sims is not realistic enough,But how much more realistic can you get breastfeeding.

ion60

No I don't think they should add that. I think it would be just plain nasty. I don't really see the point of it for Sims.
Cyron43

mlaass wrote:There is a forum in the General Discussion like this but i think that they should have added this with Generations. What do you guys think? Should they have added breastfeeding or no?

The time frame for the development of a new EP is way too narrow anyway, so they have to focus on more important things!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/10/11 01:50 PM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
Sphire_Ziemia

Simsgirl1707 wrote:Comments to various people:

1. So... you're saying that dads can't have a special bond with their child because they can't breastfeed them? I'm pretty sure dads can still bond with their babies when they hold them, bottle feed them, snuggle with them, etc.

2. I too think it's unfair to call someone selfish because they decided not to breastfeed their child. Women have their own reasons for making this decision, who are you to call them selfish if their reasons aren't medically related?

3. I'm honestly not comfortable with people breastfeeding in public. Let me explain. I understand it's perfectly natural, and yes if a child is hungry then they should be fed. But let's say you're in a restaurant, where there are young children present and people eating. I don't think it's appropriate to breastfeed in front of young kids if you aren't covered properly. With your own kids, in your own home, do whatever you like. But when you're in public just go to the restroom. I don't think it's immature if people don't want to see it, some people can't help but be uncomfortable. Is it really too much to ask if you find a secluded place? If there ISN'T one, then fine. But I can't think of many places you would go where there isn't at least a restroom to nurse in.

4. As for The Sims, I understand breastfeeding is in Medieval. That makes perfect sense. That was the only option back then. Plus, in Medieval, as someone mentioned there are no breast sliders, so that makes the animation much easier. I really don't mind either way if it is added to The Sims 3 in Generations or a later expansion, but I don't really believe it is necessary, and I think it would be difficult for the creators to achieve. I do think more interactions with babies should be added, such as bathing. But I don't think this is really that big of a deal.

Wow, this thread got ridiculously off topic. I feel like every thread I go to nowadays people are fighting. Can't we all just get along?

To the above:

1. Fact: Men CAN produce milk and breast feed under certain circumstances. Yes was surprised to find that out too. But really what a newborn especially craves the most is skin to skin contact, warmth and hearing their parent's relaxed heartbeat and voice. So Papa's can bond just as much with their child as a mother through feeding.

2. Thank you so much for understanding that.

3. If you notice then they need some more advise. Pros at it can be very discreet.

4. I think everyone can agree here that babies in Sims 3 need more interactions because right now they are a bit boring.

P.S. Sorry if my earlier comment (page 9) came off a bit...gruff it wasn't meant to be so personal. But I wanted to give an example on why it's not such a great idea to expect and pressure all woman to breast feed. Especially if they are brand new mom's they got enough already to freak out about.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/10/11 02:19 PM

Alisox

Teencat wrote:
NocturnesRequiem wrote:I'd pass on that bit of realism.

I'd prefer getting my bottles from the fridge as that's generally where one keeps them and not their pocket but breastfeeding is...

Icky to me even in real life. XD

(despite the many health benefits and bonding blah blah)

This is the problem with today's people. I read that in the US it is offensive to breast feed in public. And now we get comments like these on the interent "Breast feeding is icky". I'm really offended to hear such things >< You know, even if the EA added breast feeding to the game, you wouldn't have to breat feed the baby. But I think it would be really educational for simmers to see what our breasts were really made for. That it's not some woohoo organ to excite our male simmers.

By that logic, sex is part of nature too, and you definitely shouldn't do that in public.

SimNow

Simsgirl1707 wrote:
3. I'm honestly not comfortable with people breastfeeding in public. Let me explain. I understand it's perfectly natural, and yes if a child is hungry then they should be fed. But let's say you're in a restaurant, where there are young children present and people eating. I don't think it's appropriate to breastfeed in front of young kids if you aren't covered properly. With your own kids, in your own home, do whatever you like. But when you're in public just go to the restroom. I don't think it's immature if people don't want to see it, some people can't help but be uncomfortable. Is it really too much to ask if you find a secluded place? If there ISN'T one, then fine. But I can't think of many places you would go where there isn't at least a restroom to nurse in.

I'm not bothered if breast feeding is included in the game or not, but if you have an issue with people breastfeeding in a restaurant why don't YOU take your food into the restroom and eat in there.
xtalknerdytomex

SimNow wrote:
Simsgirl1707 wrote:

I'm not bothered if breast feeding is included in the game or not, but if you have an issue with people breastfeeding in a restaurant why don't YOU take your food into the restroom and eat in there.

This. Nursing women should not be shunned, shame-ridden into bathrooms because of your hangups about her nurturing the future of the human race. Also, if these other 'small children' in the restaurant are sexualizing breasts at their age, I think we should be looking to their parents, not the nursing mother.
awesomeplayer192

There are many reasons they won't put breastfeeding in the sims 3.

1.It would raise the rating to M
2.It's a touchy subject
3.Some people could take it the wrong way
4.It may go wrong and a lawsuit could arise.
I'm against it. I'm not going to say why, just against it.
xtalknerdytomex

awesomeplayer192 wrote:There are many reasons they won't put breastfeeding in the sims 3.

2.It's a touchy subject

This is just untrue. TSM had a T-rating... and I've heard nothing about a lawsuit.
LittleV

awesomeplayer192 wrote:There are many reasons they won't put breastfeeding in the sims 3.

2.It's a touchy subject

Um, under what legal bias would this constitute a lawsuit?

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: