Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
kailyn8806

My fiance installed the sims 3 on his computer and when he clicks on the desktop icon is says "The sims 3 launcher has stopped working" he's went and uninstalled and installed it again and it still does that. Any way to fix it?
Nichaedemus

Hi,

First, ensure that your Windows OS is fully updated with the latest service pack which can be done via Windows Update from the Start menu taskbar. It is recommended that you run the launcher as an Administrator especially if you are using Vista or Windows 7. Verify that you have .NET Framework installed and updated to version 3.5 SP1 - if necessary, the Framework can also be obtained via Windows Update in your Start menu taskbar (use the Custom option). This Windows component is required by the game launcher and EADM to function properly.

If you are running Windows 7, make certain the .NET Framework component is turned on. To do this open the control panel, then open Programs and Features, and then in the left column choose Turn Windows Features On or Off. You will see .NET Framework 3.5.1 displayed – if the corresponding box is not checked, click on the box once to checkmark it.

It is possible there are background tasks or processes (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) interfering with the launcher. If that is the case, you can try disabling them. Instructions can be found in the following EA Support article:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=10700

The following may also be of help:

From SimGuru_BGY_11:
Let's try this, also:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
2. Click on Startup.
3. Select disable All.
4. Click on Services.
5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
6. Apply, then restart your system.

-Big Guy-

Doing this will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the launcher or game running properly on a software level. After you are done playing the game, repeat the above procedure, this time using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

If the launcher or game still does not work, you can do a clean and complete uninstall to remove the possibility of corrupted game files and registries (use the provided uninstaller first):

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3?
https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_
adp.php?p_faqid=22226

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of game files or registries.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/29/09 11:03 PM

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
chocogirls

(Windows 7)
I have a problem when I press the large play button it freezes and a msg comes up saying "Sims3 Launcher is not responding" it happened after 3 gameplays once i had installed pets. I love my Sims I don't want them 2 go!!!!

Help would be appreciated!
chocogirls

(Windows 7)
I have a problem when I press the large play button it freezes and a msg comes up saying "Sims3 Launcher is not responding" it happened after 3 gameplays once i had installed pets. I love my Sims I don't want them 2 go!!!!

Help would be appreciated!
deslocc124

My launcher has stopped responding as well, and it seems after 8AM EST or there abouts, since I was playing my game earlier in the morning, shut it down.. then when i tried to relaunch it after 10AM EST, it stopped responding..

I see someone was suggesting 'updating' origin?? Which I guess is a downloading program to replace the EADM, but I've never used Origin before so I don't know how to update a program I don't have, much less where to actually get it.

Hope this can be fixed quickly..
emilyfenty

Location:a place where coffee is aimlessly given to passers by

Just to let you guys know that you can play the game this way:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/456950.page

Follow the instructions as some simmers have been able to play using this way. However, a full fix has not been found out yet.

Good luck!

COME JOIN US AT:
jamilton

hey,
i havent played for monthes nowand on day when i went to play it the launcher just didnt work. the main screen didnt show up and when i clicked the play butten it would show the rotating loading thing then not respond, i had to close it !! please help me !!! and i dont want to erase my game data bt uninstalling the game. HELP
matt1253442

My launcher won't open but I have a MAC OS LION. What should I do?
SeaKitty

If you have the EA download manager installed try uninstalling it. It worked for me.

doon27

Location:Bleary eyed in front of my computer from late nights creating my story ;p

I found ejecting the disk and putting it back in caused the launcher to respond and work again when this was happening to me a long time ago.

ClaireLovesCake

This is what i did i have windows 7 too and it said the same thing.
1.click on origin on your desktop.
2.log-in to origin
3. click on my games on origin
4.hover over The Sims 3 and click on play game
it worked for me
Good Luck
VolvoMan

I found out how to fix it on another page.

go to my document> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> DCCache

and delete the file named "missingdps.idx"

Annalieserainbow

OMG!Thank you so so so much, I was having so much difficulty trying to solve the problem it means alot

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: