Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Please HELP!! My Sims are missing from their vacation?!  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
Misty03

My family of eight sims went on about three vacations, in which they apparently didn't arrive. The time was passing alas, my sims was not showing up. The whole vacation spot was deserted and no npc's or any form of LIFE was there... My computer meets the requirements also. I deleted all my CC and downloads in attempts for this to stop but it's still the same. -_-" Help??

(Today's my birthday and it's sucking pretty badly because of this, any efforts to help would be greatly appreciated)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/30/09 04:55 AM

Misty03

Assuming I'm the only one with this problem?
Confined05

Whenever my sims "dissapear" I just doubleclick their potrait thing and they show up once the camera pans to them. Have you tried the cheat that resets your sim? Ctrl + Shift + C resetSim Firstname Lastname

Other than that, I have no idea what you could do becides not saving and restarting from where you saved your game last.

Happy birthday though! Don't get discouraged!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/30/09 07:14 AM

Bluebeard45

I have been reading stuff online about WA and most of the folks suggest you only send 1 sim on vacation thus you won't lose a entire family.

EA knew we would want our sim family together on a vacation but did nothing to make sure it worked.I'm sorry about your family but I'm afraid EA killed them.
Misty03

Ah, well when I show up in any of the vacation spots no portraits or well.. Any kind of sims show up. The whole panel is blank, like it would be if you wanted to build on an empty lot.
I guess I'll try to vacation them separately, although they should add a patch to fix this nonsense.
Al_Ewing

The same thing happened to me - no portraits, no sign of life, no nothing. Sending them separately doesn't do any good. No idea what might be causing it, unfortunately.
grkprncss30

This is happening to me too. I can actually go to china but not the other two locations. Using other families it works fine. But the family that it is happening to I have already done most of the goals with and the have all the items (axe,etc.)in their inventory. It is just a single person household. I have even tried moving the family to another house, evicting them and reloading 50 times. I really don't want to start over again with a new family, especially if it might happen again.
Maddog2186

I am having the same problem but when i travel to a vista my sim is there just when I get home No sims are in sight. I can visit their homes but they are there its just invisible, thought bubbles appear just above the floor and the stuff they are doin is the same, chopping food is on the floor same as reading books. I would love a patch to fix this crap cuz i'de like to talk to my friends lol and since they don't exist anymore i can't.
grkprncss30

Ok so this is what I did.

I went to edit town.
Copied my household w/ house.
Placed it.
Made that my active household.

Everything seems to work now and I still have everything in my inventory. Good luck!
Duckehegg

I am having the exact same problem as you. In fact, I've had it since the day I got this game. The day it was released. I saw there was new a patch and downloaded it, hoping it would fix this. But it did nothing. D:

I choose three of my Sims to send on vacation - I'm trying out France.

As soon as the game finishes loading the France town, my Sims are no where to be found. There aren't even any portraits.

Time runs on, but they aren't around. D:

However, there is life around. You just have to stop the game and pan around the city. But what good is it if you can't do anything because you have no Sims to control?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/30/09 11:47 PM

ArikaRose

The same thing happened to me as well. I sent this problem along with a screenshot showing no sim portrait to EA. Hopefully they can help. I 'm going to see if copying my house as mentioned above will work. I was having a lot of fun with WA until this happened. I'm not playing the game at the moment as I can't send my sim to any of the 3 locations without this same thing happening. What's worse is that I've been playing the same sim since the game came out and have invested quite a bit of time with this 1 sim to start over. I'll try anything at this point to try and get my game back!
Cndy20009

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem!

I messed up with the buydebug stuff after sending them home from China and then from Egypt and then had the same problem sending them to France. They don't just disappear from view, they are nowhere to be found in the world when I try to Edit Town.

I am now using my backup from before WA, and I re-sent them to China. Six of them have the "Prepared Traveller" reward that allowed them to spend 21 days in China and one of them has maxed out her Visa level there. Since she also maxed out her visa level when in Egypt (and bought a vacation home), I'm wondering if that's the problem (they have nowhere to go).

Anyway, their time in China is up, and I'm going to try my luck once they can travel again. Wish me luck, and I'll be sure to update you all!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/01/09 01:58 AM

ArikaRose

Thank you to grkprncss30 who suggested copying the household (in post above). I can now play Egypt again! WooHoo! Thank you so much for suggesting that!
Cndy20009

I'm bumping this thread, since this issue has not been fixed by the new patch (I didn't see it in the list of fixes).

Anyway, it seems to me that the problem could occur when I send all 8 Sims abroad, but when I only send 7 of them out, the game works.

I'm going to age up the toddler soon and see if I can send all 8 of them out without any glitches. Wish me luck!

SIMply_Divine

Bluebeard45 wrote:I'm sorry about your family but I'm afraid EA killed them.

This sounds like a good quote to put in a siggy!

On a serious note Misty03, I've been to scared to actually make a whole family, I just play with one Sim at the moment, it cuts out the problems but we really shouldn't have to worry about any of this if we want to play with whole families.

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: