Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
TomDawg

I have been playing this game since July and all of a sudden I start getting this. I only have the base game and not the expansion. No hacks or downloads either. If someone could help me I would be very appreciative.
JBStylized

Try right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator".
bob007

Try taking the no censor hack out.

Warsun

more like try taking all your hacks out!

And while your at it. Go to the Documents folder and find any names that do not look normal in readable text.

There found in C:\Users\(Account name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims
If the name is in a different language. it WILL Crash you to desktop.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/01/09 03:05 PM

Gateway DX4200-9 AMD Phenom X4 9100e Quad-Core1.800Ghz-4x 3200MHz FSB 6GB DD
TomDawg

I say again that I do not have any hacks on my computer! I tried right clicking the icon and the option to run as an administrator did not come up. What am I doing wrong?
Nichaedemus

Hi,

First, ensure that your Windows OS is fully updated with the latest service pack which can be done via Windows Update from the Start menu taskbar. Next, you can try logging into Windows as an Administrator if the Run as Administrator option is not showing up when right-clicking the launcher shortcut. Verify that you have .NET Framework installed and updated to version 3.5 SP1 - if necessary, the Framework can also be obtained via Windows Update in your Start menu taskbar (use the Custom option). This Windows component is required by the game launcher and EADM to function properly.

If you are running Windows 7, make certain the .NET Framework component is turned on. To do this open the control panel, then open Programs and Features, and then in the left column choose Turn Windows Features On or Off. You will see .NET Framework 3.5.1 displayed – if the corresponding box is not checked, click on the box once to checkmark it.

Another thing to try is to quit EADM before launching the game. You might also try uninstalling EADM since it is only needed for downloading Store content or auto updates and is not required to play the game itself.

Some users have reported success in resolving the issue by deleting all files and folders located in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Before proceeding with this troubleshooting step, it is strongly recommended that you back up the Downloads and Saves folders to a safe location (include other folders as desired). Once deleted, launch the game which will recreate all the player files and folders in a pristine state. Now quit the game and copy back the folders that you made backups of earlier. Overwrite when prompted. Note that you may need to reinstall all Store or Exchange items via the launcher.

It is possible there are background tasks or processes (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) interfering with the launcher or game. If that is the case, you can try disabling them. Instructions can be found in the following EA Support article:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=10700

The following may also be of help:

From SimGuru_BGY_11:
Let's try this, also:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
2. Click on Startup.
3. Select disable All.
4. Click on Services.
5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
6. Apply, then restart your system.

-Big Guy-

Doing this will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the launcher or game running properly on a software level. After you are done playing the game, repeat the above procedure, this time using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

If the launcher or game still does not work, you can do a clean and complete uninstall to remove the possibility of corrupted game files and registries (use the provided uninstaller first):

How do I back up my saved games?
http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=22753

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3?
https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_
adp.php?p_faqid=22226

If applicable, also delete the following cache files located in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

CASPartCache.package
CompositorCache.package
ScriptCache.package
SimCompositorCache.package

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of game files or registries. When reinstalling, do not immediately restore your backups. Install the game, then patch, and then restore your backup files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/02/09 12:33 AM

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
ryanmountford2

god ****** im having the same problem :/

JTheGreat

If nne of the things listed work, try moving your Sims 3 folder in My Documents (yours, not mine) to the desktop, and see if the game works. You should be able to move the folder bac later and still play the game without any problems.

ryanmountford2

JTheGreat wrote:If nne of the things listed work, try moving your Sims 3 folder in My Documents (yours, not mine) to the desktop, and see if the game works. You should be able to move the folder bac later and still play the game without any problems.

OMG that acctualy fixed my game!. thankyou so much!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/02/09 11:16 AM

mostamazing

This all helped so much! Thanks y'all!
imey82

thank you so much it worked when i said run as administraitor but will i have to do that every time i want to play?

check out my 100 baby challenge at http://adifferentkindofchallenge.blogspot.com/ i cant do it without your help!!!!!!! ♬
pazzero1

I am getting the exact same problem.

I have the latest HP compaq, I've been playing the game for three months, I only have the base game. I did a system restore because on the present time AntiVirus Studio 2010 had taken over. My computer first opens the game as if it was gonna start, then suddenly this message keeps popping up. Please help. I paid 60 bucks for it!!
bob007

pazzero1 - Did you restore to a previous point or did you reinstall windows? Please post your dxdiag so we know how your computer is configured.

That malware is making the rounds and I have gotten more then a few calls about it (even my mother got it).

pazzero1

I Only restored the computer to an early point and did not reinstall windows.
Should I just uninstall the game and reinstall?
I just checked the Directx and it says its at version 11.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/10 12:18 PM

bob007

pazzero1 - Not knowing what the restore did to TS3 I would recommend doing a uninstall and a clean install. google a program called ccleaner and use it to uninstall. Then do a registry scan, fix. At this point you should be ready for a clean install of TS3.

I recommend windows restore or to reinstall the operating system should only be used as a very last resort. I have gotten several calls (my mother included) about this malware. Disabling this malware was not too complicated and was easily done without affecting the operating system. And if your not my mother - don't call me!

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: