Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Bad CC - Instructions on how to find it and how to get rid of it (including list)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Twisted_Truth

okay, I tried to skim thru this thread for my issue, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see it. I have a horrid YA Female outfit that is one piece, that is a tanktop with shorts and the shirt says "I love you" but the two recolors with it turn the entire sim colors. I've searched my launcher for it and using one of Twallan's mods, tried to blacklist it to get the code for it, but when I tried searching for the code in my entire computer, it's nowhere to be found. Anyone know the name or any other way to find this for certain so I can nix it? PLEASEEE and thank youuu!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/21/12 10:53 AM

Amykara

Can you please check this as soon as possible please.
http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5640318

Please say when you have downloaded it so I can delete it.
Also if you can, can you tell me which bits are bad, because I love the hair and I don't want to lose it.
It has CC skin.

Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/12 05:22 PM

"Negativity isn't the way to go, smile more, eat some chocolate" - Ed Sheeran
jasmine_mugwort

crinrict wrote:I wouldn't worry to much about the baby. Once it grows up, it should be fine and new ones shouldn't have the issue.

As for the shoes, can't really tell what they are from your pic. Since you are using a mod, I would recommend using MasterController to take the Sim to CAS while they are in their nkd State and change them to bare-feet. That should fix it. While you're at it, you can find out if those really are base game shoes.

Welp, they are base game shoes. In particular the AnkleCHiHeelRound00_pumpLeather ones.

Interestingly enough when I pull it up in game using Master Controller it says it is valid for some ridiculous list of categories: Naked, Everyday, Formalwear, Sleepwear, Singed, Career, MartialArts, etc.

So I go get CTU intending to fix them. Pull them up using the search function and it is the same instance id (0xB202D1E0DE846DB9) as in Master Controller, go over to the categories tab and according to CTU it's only valid for everyday, formal, and career! What the ?!?!

So I tried just resaving it (well hitting commit) and hoping that works. In the mean time I reset my sim to bare feet in Master Controller.

How utterly weird! Thanks so much for your help!
elliec123

Thank you soooo much this was soo helpfull xxx
i had like 6 of the bd cc's xxx
also i cat find the apron one? xxx
crinrict

I just got back from vacation. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow.

crinrict

@Twisted_Truth: Sorry, don't know that one. Please try to upload a Sim with it or post a picture. As far as I know, the codes twallan uses are not the same as the package file names. If you can't find it in the launcher though, it might be on a Sim.

@Amykara: The Sim has eyebrows attached to it but other than that, there's no bad cc. It's all categorized for toddlers properly. Not entirely sure what you want me to do.

@jasmine_mugwort: Haven't really looked into how twallan's possibility to check the categories, so I don't know. It might have something to do with the mods that those shoes show up for naked. Did you change anything so stuff can appear in more categories than the allowed ones ? MC and dresser have options to do that.

@elliec123: The apron one always comes with a Sim. You need to find the guilty .sim file and uninstall that.

oiswise

I bookmarked and read a lot of this just now. It is very giving of you to do this!! I just recently learned how to custard Thanks to MissElpheba's contest AND my launcher somehow deleting ALL my content store and CC... was the extra push to learn custard as I was given a "fresh start".

Thank you again for giving your time and effort to make and update this thread. I am sure I will be passing the link on many times.

I realize this is prob not the right place to post this but you amazingly giving and talented that I had to ask if you or anyone reading this can help ... is this photo problem a known CC issue?
I have custarded everything except of course the user made world I got "Sunset Valley 2" is there any known issues with this world? Any recs on a good SAFE world(s)?

ANYONE WITH SIM PHOTO EXPERIENCE... if you have any ideas of things to try or if the point is moot... love to have it if only for myself. Got some WAY cool pics... poof gone

ALL MY PHOTOS ARE GONE... THE FRAMES ON WALL, THE PICS IN BACKPACK AND THE ONES STILL IN CAMERA ARE ALL BLANK...

I quit without saving when it opened that way and did not eventually fill in everything. Tried going back like 5 times nadda. I moved a copy to SSV as I heard its the most stable world but that did not help

I staged and had my sim build up photo skills to take Salon related pics for the walls. All the walls in all the rooms every picture was either a photo or painting mostly photos.

I have been working on a build for the "build my daughter a nail and hair salon contest" since the day after contest was annouced. I was pretty much done. Just wanted to landscape and play with placement of some props. I am brain dead clearly as did not make seprate save files in my folder along the way at any point... The contest ends today but really loved the photos and would love to recover them if possible if only for myself.

If anyone has any ideas if they could post in my holding post on my page would love to know if there are any tricks to get them back or if once they are gone its gone unless I had SAVED a copy of the buld before they disappeared... Gotta get better at saving!

Sorry to have invaded your page and thank you again for a resouce to pass on to my friends I am trying to convince to learn Custard and be more careful about CC!! O
oiswise

Thank you so much for responding to my plea for help!! I'm getting ready to post a link to this thread on someone's page. AMAZINGLY HELPFUL stuff... you are so great to do this for everyone.

Have a great day/night! O
BlueDott

Hi. I am not sure if it classes as bad cc, but I have downloaded a few sims from the exchange made my Margeh75 and MartyP8. Their sims are very well created, but they all (at least the ones I downloaded) have strange very wide hips with skinny waists. I have looked and looked on ways to get rid of this but have had no luck.

I uninstalled what I thought was creating the effect but it wasn't the correct thing. I don't even know if it's clothing, makeup, skin or other types of cc that is making it. It isn't a mod (at least not one I have downloaded, since I don't download mods) and it isn't something I have done to the sim. They are all pre-made sims from the exchange that look like this.

Has anybody else downloaded these types of sims I am on about and know how to get rid of it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 01:57 PM

crinrict

@BlueDott: They are probably created that way. There are mod sliders where you can do stuff like that and the Sim usually stays like that even if you don't have the sliders. Are other Sims ok ? If so, just don't use the strange ones.

@oiswise: Did it help in any way ?

BlueDott

crinrict wrote:@BlueDott: They are probably created that way. There are mod sliders where you can do stuff like that and the Sim usually stays like that even if you don't have the sliders. Are other Sims ok ? If so, just don't use the strange ones.

Oh ok. I didn't know that since I don't use mods. Thank you. Im guesing it's what you suggest since sims I have created and a few others do look normal.

Does that mean if I were to download this mod (if I can find it) I would be able to fix the pre-made sims or would they always stay the shape they are?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 02:28 PM

crinrict

You mean those Sims made by those two users ? Did you try playing around with the sliders that are in the game already ? If that does not work, try these sliders: http://www.modthesims.info/d/378416

BlueDott

crinrict wrote:You mean those Sims made by those two users ? Did you try playing around with the sliders that are in the game already ? If that does not work, try these sliders: http://www.modthesims.info/d/378416

Yeah i tried the ingame sliders. They wouldn't fix it. I would ignoore them like you said, but I have already created a starter family with one of the sims and I don't want the trait to be 'passed on' to their children. Thanks for the help. I'll try and see if the mod works now.
Amykara

crinrict wrote:
@Amykara: The Sim has eyebrows attached to it but other than that, there's no bad cc. It's all categorized for toddlers properly. Not entirely sure what you want me to do.

Ok. The reason I thought it was bad was because I zoomed in to the toddler and it turned into one of those CC monsters but then I zoomed out and it stopped? Strange...

"Negativity isn't the way to go, smile more, eat some chocolate" - Ed Sheeran
oiswise

Thank you so much for trying to help on the photo thing...

I have a CC issue on the same lot http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5688991#

When its Custarded (is that a TS3 word?)the white line above the peach thumbnails mentions rabbit hole when you hold cursor over it.

When I was playing the lot I had a Jynx "rabbit hole" rug there for my own use. BEFORE posting I deleted the rug.

If I save the file without the top white line I mentioned there is no pic in launcher only a box or crate thing. When you go in game the lot HAS not been added to the lot bin.

Did my towel tip help with giving you kitty his meds?

Thanks so much, O

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: