Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showcasing Your Lots Workshop III  XML
Forum Index » Creative Corner
Author Message
fidlerten


Joined: 05/29/09 09:08 PM
Messages: 11227
Location:Oklahoma
Offline

savethecats wrote:Fidlerten, Caj Rada is an absolute masterpiece!!! Just downloaded and rec'd ... I can't wait to get in there and explore every inch of it! And I do hope you continue to build and share your incredible talents with us!!!


savethecats,

Thank You!

That's a very high compliment; masterpiece, I don't get that too often.

I'm glad you liked it enough to download and I'm hope you enjoy it.

fidlerten

Profile
fidlerten


Joined: 05/29/09 09:08 PM
Messages: 11227
Location:Oklahoma
Offline

BryonyRae wrote:Hey, everyone! I'm nearing completion on my latest build and so am hoping to get some feedback. It was inspired by this image:



The background on this is that I'm hosting a single-story build competition and decided I should do my own build after seeing so many amazing lots coming in. I loved the zen quality of this house, the modern aspects, and the green roof. The original houseplan called for 2 bedrooms:

If you have a moment, please take a look at my slideshow and let me know what you think. Thanks, all!


Bry,

I must say, I think you put a lot of heart into this. A very inviting house and you carried the Zen touch all the way through.

I think about the only thing I saw that I might do differently is to give those white walls in the living room a canvas or even a soft matting texture and a little more off white. That would I think, be closer to the real thing too.

You did really well with the decor and the little added touches of detail.

Very nice work.

fidlerten

Profile
fidlerten


Joined: 05/29/09 09:08 PM
Messages: 11227
Location:Oklahoma
Offline

mschumann wrote:Another room: The Kid's Room




Michael,

I'm glad you didn't try to carry the bucket hanging idea in your own work; personally the bucket just doesn't work for me at all.

I was thinking that there might be a wicker that can be CAS'd that might look more like the real thing but I'm not sure if there is one or not with two separate colors; maybe.

I also noticed that the original did have a curtain on that window too, though a very soft white; you might consider that.

You did a really good job getting the colors right. Looks great.

fidlerten

Profile
MeaganJo


Joined: 07/13/11 11:09 PM
Messages: 3095
Offline

Bry and mshumann both of your builds are just beautiful!!!
Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6421
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

Hi guys, sorry for disappearing, My game probably won't work for a while, but I'm playing the Sims 1 in the little time that I have these days. It's a really great game.

Profile
MeaganJo


Joined: 07/13/11 11:09 PM
Messages: 3095
Offline

niac1234 wrote:Hi guys, sorry for disappearing, My game probably won't work for a while, but I'm playing the Sims 1 in the little time that I have these days. It's a really great game.


Oh no , hope it gets fixed soon for ya!!!
Profile
fidlerten


Joined: 05/29/09 09:08 PM
Messages: 11227
Location:Oklahoma
Offline

niac1234 wrote:Hi guys, sorry for disappearing, My game probably won't work for a while, but I'm playing the Sims 1 in the little time that I have these days. It's a really great game.


Hey niac,

I remember Sims 1. I do like Sims 2 better though which I have installed on my pc.

Nice to hear from you. As you can see, not much happening here.

fidlerten

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/12 02:15 AM


Profile
MeaganJo


Joined: 07/13/11 11:09 PM
Messages: 3095
Offline

Hey Fidlerten I just wanted to thank you for all of your insight on my Spanish Villa! I just received my very first feature and think that it wouldn't have been possible if I didn't post it here asking for opinions!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/12 02:25 AM

Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6421
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

MeaganJo wrote:
niac1234 wrote:Hi guys, sorry for disappearing, My game probably won't work for a while, but I'm playing the Sims 1 in the little time that I have these days. It's a really great game.


Oh no , hope it gets fixed soon for ya!!!


Thanks MeaganJo; It seems unlikely for me to play TS3 in the next 2 years, unless I dish out a grand for a new Computer, And even then I'm taking a chance. Playing the Sims 3 has become more of a chore than an enjoyment. I would rather wait to buy a new computer when the Sims 4 system speculations are released, than buy one now and not know if it'll work later.

Profile
gedz


Joined: 07/12/09 11:23 AM
Messages: 162
Location:London

Hey guys, the quality of lots here is amazing. I used to post in fidlertens old thread way back when (don't know if he will remember since it's been so long lol), it's awesome this thread is still going strong. According to the dates in my studio I haven't built anything for nearly 3 years!! (mostly due to uni). So I decided to try a little something and post it on the exchange. Here are some screens:




And the link to the exchange

Hope it's ok

gedz
Profile
fidlerten


Joined: 05/29/09 09:08 PM
Messages: 11227
Location:Oklahoma
Offline

MeaganJo wrote:Hey Fidlerten I just wanted to thank you for all of your insight on my Spanish Villa! I just received my very first feature and think that it wouldn't have been possible if I didn't post it here asking for opinions!


MeaganJo,

Congrats and you're welcome.

fidlerten

Profile
fidlerten


Joined: 05/29/09 09:08 PM
Messages: 11227
Location:Oklahoma
Offline

gedz wrote:Hey guys, the quality of lots here is amazing. I used to post in fidlertens old thread way back when (don't know if he will remember since it's been so long lol), it's awesome this thread is still going strong. According to the dates in my studio I haven't built anything for nearly 3 years!! (mostly due to uni). So I decided to try a little something and post it on the exchange. Here are some screens:




And the link to the exchange

Hope it's ok

gedz


gedz,

Your name certainly sounds familiar. I don't quite remember you but welcome back.

I would suggest trying something different with the multicolored brick. I think a different texture would be great. Now I'm not sure how it might look but you might try a wood texture. It would depend on the wood you used and the way you lined up the grain if it works or not. I do think it would give it some uniqueness.

Other than that, I don't quite get the little room on top. The rest of the structure looks nicely done though.

Nice job gedz.

fidlerten

Profile
gedz


Joined: 07/12/09 11:23 AM
Messages: 162
Location:London

fidlerten wrote:
gedz,

Your name certainly sounds familiar. I don't quite remember you but welcome back.

I would suggest trying something different with the multicolored brick. I think a different texture would be great. Now I'm not sure how it might look but you might try a wood texture. It would depend on the wood you used and the way you lined up the grain if it works or not. I do think it would give it some uniqueness.

Other than that, I don't quite get the little room on top. The rest of the structure looks nicely done though.

Nice job gedz.

fidlerten


To sound familiar is the most I could have asked for Thanks for the welcome back and the suggestions as usual. I'll experiment with different textures.

About the top section, I think it was because I couldn't get a bamboo tree to fit (without using the baby one). So I just added that and stuck with it.

Keep up the great work with this thread. It's really showcased some stunning creations

gedz
Profile
MeaganJo


Joined: 07/13/11 11:09 PM
Messages: 3095
Offline

niac1234 wrote:
MeaganJo wrote:
niac1234 wrote:Hi guys, sorry for disappearing, My game probably won't work for a while, but I'm playing the Sims 1 in the little time that I have these days. It's a really great game.


Oh no , hope it gets fixed soon for ya!!!


Thanks MeaganJo; It seems unlikely for me to play TS3 in the next 2 years, unless I dish out a grand for a new Computer, And even then I'm taking a chance. Playing the Sims 3 has become more of a chore than an enjoyment. I would rather wait to buy a new computer when the Sims 4 system speculations are released, than buy one now and not know if it'll work later.


I will greatly miss seeing your Sims3 creations but will look forward to your Sims4! I completely understand where you are coming from.
Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6421
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

gedz wrote:Hey guys, the quality of lots here is amazing. I used to post in fidlertens old thread way back when (don't know if he will remember since it's been so long lol), it's awesome this thread is still going strong. According to the dates in my studio I haven't built anything for nearly 3 years!! (mostly due to uni). So I decided to try a little something and post it on the exchange. Here are some screens:




And the link to the exchange

Hope it's ok

gedz


Hello Stranger!

Your structure is amazing! I'm also not a fan of your wall covering. I'd suggest changing the white brick to a cream stucco, and then changing the blue stone into an earthly green stucco, and then change the colors of the exteriors accordingly.

With your landscaping, I like what you have to the right with a few rosebushes and shrubery, how about carrying that out to the rest of the lot?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/12 09:57 PM


Profile
 
Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: