Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Abu Simbel tomb (Egypt).. Help please!  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
weeniepgbc

I am most of the way through the tomb 2 floors down.. I need 2 keys, "Keystone of the Red priest" & "Keystone of the blue priest", not sure if these are crucial to completing the tomb. I got past the mirrored twin rooms, the 4,3,2,1 doors and the large room after that with the altars to leave a gift.. Any ideas? It said that it's a one time only tomb so my sim can't leave then go back.

I used the 'understanding dust' 4 times and mostly got hidden floor traps that can't be deactivated in the large altar room.
Mirai

That's the one thing that has stumped me in all the tombs. I have no idea where those red and blue priest keys are.

They are not needed to complete the tomb though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/09 11:07 PM

bored_1

how did you get past the red and blue rooms? everytime I pulled a lever, the hole in the opposite room disappeared before I could get there.
MissReena73

You need to use the Eyes of Horus. Go into the red priest room and place one of the eyes. Then go into the blue priests room. There is a switch in that room that activates something in the red priest room. As soon as you activate it, use the Eye of Horus in your inventory to teleport to the other eye.

I belive this lets you examine an inspect hole in the wall, which will give you the key to open the chest in the opposite room (red key is in blue room, blue key is in red room)

I also used the eyes when you get past these rooms into a sort of corridor. There are switches and torches you need to pull, but one of those actions starts the fire trap in front of the opposite wall. Again, use the eye to teleport to the switch.

Never explain yourself to anyone. Those who like you don't need it, and those who don't will not listen anyway.
Mirai

bored_1 wrote:how did you get past the red and blue rooms? everytime I pulled a lever, the hole in the opposite room disappeared before I could get there.

I'm not sure which rooms you're referring to. I got pretty confuzzled at times, and resorted to zeneporting and the Eyes of Horus when I got into trouble. (By the way, note that if you have one Eye, you can teleport to the other, even if you haven't found the other one yet.)

weeniepgbc

Thanks
I ended up teleporting out thinking I could just 'teleport' back in...
If there's a way to re-set the tombs (or even play with a total different family) then I will try again.
mrskelso09

I didn't have any trouble going back into that tomb. I think it just means that once you go out that back way (stepping on the footprint thing) then the door will close. You can still go back in the original entrance.
LLee19720

MissReena73 wrote:You need to use the Eyes of Horus. Go into the red priest room and place one of the eyes. Then go into the blue priests room. There is a switch in that room that activates something in the red priest room. As soon as you activate it, use the Eye of Horus in your inventory to teleport to the other eye.

I belive this lets you examine an inspect hole in the wall, which will give you the key to open the chest in the opposite room (red key is in blue room, blue key is in red room)

I also used the eyes when you get past these rooms into a sort of corridor. There are switches and torches you need to pull, but one of those actions starts the fire trap in front of the opposite wall. Again, use the eye to teleport to the switch.

I can't figure out how to get the red & blue priest keys. I've looked all over the red & blue rooms for switches & can't find any. Are they in the mummy sarcophagus? Once you look inside those, you can't look again. It's driving me nuts.
shona

Help which tiny rock do you need to open abu simbel tomb i have all sorts of rocks but i cant donate them HELP
MissReena73

LLee19720 - there are switches there, but I have not been in that tomb for a while, so I can't remember where they are. I will try to send a sim in there tonight and look.

shona - You need a tiny space rock. I happened to have one I found in Sunset Valley, but there are some around Egypt as well. Leave the base camp and head towards the Abu Simbel tomb. Very close to the base camp, you should find on on the side of the road.

Never explain yourself to anyone. Those who like you don't need it, and those who don't will not listen anyway.
burnoutPERTH

shona the rock you need to donate is a Tiny Space Rock. You can easily find one nearby.

When I went through Abu Simbel and got to the red and blue rooms I had never even encountered the Eyes of Horus. What I did is I got my main sim to go into the blue room and then I got his wife to zeneport into the red room. It's so much easier than using the Eyes of Horus because he always brings his wife and 4 teenage children on holiday with him. I've found out that sending 2 sims into a tomb is the most efficient way of exploring it.
Washer

I've made it past the red and blue bedrooms and now I'm in the room with two holes on either side, the tiles under them are red or blue. When I inspected them they said I found a switch and activated it but I didn't see anything happen. And I don't have the eyes of horus or two sims. What do I do?
Cathefrine

Is the room with the two altars and the fire traps the end of the tomb?

The tiny space rock is the name of the rock that you need to collect. I went back to the hometown and used the collector finder to search for the rocks near the fishing areas.

When you use the torch in the blue room, the hole will appear in the red room. You need to use the eye of horus to get to the different rooms. When you enter the hall, the hole will disappear. Vice versa: the torch in the red room will create a hole with the key in the blue room.

Those torches past the rooms with the switches should be pulled to activate floor switches. The wall switch will deactivate the fire and the switch, so you need to use the eye of horus to get to the other side of the hall. The eye of horus is on the wall of the twin rooms with mirrors.
xdysmorphophobiax

I got the eyes of horus, and I'm trying to get past the first room on the left side of the temple. I tried to use them when pulling the statue onto the switch, trapping me in between the other statues, but I don't seem to be able to place the eyes anywhere on the inside of the temple. I've been trying for a while, and it's frustrating! Help?
axoaxonic

xdysmorphophobiax wrote:I got the eyes of horus, and I'm trying to get past the first room on the left side of the temple. I tried to use them when pulling the statue onto the switch, trapping me in between the other statues, but I don't seem to be able to place the eyes anywhere on the inside of the temple. I've been trying for a while, and it's frustrating! Help?

You're stuck in the first room and you can't place the Eyes of Horus? Are you sure you actually have the Eyes of Horus, or are you trying to use Tears of Horus? There's enough space within the statues to Zeneport out.

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: