Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showcasing Your Lots Workshop III  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
fidlerten

yanti68 wrote:Hi everyone,

I shared a modern home yesterday and would appreciate some feedback from you guys. Here is the link to my build thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/546776.page

Hey yanti,

It's the most modern work I've seen you do. I think you did an excellent job with the interior. Nice use of colors and platforms.

A rec from me. I see it's also doing quite well on the Exchange. Nice work yanti.

fidlerten

bearzrcool

Here is one last update to my house before the final product is showcased. Right now, I'm working on landscaping, and the interior is pretty much finished. Let me know what you think. [b]Also, if anyone can help me think of a name for this house, that would be great! It is intended to be a family home, if that helps. [b]

By builditfilmitm1 at 2012-06-10

Here is the pond I'm working on. Eventually, I plan to add a fountain element or two, and the stones will extend out to form a small retaining wall.

This is the first floor

another angle of the first floor

here is the second floor

another angle of the second floor.

BryonyRae

I shared a modern home yesterday and would appreciate some feedback from you guys. Here is the link to my build thread:

Just some *very* quick feedback as I just saw this before bed. The only thing that really stuck out to me was the rather busy orange/brown exterior wall covering. I'd try some other types of coverings, maybe wood or another solid color. The rest all flowed well for a modern, I thought.

fidlerten

bearzrcool wrote:Here is one last update to my house before the final product is showcased. Right now, I'm working on landscaping, and the interior is pretty much finished. Let me know what you think. [b]Also, if anyone can help me think of a name for this house, that would be great! It is intended to be a family home, if that helps. [b]

bearzrcool,

Though I like the basic style of the house and I like the color, the stone section just looks so much like something added to the house instead of just part of the house. Using stone like that you really need to balance it over the whole house. I'm not sure how well you could do that. Maybe you might consider just having the house in the greenish-blue siding. I actually think the more simple approach of one wall covering might work better with this house. Though the porch siding stone seems to work alright.

The pond I would probably get a better idea about once you're done with the landscaping on it. I do suggest using your terrain softener tool to soften the ground right around the pond. With a pond out front like this, you really want it to look very naturally set into the landscaping so that it works with the curb appeal of the house.

I'm going to reserve any interior design comments until I get a closer look but I do think the one area rug you have just inside the front door really doesn't match well with the blue walls. Maybe you intend on CASing it to match better with the room but I thought I'd mention it.

What I can see of the interior looks well done. Nice work.

fidlerten

BryonyRae

Good morning, all! I'm nearing completion on my latest property and would like to get your feedback on it. Rather than inundate the thread with images, here's a link to my slideshow.

I've gone for a fun, retro style in the interior, and I will freely admit that it's not my usual aesthetic. My special areas of concern are 1)the ceilings in the living area - I've struggled to come up with something that will fit the style and provide interest without taking over/pulling too much focus, and 2) the landing - I'm trying to highlight my custom fish tank there, but I'm worried that I'm pulling too much focus away from it.

Oh, and the house was inspired by this image:

Thanks!

fidlerten

BryonyRae wrote:Good morning, all! I'm nearing completion on my latest property and would like to get your feedback on it. Rather than inundate the thread with images, here's a link to my slideshow.

I've gone for a fun, retro style in the interior, and I will freely admit that it's not my usual aesthetic. My special areas of concern are 1)the ceilings in the living area - I've struggled to come up with something that will fit the style and provide interest without taking over/pulling too much focus, and 2) the landing - I'm trying to highlight my custom fish tank there, but I'm worried that I'm pulling too much focus away from it.

Oh, and the house was inspired by this image:

Thanks!

Bry,

I think you did a really good job with the replication. Saying that, the exterior and architecture is done well.

Interior; lots of color. I think the house would eventually give me a headache with all the color everywhere.

The design is very imaginative. The color palette is unusual and loud.

Nice work.

fidlerten

ZehLebowitz

*peaks in.*

Oh look. Pretty houses.
MeaganJo

Unfortunately I couldn't get any critiquing done for this build due to it being a contest entry and needing it to be all me. But figured I would go ahead and share it with you.

Sands of Time (CC Free)

Contest entry
Stilt house that combines elements from the coastal and waterfront styles.
Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5905007

Photos:
http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u366/Meagan_Jo/Sands%20of%2
0Time/?albumview=slideshow

yanti68

fidlerten wrote:

Hey yanti,

It's the most modern work I've seen you do. I think you did an excellent job with the interior. Nice use of colors and platforms.

A rec from me. I see it's also doing quite well on the Exchange. Nice work yanti.

fidlerten

Thanks Fid, I am thrilled that you liked my build enough to recommend. I appreciate your support. I am glad too that it is doing good on the exchange. Nice to know that my hard work paid off. Had to build an ultra modern because it is for Stu-art and if you look at all his work he adores ultra modern builds. Must say I always find it challenging and exciting to try different style of architectures. Makes the building process more interesting.

yanti68

BryonyRae wrote:

Just some *very* quick feedback as I just saw this before bed. The only thing that really stuck out to me was the rather busy orange/brown exterior wall covering. I'd try some other types of coverings, maybe wood or another solid color. The rest all flowed well for a modern, I thought.

Thanks for your comments.

fidlerten

ZehLebowitz wrote:*peaks in.*

Oh look. Pretty houses.

Zeh,

A long time no hear from. How are you?

Building anything lately?

fidlerten

fidlerten

MeaganJo wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't get any critiquing done for this build due to it being a contest entry and needing it to be all me. But figured I would go ahead and share it with you.

Sands of Time (CC Free)

Contest entry
Stilt house that combines elements from the coastal and waterfront styles.
Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5905007

Photos:
http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u366/Meagan_Jo/Sands%20of%2
0Time/?albumview=slideshow

MeaganJo,

For the exterior, I think a defined walkway leading up to the front porch would have helped the curb appeal more. I think you have too much dirt up front and not enough greenery.

Interior; I'm not a big fan of your color palette but that then, that's about taste more than a critique. I do like the beach touch.

Now for your front porch, I don't think the rugs turned at an angle works. Sometimes a rug should fit with the furniture that's place with it.

Overall, I love beach houses as I've built a couple of them myself. Simple and comfortable is what you want to go for and I think you've accomplished that.

A rec from me.

fidlerten

kquinn1990

Does anybody know what color siding goes good with yellow shutters? I have a tan now, and I really don't like it. I don't want a grey color either; something cheery maybe? The home is traditional.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/13/12 01:30 AM

fidlerten

kquinn1990 wrote:Does anybody know what color siding goes good with yellow shutters? I have a tan now, and I really don't like it. I don't want a grey color either; something cheery maybe? The home is traditional.

kquinn,

Gray goes well with yellow as does brown. Green too. There's just a whole array of colors that go well with yellow.

fidlerten

MeaganJo

fidlerten [img wrote:http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/sh
ard000//shard000/999/294/012/00/screenshot_original.jpg[/img]

MeaganJo,

For the exterior, I think a defined walkway leading up to the front porch would have helped the curb appeal more. I think you have too much dirt up front and not enough greenery.

Interior; I'm not a big fan of your color palette but that then, that's about taste more than a critique. I do like the beach touch.

Now for your front porch, I don't think the rugs turned at an angle works. Sometimes a rug should fit with the furniture that's place with it.

Overall, I love beach houses as I've built a couple of them myself. Simple and comfortable is what you want to go for and I think you've accomplished that.

A rec from me.

fidlerten

It was a fun build for a beach house contest. Thank you Fidlerten

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: