Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
No game disc found!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
ashleyfm03

I've been playing Sims 3 & World Adventures since they came out and everything has been fine up until now. I haven't done anything different but now for some reason my laptop, a Dell PC, doesn't read my World Adventures cd. Does anyone know why this is happening?

The launcher opens, I push the PLAY button, and this is what happens:
Disc Authentification Failure
No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 World Adventures game disc before proceeding.

Clicking Retry over and over does nothing.
And yes, the cd is IN.
worsiedog

Hi,

I have had this exact same issue which sometimes makes my game unplayable for ages

The only solution I found was to restart my computer, this mosly fixes the issue. Also load the disk and wait for the game launcher to open, sometimes it can take 5 minutes or more.

If you force the game launcher by clicking the sims3 icon on your desktop or wherever it is, I find that I have this "disk not found" issue.

It is NOT my dvd drive. It is the game.

Anyway, I hope these tips help. I was hoping it would stop when I eventually by WA, but it doesn't seem like that will happen

BlueRivers

I have it too... It so annoying.
I sorta resolved it by taking the disk in and out. It did work.. for a while.
Somtimes took me 6 minutes. But now it says

'Disc Authentification Failure
No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 World Adventures game disc before proceeding. '

and when i click off-

'The process could not be started'
branigan89

I have this same problem... I just started to play sims3... I was playing the sims2 befor, and now I have this problem with it saying "game disc not found,please insurt sims3 game disc... Its making me mad and I dont understand it! If anybody knows how to fix this, please message me back! thank you!
chittychad21

OK KIDS WE GET IT! YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! HOW ABOUT A SOLUTION INSTEAD OF " omg i have the same problem, my world is going to end"
bob007

ashleyfm03 - did you install ANY software that may use disc drive redirecting - daemon tools, Roxio, etc.? This problem seems to affect certain optical drive manufacturers as other makes never seem to have this problem. There is a way to make the disc so it can't be copied. Unfortunately some optical drives seem to have trouble with this technique. Another problem is if I burn a disc at X16 speed and you go home and try to read this disc in your X12 optical drive it probably won't read. This problem should not happen with pressed discs and the problem may be traced to the way the discs are mass produced. All I know for sure is replacement of the drive usually fixes the problem.

Things to check:

Can you explore the disc with windows explorer?
Does the disc work in another computer?
Is the disc dirty or scratched?

chittychad21

Have guys tried using the last installed cd? for example the last one I installed was generations and it works but any other cd says no disk found
SarahNasir

hi,i have the exact problem as u guys,i bought the sims 3,the sims 3 pets and also the sims 3 generations,so i install the sims 3 first,then the sims 3 generations and the sims 3 pets (expansion pack), I wanted to play the sims 3 generations and it says,no disc found,please insert the sims 3 pets game disc before proceeding. What is actually the problem,WHY?!
Yahtzami

SarahNasir wrote:hi,i have the exact problem as u guys,i bought the sims 3,the sims 3 pets and also the sims 3 generations,so i install the sims 3 first,then the sims 3 generations and the sims 3 pets (expansion pack), I wanted to play the sims 3 generations and it says,no disc found,please insert the sims 3 pets game disc before proceeding. What is actually the problem,WHY?!

Put in the Sims 3 PETS disc. The Expansion Packs are just that...EXPANSIONS. They build on each other. You will always use the most recently released EP or SP disc to play your game. You will still have all the features of any earlier games. So...once you install pets, you will not only have pets, but also all the content and game play that came with Generations. You don't have to choose which EP to play. You can play them all at the same time.

SarahNasir

hey Yahtzami,thanks yup u are right,before i check on any reply in this site,i did insert the sims 3 pets and when im creating households,i saw the sims 3 generations costumes in it! and i was so happy,so i could play the sims 3 generations+the sims 3 pets+the sims 3 in only one cd,now im really satisfied,thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/16/11 02:58 AM

playeralyalywekl

I am having this same problem. But I have the proper game disc in there. My last installed expansion is Pets, and that's the CD I'm using. And there's no way it could be damaged. It's always either in the computer or in its case.

Nichaedemus

Hi,

You can try out the following troubleshooting steps to fix the disc detection issue:

1 - Look at your disc and verify you do not have a faulty or scratched up disc.
2 - Make sure your DVD drive does not have any discs in it.
3 - Quit all programs.
4 - Click on the Start Menu.
5 - Click on Control Panel.
6 - Double-click on the System icon.
7 - Make sure your Control Panel is set to Classic View. If not, click on the Switch to Classic View option.
8 - Click on the Hardware tab.
9 - Click on Open Device Manager.
10 - Click on the '+' sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand its options.
11 - You should see all your DVD/CD ROMS.
12 - Right-click on the DVD ROM you are using to play the game.
13 - Select Uninstall from the list of options.
14 - Reboot your computer immediately.

Give your computer a few minutes to re-detect your DVD drive (this should happen automatically). Insert the game disc and try to play your game again.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
EmBemSloth

Put in the Sims 3 PETS disc. The Expansion Packs are just that...EXPANSIONS. They build on each other. You will always use the most recently released EP or SP disc to play your game. You will still have all the features of any earlier games. So...once you install pets, you will not only have pets, but also all the content and game play that came with Generations. You don't have to choose which EP to play. You can play them all at the same time.

I DID THIS AND IT STILL DIDN'T WORK. IT COMES UP WITH NO GAME DISK FOUND WHEN I AM AFTER THE FIRST LOADING STAGE. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE INSTALLED MY GAMES IN THIS ORDER: BASE, OUTDOOR LIVING, TOWN LIFE AND THEN PETS. HAVE I DONE THIS RIGHT????????? PLEASE MESSAGE ME BACK,
EmBemSloth
CaseyZeigler

Thanks Nichaedemus That worked for me!!!
sarahbelle5150

I'm scared...if I uninstall it, it will detect it again FOR SURE right? I can't afford a a bigger problem...

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: