Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack" HUH????  XML
Locked Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
BustaBoo

I installed the latest game breaker from EA this morning and now when I open the launcher I get this error message:

"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher"

Except the game is already up to date (unfortunately) and I now can't select any other menus or even the play button. The only responsive page on there is the game updates page.

Anyone found a fix for this yet? there is no way I'm going to rely on EA for help now.
Nimthrial

Tried quite a few things but I cant seem to get anything to work. Please help as well
IamMamainred

I think all of you in this situation, may have to sit this out until there is a work around or another patch for the patched patch. Or you can uninstall, reinstall & skip the patching until they seem to get more things working then broken.
simjett

It will test your nerves at the very least. If you don't know how to clean out the temp files and whatnot, restart the PC. If everything is done right, eventually that 2nd update will get done. Also familiarize yourself with bypassing the Launcher and running from the TS3EP01.application file. You may end up having to do that as well. The Launcher seems to be borking everything, one way or another.

Patch The Patch!

ps

Hello IamMamainred

Long time no talk. I don't come in here very often, as it leads to headaches. No headaches in the General section

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/17/09 06:24 AM

BustaBoo

simjett wrote:It will test your nerves at the very least. If you don't know how to clean out the temp files and whatnot, restart the PC. If everything is done right, eventually that 2nd update will get done. Also familiarize yourself with bypassing the Launcher and running from the TS3EP01.application file. You may end up having to do that as well. The Launcher seems to be borking everything, one way or another.

Thanks simjett will try that
tams2578

simjett wrote:It will test your nerves at the very least. If you don't know how to clean out the temp files and whatnot, restart the PC. If everything is done right, eventually that 2nd update will get done. Also familiarize yourself with bypassing the Launcher and running from the TS3EP01.application file. You may end up having to do that as well. The Launcher seems to be borking everything, one way or another.

How exactly do I bypass the Launcher and run it from the TS3EP.01.application file? My Launcher keeps saying it can't connect to the EADM (even though it's on)and I have to use Windows Task Manager to exit out of the Launcher in order to even get the game to load. I haven't tried playing yet, though.

XTS2009

I had that error..I had 2 updates... not just one. Once task manager showed the sims 3 was no longer running I ran the 2nd one.. After running the second one I had waited again on task manager to show it was done (took a bit).. then I launched the game.. It ran fine... just a few probs inside the game.. little but annoying (and the store isn't launching right but that's for another thread).

Good luck you guys. I never had to reboot btw.. I just had to wait on it for both updates and try to be patient (I was nervous though I backed up my game). I always run my game as admin so maybe that makes a diff?

(NOTE: I can't recall if the error was when I was impatient and wasn't checking task manager but it may have been.. I also got the "close current sims 3 before launching a new task" or similar) lol, I was pretty impatient... I find it humorous now but at the time I wanted to know if it'd work.. I'd read to not get it.

Xts2009

thelastradio

I also get this message now...

I have World Adventures installed and it patched to 2.3 fine for that. Then it installed a second update after that which I assume was for the base game... But now it's STILL giving the "Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack" message... It tells me to update the game again, which I did... then it tells me INVALID FILE FOUND. And it aborts the update.

I'm sorry but this is very annoying, especially because the update has to download all over again after it aborts it! Total waste of bandwidth. I'm really not sure what to do now. I'm trying to update it again with EADM but I know it's probably just going to give me the same problem...
ssamboen

Yupp same problem here. This is annoying as hell. Last patch brought along heaps of problems and this patch won't even let me play the game at all. And i thought patch was suppose to fix things, not break them. I have already sent an email to EA technical. Just waiting for them to get back to me with a solution.
DevilsDarkFairy

all you need to do is unclick auto update and the new update will show up with a tick box, just tick the box and install

I had the same problem
ssamboen

Just tried unticking the automatic updates box. Didn't help. Still can't start the game.
DevilsDarkFairy

sorry it didn't work for you, mine was just a case of that the update had been closed before it even installed
andysiemens

hey i got that today but when i closed and then reopend the launcher it patched both games.

Bit odd that it has to patch the sims 3 base game though ?
kcembor

this is super annoying iv tried everything possible ahhhhhh!!!!
simjett

To bypass the launcher you can right-click the existing desktop shortcut, select properties, then in the "shortcut tab" select either "open file location" or "Find Target".

That will put you inside the proper folder. Find "TS3EP01", click once to select it, then right-click\send to\desktop(create shortcut.

The post above by XTS2009 is basically what I did, except with a lot less patience.

Once updated, everything seemed fine(game starts / runs fine) The Launcher slowly begins to crap out after that.

Locked Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: