Two of my Sims have full photography skill, but for some reason they can not photograph a Dropa Stone set! I have all six (and I have confirmed that they are the right six on various websites) and have them all on a display case, but when the Sim tries to photograph it, the caption always just says "Relic" instead of recognizing it as a collection. It's the last photo I need for the Collectibles photo set and it's driving me crazy! Anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it?
I am having a problem that might be related to yours. Every time I get a complete set of things to photograph and I set them up on the floor or on a display stand, one of the items just vanishes. This has happened to my Dangerous Creatures set, my Gold Figurines set, and my Canopic Jars set. All of these sets were once complete -- now each is missing one item. So I can never get a photo of a whole set. I do not know what to do about this. Is it possible that one of your Dropas has also vanished? Perhaps that is why it sees only Relic and not Dropa Set?
I've been looking for an answer for a long time. Someone put out a way to edit the game and I tried to follow the instructions. Sadly, when I search for the instance as instructed, it's not there. 0x0333406C 0x00000000 0x8B614033DD63DBF2 can not be found in my game data so I still have no way to fix it but you might have better luck.
there are many forum topics about this problem. The reason for it is, yes, there is a bug. But also there is a way to correct it. I was driving crazy because the game didnt recognize neither dropa stone set (always saying 'a relic') nor the town theather..
Here comes the solution: (You may need to print this before you start.)
We will edit the GameplayData.package file via S3PE. There are 2 little syntax errors. When these misspelled parameters are written in a correct way, you will be able to take photos.
1) search for the GameplayData.package file in your game folder. If you have installed to the default folder it should be in c:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\GamePlay folder.
2) backup the original GameplayData.package file somewhere in your computer.
3) Open the file with S3PE 4) If your OS do not let you to open it in the game folder then you should copy the package file somewhere else in order to work on it.
5) In the Tools menu, select "Search". A search screen will open.
6) search for "hidden" (it seems crazy but the less result returns with this word. You may also try alternates like "photo" or "skill" but you will end up with a long list of results)
7) The search should return 4 items. We will update only the 4th one (0x0333406C 0x00000000 0x8B614033DD63DBF2) Click on the 4th one and then click the "Go To" button. You may close the search window
Click the Edit button on the main screen. A text file will open. This file contains the photo album definitions.
9) search for "theatre" and find the line:<Arg0>Rabbithole.Theatre</Arg0> Erase the "RabbitHole." part. Correct line should look like :<Arg0>Theatre</Arg0>
10) search for "DropaStones1". There is an extra letter in one of the 4 dropa stone definitions, erase it. You should end up with:
11) You are almost finished. Save the file, and copy it back to the game folder. And start Sims3WA.
I need more help on this. I followed all the instructions, downloaded S3PE and followed it all the way up to the point where I found the Dropa Stones file and I see the mistake, but I can't erase the extra letter. It won't let me make any changes. How do I do it??