Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't grocery shop / can't fish  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
smoothyrus129

Story time!

So, I was playing a sim and had gotten her up to her lifetime wish (lvl 9 in science), she had a rocking garden, and then she got the ability to plant cheese & eggs. Her inventory / fridge was lacking both, so I tried to send her to the store to buy some, but the game wouldn't let me select the grocery store. I tried closing down the game and opening it back up, but it still wouldn't let me interact with the grocery store.

It was right after this that I installed the latest patch (which didn't cause any problems for me aside from losing custom content that had been DLed from elsewhere), so I decided to uninstall & reinstall the game entirely (to see if that would fix the grocery store thing and also if it would fix the custom content thing -- it didn't do the latter). I went ahead and let it install the latest patch again before I did anything -- load my custom content (stuff I'd bought from the store myself & stuff that I'd downloaded elsewhere), play it, etc. Once the patch was installed, it would install the custom content I'd bought from the store or downloaded from the exchange, but nothing else.

It seemed to have fixed the grocery store problem, or so I'd thought. I created a new character (with the same lifetime wish, actually). She just today got her lifetime wish (and had a rocking garden), and everything had been going smoothly (and she could still grocery-shop), but now it's not letting her fish. I'm trying to get her up to the Amateur Ichthyolygist goal under the fishing skill, but I can't do that if it won't let me fish. As with the previous grocery store problem, I tried shutting the game down and bringing it back up, but it still doesn't work (it won't let me interact with the water at all, not even to inspect the water; just as had happened with the grocery store previously).

Has anyone else had the same / similar problem, either before or after the latest patch? Does anyone know how to get around it? My next step (and I'm loathe to do it because I love this Sim; I've backed her up just in case) is to uninstall the game again & reinstall it and just not let it patch at all, and see if that does anything, but I'm really hoping somebody has a better suggestion?

(If it makes a difference, I don't have World Adventures yet.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/22/09 06:10 AM

HeavensKyss

I've been experiencing almost exactly this problem off and on. I have two sims that were made by other players that I downloaded for my game. The first was from Pinstar's Sim of the Month challenge, Peggy-Sue Evil. She had become a partner in the grocery but then could no longer visit it. I had to use the deed in her inventory to collect funds but still couldn't visit. I was getting frustrated with that challenge and wanted to try to learn a little more about gardening...I downloaded a sim that someone who had done the challenge had made and tinkered with her a bit then threw her in my game. Both sims had custom content from other players that I downloaded from the exchange. Well the second sim needed something from the grocery and I couldn't get there. I tried everything but never got the option. With Peggy-Sue the first time it happened I noticed that it eventually went away, with Meadow I couldn't get it to. I got annoyed and switched back over to Peggy-Sue's house played for a while and then went back to Meadow and played again. Long story short...Try switching and playing a different saved version of your game for a while, then go back to the sim in question. I just saved for the night and Meadow has now lost the option of the grocery and the ability to fish. I'm really hoping switching to Peggy-Sue for a while will fix the problem, but I haven't seen anyone else offer any other suggestions.

Hopefully that mess of babbling I just did provided something helpful...Happy Simming!
Ceeej

I have the same problem as of today. I have been playing with my sim and fishing, nearly 300 fish already caught, then suddenly, she cannot go to the store or fish. The wheel shows up as if it there is an option but when I click, there is no response or options. I haven't downloaded the latest patch, it will be next. I have only downloaded about five things, all from this website only - so don't think it's something corrupt like that. My other sims in the household can still fish. Any ideas?

BTW- this happened in the middle of existing game, was able to fish then couldn't anymore. Also, my girl has a great garden, wonder if there is a connection between gardening and fishing here?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/22/09 10:55 PM

Pary

I read elsewhere that some people who had this issue fixed it by removing any seeds from their Sims inventory, and putting them into the fridge. After the seeds were out of their inventory, they could fish / visit the grocery store normally again.
Perhaps give that a try, if there are any seeds in inventories?

blunote00: IDC about DM's stank booty!

Writin_Reg

Yeah, it's mostly the rare seeds and seed or fruits from the WA adventure countries that I had in my sims inventory that created those 2 problems for me. I just lay my seeds down in the garden until my Sims can plant them and the fruits I stored in the fridge. By the way I also noticed when the sims can't fish or shop in their hometowns the merchants in the foreign towns don't appear - at least in my case. Once I started leaving the seeds in the garden and the fruit in the fridge, my sims had no further problem at home or abroad.

Ceeej

Sure enough, I planted my special seed in my inventory and can fish again. Don't have WA, they were just typical orginal seeds. Odd. Thanks for the quick reply! I tried to search before posting but didn't see that solution. Many thanks Off to finish my steak/omni challenge (when I get the offer back after trying to fix this problem!

Joeniel

Pary wrote:I read elsewhere that some people who had this issue fixed it by removing any seeds from their Sims inventory, and putting them into the fridge. After the seeds were out of their inventory, they could fish / visit the grocery store normally again.

THANKS Pary!! Now my sims are able to fish again!! One of my sims can't fish anything in Sunset Valley and another had the same problem in China. Somehow the seeds conflicts with the market and the fishing skill. Weird isn't it?
smoothyrus129

Thank you all for your help! I'll give it a try and see what happens.
MissReena73

I just moved my money tree, omni plant and special seeds out of my inventory, and now I can fish with no problems. Thanks for the tip!

As a side note, I am thinking that maybe it happens to prevent you from fishing with these types of seeds. After all, it would sort of suck to accidentaly fish with a money tree seed

Never explain yourself to anyone. Those who like you don't need it, and those who don't will not listen anyway.
Annamrie38

Thanks so much about the tip to remove the seeds from inventory! I was about to pull my hair out!

Aiyly

Pary wrote:I read elsewhere that some people who had this issue fixed it by removing any seeds from their Sims inventory, and putting them into the fridge. After the seeds were out of their inventory, they could fish / visit the grocery store normally again.

Thanks! Never would have thought that to be the trouble.
Anjelstar76

Yup, you guys were absolutely correct. My sim was a fishing maniac ... and then suddenly he wasn't. And it's funny ... because just before he was going to fish, I had him gathering rare and unknown seeds. Who knew!! I had him plant those babies in his garden ... et voila! Fishing re-enabled. Thanks for the help!
KimmyJean

Same for me. Every time I click on a body of water, nada. Nothing pops up, just my cursor with a little white flower-like thing (some type of mouse image). At first I thought it was just my avi that couldn't fish but her pre-made Sims hubby can't, either (Gunther Goth).
naughtylibra

i'm playing Sims 3 and cannot access the grocery store or book store. when i hit world map it isn't even on it. i tried different locations such as Bridgeport and others and the same thing. what can i do to fix this?
BLADESFTW90

okay so this is a different situation i was playing the game and my Sim had a wish to go to the bookstore and well... buy a book, so he went to the store but he just idols there like hes stupid i don't know how to fix this i have no seeds in my inventory, matter of fact my inventory is empty so i have no clue how to fix this. can someone please help?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/13 09:57 PM

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: