Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Pets Bug Thread  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
AmbsSim

crinrict wrote:
@AmbsSim: Try uninstalling the pet shop for the moment. I have no cause to lags other than the ones linked on the first page for the moment.

I did go ahead and uninstalled the pet shop and removed it from my game, and while I noticed that the initial loading screen loaded up my saved game a lot faster after the pet shop was removed, I'm still having the constant lagging/freezing during the actual gameplay.

I went into another game in a different world, this world being Los Aniegos by Coasterboi which I had downloaded prior to getting the Pets expansion, and that was running fine without any of the issues I'm having in Appaloosa Plains. I noticed that there were reports that some of the holiday set EA store items might be causing the lag, and I uninstalled and removed all holiday sets that I had, went back to my game in Appaloosa Plains, and I'm still having the same problems.

I have also noticed that a different sim that I would switch households to play with in Appaloosa Plains would have the bug where they'd be stuck. When I'd load their house, this sim would be standing completely frozen, like a statue, while everything else, including its pet cat, would be moving and able to be interacted with. Using the resetsim cheat fixes the problem with this sim, but I'm wondering, if this sim and any other sims in the town are getting stuck like this, could that possibly be what's causing the game to freak out and lag/freeze?
I'm also wondering if maybe the fact that there's so many wild animals wandering around at any given time might be creating the hang-ups too, as maybe there's just too much going on at once?

Thank you Crinrict for all of your help with these problems, it's really appreciated!
FilmScored

My game just started crashing randomly. I was playing and then the game freezed. I installed it just fine when the game came out. I played it for a while with no issues. Then I played it in an existing game for a few hours and everything just stopped.

Everything that I have is supported, video card included. I was wondering if this is just an issue that just started.

I have restarted my computer, updated my drivers, reset the Sims 3 settings to default and nothing has helped. Now it will load, play for a few seconds and then freeze.

Any help would be great as this is incredibly frustrating.
Kendra321

crinrict wrote:@martys15. Technical Section of this forum. I was writing-lazy: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page

@Kendra321: Are your graphic drivers up-to-date and what's your card (sorry if you have stated this before)

I just got a new graphics card Friday, AMD Radeon HD 6670 and yes it's up-to-date.
Aonir

Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
Yes, I have NoCD, Overwatch, WrittenWord, Dreamer, NoIntro, and Decensor. The only custom content I have is downloaded from the store.

Do you have Pets or just the Patch ?
I have all expansions, including Pets, but absolutely no stuff packs. I have no idea what patch you're talking about though. I haven't been notified for a patch for Pets yet.

Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones ?
Brand new game using the new neighborhood.

What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
Windows 7

Ok my problem has to do with moving to a new house. I was playing those two large lots next to the Equestrian Center in the new neighborhood. I was living in the smaller one and built on the larger one next to it and moved my family next door once funds were available. My new house has been uploaded to the Exchange so you can see the lot having problems. Anyway, I brought with me 1 adult, 1 teenager and 5 horses. 2 horses not on the lot on Move Day stayed at their current location. However, the 3 adult horses that were on my lot were moved to my new houses porches. Two on the front porch, one on the back porch, and my teen sim went invisible. My horses were stuck.

I fixed the problem by "resetSim"-ing sim, then using "moveObjects on" to get my horses back on the ground. Everything else has been working smoothly since then.
crinrict

@thecub: As in permanently loose or is it back when they stop ? I'll add that

@Dweebg: That is an existing issue. http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/bug-sim-is-running-sn
eaking-everywhere.html

@itsashleyVANITY: If you are using cc you need to fix everything. Check the first page for details

@Seanster1999: Crashing goes in the technical forum of this forum. It might have corrupted your save game so try a new one to see if you have slowness issues as well.

@Langrussen:
- Family tree issues should be on the list, I'll add your report.
- That has also been reported and is some kind of interface bounce. Could be connected to the glitched family tree.

@irishdragon7: xct files are simple crash log files. I don't really see why they can be connected to any bugs in the game. Very strange

@honeybeefive_14: Is your Origin up-to-date ? Try starting your game by bypassing the launcher: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/tutorial-start-game-w
ithout-launcher.html
to see if pets is installed or not. EA was having troubles with Origin because of Battlefield 3 the other day, that might still be going on.

@Scoiattolo: Glad it helped your issue

@NIKOL92: Try this: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-ga
me-to-factory.html
to make sure your game is as clean as possible. Many people are reporting this but I'm not sure what's causing it yet. It might be a pattern or some cc that is still hiding somewhere.

@Nik24X7: If you are a member at twallan's forum it would be great if you could post them yourself. If not, zip them up and upload to mediafire. I will post them at his forum.

@RafreaknRa: Glad that helped

@AmbsSim: Stuck Sims are the reason for lags most of the time (if you can play fine in other towns). Use the Cheat resetsim * (with a star) to reset every single sim in your town and check if that gets rid of your lagging issue.

@FilmScored: Please post crashing issues in the technical section of this forum. There are a few tips linked on the first page but other than that, I can't really help with those.

@Kendra321: Did you see Zeek's answer here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1425/444912.page#68

@Aonir: I'll add your report to the issues

Resender1

I found the sim, sage, she/he is the boss of the educational carreer, but she/he only shows up as a blank portrait. Can't build relationship or invite over
Ok, Im transplanting the family to a new save.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/11 07:40 PM

crazylilelf8106

My existing family from before EP install has no option to make gourmet pet food.

EDIT: And it also appears Kick It Up A Notch isn't working either for the natural cook in the family.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/11 10:24 PM

crinrict

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/10/bug-gourmet-pet-food.
html

----

This concludes Phase 1 of my bug collecting. I will update the first post with the latest bug reports tomorrow.

Beginning tomorrow, I will continue to add completely new stuff (variations of stuck stuff and routing issues or other bugs that are listed will not be added anymore) and I will continue to read everything.

If time allows I will also try to answer some questions and If you don't get an answer, the answer is either on the first page already or you have not included the required info to your post. Please repost the info even if you have reported before.

I will direct my time to reading other forums and find solutions for you guys. I'll be writing up blog entries and linking them in the first page.

---

Remember that although a lot of mods have been updated, they still can contain errors. Many mods are outdated with the EP that have worked for a long time. If you run into any issues, make sure to remove everything before reporting.

Twallan has made his mods compatible so that they work but most of them have NOT been updated to handle the new functionality that pets offer.

Thank you all for participating.

belldonnawhisper

1. No custom content
2. N/A
3. Never used them.
4. I own Pets.
5. Started a new game
6. EA
7. Windows 7 Ultimate.

What EPs do you own
All of them (I uninstalled Night Life because it was causing crashes)

- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?

AMD Phenom II 955BE @ 3.6 ghtz
4 GB RAM
XFX 6870
Windows 7 Ultimate

- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
64 bit..

- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
No.

Anyway. Sometimes after about half an hour or so, my screen stuffs up and shifts to the right... Mixing up the display. It goes away after I restart my computer. Anybody else get this?

Kendra321

ZeekSlider wrote:
Kendra321 wrote:
Kendra321 wrote:I looked through and didn't see this bug so if it's already listed I apologize! When I go to adopt a pet, all the pictures of the pets are fuzzy once they've loaded. My graphics are fine so I'm assuming it's a bug?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
I have one custom content thing. No mods.
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
N/A
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
N/A
4. Do you have Pets or just the Patch ?
Pets
5. Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones ?
Existing ones.
6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
EA, only EA towns.
7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
Win 7

I'm not sure if you can tell but the pictures of the cats are indeed blurry.
It's not a bug.

The game is using the icon that is generated on the side when it is showing the pets you are adopting. As a result, what you are seeing is a blown up version of the tumbnail that you'd see in the game's UI once you adopt them.

....which is silly because they could have just used their CAS image instead, but I guess that's part of them "reducing code."

My apologies, I didn't see your answer! Ahh I see, well that makes sense! Thanks for answering. Even though I don't like the answer.
AmbsSim

crinrict wrote:
@AmbsSim: Stuck Sims are the reason for lags most of the time (if you can play fine in other towns). Use the Cheat resetsim * (with a star) to reset every single sim in your town and check if that gets rid of your lagging issue.

Thank you again, Crinrict! You're a lifesaver! I did as you suggested, and the lag cleared up a lot right away! It still will freeze every so often, but not nearly as bad and as frequent as it was before so I can actually play again. Maybe others who are having freezing and lagging issues can try the resetsim * cheat and see if it helps them at all? Thanks again!
aerisvalentine

Druscylla wrote:My cat keeps dropping off the map. I have hair and skin CC and no mods. It does this randomly. I tried removing Mods folder and still happening. Happened when cat tried to when the cat went to play in the bathtub. reset sim works but the cat will do it again.

Edit: Every time the cat tries to play in a bathtub, it does this. It IS a Store bathtub. Going to try a non-store tub.

Sorry I was excited and trigger happy

Well I am patched Ver. 10.0.96.013001

All EPs and SPs.

Using Win 7, quad-core phenom processor, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4870

New game from fresh install. No saves leftover.

Playing in Appaloosa Plains.

the same to me :S
cuddlebuddle

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
Nope... Only CC from the Store.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
No

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
Never used em ever.

4. Do you have Pets or just the Patch ?

Both.

5. Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones ?

Existing one.

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

Bridgeport

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
Win 7

Sims and pets are going invisible and will not perform their actions. Also when clicking on an object to perform an action they don't do it and the task icon gets deleted/disappears.

Did the whole resetsims cheat code but it still has the same errors stated above.

Thanks.
crinrict

@Resender1: Sage has a broken outfit. So mods are the only means to save your hood. Moving is your best option if you don't want to resort to them.

@belldonnawhisper: Not seen this issue. You might want to post in technical

@cuddlebuddle: Sounds like sim corruption going on in your town. You will either need to resort to mods or pack up your Sims and move them to a fresh neighborhood.

Resender1

crinrict wrote:@Resender1: Sage has a broken outfit. So mods are the only means to save your hood. Moving is your best option if you don't want to resort to them.

OK I moved them to a new safe, the only strange thing was that the sim I had moved out disappeared from the family tree and when I select the founding sim in the family tree he shows no relations to other family member while his son still list him as his father.

I sold both horses off since James II in the game completed his life time want, of being a jockey.
On a side note his wife reached her LTW, of being a secret agent but the plaque went blank.
I've seen this error before many times since ambitions

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: