Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Buying a vacation home?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Halle_M

I can't seem to figure out how to buy a vacation home. I've gone into the "edit neighborhood" screen while in Al Simhara; I can see the vacation homes for sale, but there's no option to buy.

I tried to buy one on the computer when my sims were back home, but there was no option for that, either.

I searched the forum for "buying vacation home" and "buying vacation property", but all I found were threads on how people were having trouble selling their homes...

So, I'm tired and can't think of anything else. What gives? How do you buy a vacation home?

Thanks!

snowbunnybaby

Your sim has to have visa level 3 for that country and then purchase a partnership with that country from the special merchant using your ancient coins.

[
Akila906

snowbunnybaby wrote:Your sim has to have visa level 3 for that country and then purchase a partnership with that country from the special merchant using your ancient coins.

You're partially right. You do have to have a level 3 visa but you do not need to buy a partnership in order to buy a vacation home. Not having one won't prevent you from being able to buy a vacation home, so if you don't want to waste our ancient coins on a partnership, you don't have to, you can still purchase a vacation home without one.

Once you are level 3 Visa, you HAVE TO purchase a vacation home WHILE you are IN the country you want to buy the home in. You can NOT buy one from home.

Just click on your cell phone and select "Purchase vacation home". It will take you to map view and show you the houses and empty lots available to buy, just like in Sunset Valley or Riverview. Then just select the house or lot you want to buy and click on it just like you normally would. And once you've purchased it, you will get a screen that comes up telling you that your belongings are being moved from base camp to your new house.

When you leave the country and come back again you will get a screen that says "Choose Destination" where you can choose to stay at your vacation home or at the base camp. It's supposed to happen, so don't worry that something is wrong

snowbunnybaby

Akila906 wrote:
snowbunnybaby wrote:Your sim has to have visa level 3 for that country and then purchase a partnership with that country from the special merchant using your ancient coins.

You're partially right. You do have to have a level 3 visa but you do not need to buy a partnership in order to buy a vacation home. Not having one won't prevent you from being able to buy a vacation home, so if you don't want to waste our ancient coins on a partnership, you don't have to, you can still purchase a vacation home without one.

Once you are level 3 Visa, you HAVE TO purchase a vacation home WHILE you are IN the country you want to buy the home in. You can NOT buy one from home.

Just click on your cell phone and select "Purchase vacation home". It will take you to map view and show you the houses and empty lots available to buy, just like in Sunset Valley or Riverview. Then just select the house or lot you want to buy and click on it just like you normally would. And once you've purchased it, you will get a screen that comes up telling you that your belongings are being moved from base camp to your new house.

When you leave the country and come back again you will get a screen that says "Choose Destination" where you can choose to stay at your vacation home or at the base camp. It's supposed to happen, so don't worry that something is wrong

My sim has a partnership with France and can purchase a vacation home from home using her cell. She's already bought 2 that way.

Maybe it's not such a waste of ancient coins after all

[
Akila906

snowbunnybaby wrote:
Akila906 wrote:

My sim has a partnership with France and can purchase a vacation home from home using her cell. She's already bought 2 that way.

Maybe it's not such a waste of ancient coins after all

Snowbunny: You are misunderstanding and misinterpreting what I was saying. You said you have to be level 3 visa AND have to purchase a partnership to buy a vacation home. I was just letting her know that you don't "have to" purchase a partnership in order to buy a vacation home. Therefore, she didn't have to "waste" her ancient coins to purchase a partnership in order to be able to buy a vacation home...she can buy a vacation home without one and then purchase the partnership later on if she wants.

Namicalove

sorry if this is a very very VERY old question, but I just bought a second vacation home in egypt and instead of the little home symbol when u open the map up wider, it has like a little blue symbon with a person and a square in it...which im confused about. i want to move into that house i dont want to stay in the old one. how do i switch estates?
Wolfaura

Sell the deed of the home you don't want, then you can move into the other one.

Phoebeeeex

hey All you have to do is get to Visa Level 3, then go to phone and press 'purhase vacation home'. You don't need to buy the thingy from the special merchant
Smeelia

I haven't done it myself but my understanding is that when you buy a second vacation home you aren't given the option to move to it until your next visit to the country (when it asks where you want to stay). Other than selling your current vacation home I'm not sure it's possible to move there during the current trip so if you really want to get there but don't want to sell your first vacation home you might be best to return early and then leave on a trip again as soon as you can.
The_Cosmos

Can you only do this with WA? because I have just the base game w/ lastest patches and in the properties panel it still has the "Vacation Homes" tab
Smeelia

They changed the system for owning property with the "Real Estate" system for Ambitions (it's included in the patches as well I suppose) to have a new interface, I don't think the rules for buying vacation homes have changed though. You can't buy a vacation home if there aren't any available and if you don't have WA then there will never be any available (since there'd be nowhere to own them).

In other words, it's just a WA function .
Flickhorse

The_Cosmos you must own Sims3 world adventures to buy a vacation home. It's worth every penny to own one but you need a visa level3 in order to do so.
HopeAdams

Hi i have 3 vacation homes in china and i want to look at the other houses i have brought yet it won't let me enter them.

Do i have to sell the house i am currently living at to enter the others?

Please Help
Much Thanks
HopeAdams

HopeAdams wrote:Hi i have 3 vacation homes in china and i want to look at the other houses i have brought yet it won't let me enter them.

Do i have to sell the house i am currently living at to enter the others?

Please Help
Much Thanks

Hi,no need to rely, i found out how to move into the other houses. i do it by going on the phone or computer and clicking on real estate and them click on the option 'move to' so i don't have to sell my other houses, i can move between them.
wes2706404

Can you buy a vacation home without world adventures?

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: