Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
World Adventures: Bug List (please post DxDiag)  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
IntentionalEyez

Quick little thing I'd like to point out is that when my sims get off the scooters, they stand for a minute or two with their arms out to the sides. Is this only me?

greenXen

I get that everything going black too except for the merchant bubble or some other specific item. It usually clears up when I change locations. I guess I'm becoming so accustomed to working around bugs, it didn't occur to me to list this as one of them.
amor1980

im so done with this crap. a game that usually took 2 minutes to load is now takeing 15 to 20 mins just to start up the game. when tryin to travel, it takes almost 15-20 min to load the other towns. Keep in mind, that i am playing on a Gaming Computer that with a kick azz video card with its own memory, plus 4 gigs of system memory. Turned all the settings from high to low, and the game still plays like crap. when moving the camra while game is paused or in play, it stops then goes then stops and goes like a laggy reaction to the mouse, it doesnt move like it used to. This is video of my game play before WA and the patches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXiLYrW1-pQ
i have not been able to get video of the way the game plays after because recording is completly out of the question while the game is playing like crap.
Now i have read that people with crappy computers are not having this problem. Good for them. im just posting because the only program i run on my Brand new computer has been the sims3, and its funny after these patches were released the game plays like complete crap.
greenXen

IntentionalEyez, I don't have that problem, but it doesn't mean that others don't.

Amor1980, out of curiosity, are you running Windows 7?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 01:12 PM

SarahKate40

My game play seems to be okay. A few little bugs such as people can be invisible and prob a load more i just havn't noticed. My major problem is that i can't download anything from the store. When i click on download the intenet page says downloading and the launcher pops up but nothing actually happens. It's becoming really frustrating as i'd like the free explorer loot stuff. I don't know exactly when this problem arose as I downloaded stuff when i 1st got the sims 3 but havn't done lately until WA came out and thats when I noticed. Has anyone else got this problem? Or can suggest something I might b doing wrong?
greenXen

Hi, SarahKate. I'm not having problems with the store, but I noticed many people are. One of the problems seems to be with using IE 8. You can check out the thread here for some more suggestions on what might be the problem and the fix:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/126012.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 01:52 PM

amor1980

greenXen wrote:IntentionalEyez, I don't have that problem, but it doesn't mean that others don't.

Amor1980, out of curiosity, are you running Windows 7?

no im running it on Windows Vista 64 bit

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 02:10 PM

lmahedy

Some of the problems I have been having include:

*Sims no longer sit and read, in the reading room they are all standing
around reading.
*Reading is no longer fun, so all my bookworms are unhappy, but reading.
*I don't get creativity or body skills except for the ones you get from
going to the classes.
*My martial artist can't complete his opportunities, he can't report in.

I don't know if these are widespread problems or just mine, but after losing my
saved games, before they had worked out how to save them, I'm getting ready to go
back to Sims 2.
Kiara

IntentionalEyes said:
Quick little thing I'd like to point out is that when my sims get off the scooters, they stand for a minute or two with their arms out to the sides. Is this only me?

I have that to, kind of funny and not really bothering me, I think that is supposed to happen.

I have:
- Lots going blue, not only in sunset valley (which I didn't really care about as I was off to Egypt, China and France for adventures anyway) but also in the other destinations which makes quests impossible as the pyramids don't even show up.
- Traits, inventory, fridge, bookcases and ltr were set to default. This was fixed by deleting the hidden traits mod however.
- Something strange: I replaced a piece of furniture and after I set the new one down the cursor remained a grabbing hand with a red circle with stripe through it. And then I played guitar in the park and the same thing happened. It just won't put the guitar down, I've tried deleting it, placing it on the home lot and in the inventory. Nothing works. It's a huge drag because it slows my cursor down and I can't click on anything. I wonder if anyone else has had this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 04:13 PM

richygill

The bugs are definitely bugged!

I just ran a test where I bought all the bug spwaners from the debug buy menu ("testingcheatsenabled true" "buydebug" in buy mode)

Unfortunately this means some of the quests are un-completable because you can't get the correct bugs.

I planted all types of bugs and waited to see what they spawned. The 3 location bugs are not working at all.

France should produce Ceremyx Bug but produces Light Bug
Egypt should produce Scarab Bug, but it produces Ladybug
China should produce Assassin Bug, but it produces Water Bug

The Tomb bug produces Ladybug and China bug produces Water bug. I'm not sure if these are right or not.

Also the All bug does not produce the 3 location bugs, just the base game bugs.

A quick workaround for the missing shop keepers:
If your sim is at a shop and the keeper does not turn up, go into buy mode, use the clone tool to clone the register, place the new register, delete the old one, reposition the new register to where you want it. When you get back into the game your sim has transported back to there lodgings. If you then go back to the shop and wait a little while a new owner will turn up!

This game still has a memory leak, but since i updated to NVidia’s beta driver, the game is considerably more stable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 04:18 PM

crinrict

If you don't see the bugs, remove Rick's NoMosaic Hack. It's not compatible with the EP. Get the new one over at crazy town.

Slow loading is usually caused by some download like objects or hair. Try removing them and add them one by one to find the culprit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 06:41 PM

Deconwinter

Certain Sims can only Fish in WA content - They were masters before WA. No options whatsoever pop up in vanilla content.

Food Spoils in fridge as if left out. Regardless the fridge. Old or New. Bought or Career Rewarded.

Coffee and the Energy Bar aren't restoring Energy - This is bad because the sims go to drink coffee, and then can't sleep because of the buzz. I could swear my sims in town are dying because of this.

There aren't any benefits to the Martial Arts Achievements.

The Catacombs in Vanilla are basically void of any encounters, not even zombie bears.

Prolly not a bug but all sorts of folks from the town are constantly moving out. What's up with that?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 07:14 PM

simvova

These are bugs which I have so far:

1. Food spoils. If a sim puts the prepared food back into the fridge, the food becomes spoilt very soon. This happens with every type of fridge all the time.

2. Sims become younger after their travel to Egypt, France or China. My sim was 2 days before becoming old. But after the trip her age was 15 days till becoming old. The same happened in the other neighborhood.

3. The grid blinks when I switch from buy/build mode to the live mode. This happens every time. (My video card is Radeon 4850 512 MB, tried 2 versions of video card driver - previous and latest, no changes)

4. Sometimes my sim spends VERY much time when I send him to explore the tomb on the cemetery. Sometimes he is back as usual, but sometimes he's inside the tomb until I cancel this action.

5. The bonuses which are given for collecting are counted incorrectly. My sim had 9 different gems before the WA expansion. That was 90%. After installing WA EP he'd found one new gem. Overall persentage became about 60%. That's correct. BUT: my sim received a bonus for collecting all gems, though he doesn't have all of them. Same happens with bugs, butterflies, meteor rocks and metals.

6. The tombs do NOT reset. My sim had explored some tombs. In some time he died and his child went to China/Egypt/France. And all the tombs were already explored, all the doors unlocked, all the traps switched off. So it isn't interesting at all! Only one sim can explore, and the next generations can't explore the same tombs, unlock doors, etc.

All these bugs appeared after installing World Adventures EP and updating it to 2.2.8.002017 version.
No mods and custom content are installed in my game. Only from Sims 3 Store.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 08:18 PM

greenXen

Simova, I'm not sure #5 and #6 are bugs. The gem reward requirement changed from "all" to "10". I think this was so that Sims who had already received the collection reward wouldn't have their already earned reward taken away. It also keeps the collection rewards from becoming impossible goals as otherwise the bar would continue to be raised with each EP that added new collectibles.

I don't think the tombs not resetting is a bug, but an intended feature. Perhaps a design flaw, but not a bug.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/24/09 11:31 PM

SimGuru_BGY_11

greenXen,

Thanks for compiling this! It's going to help us work out the issues some simmers are seeing with the latest patch and World Adventures.

Let's keep this thread on topic and used for bug reports. We appreciate feedback from everyone, but please post feedback in the appropriate forum so we can remain focused on resolving technical issues here.

-Big Guy-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/24/09 09:34 PM

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: