Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
NEW WORLD: Angel Falls – ONHOLD  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
SummerSong86

Well it looks too fabulous to resist so I just ran a backup of my game. I'll go ahead and install and hope that no TSR content inadvertently got packaged in. If you've run it with no problems then I imagine any CC that does get packaged in should pose no problems. Spring has sprung as far as the dog and my kid are concerned so my Sim time is cut down a bit drastically but I hope to get at least 20 minutes tonight to look things over. I don't know if that's enough time to catch any problems but I should at least get back to tell you how I like the layout and so forth.

I wholeheartedly echo what the other ladies said about TSR. You'll find the subject of them is like the town haunted house. Some people will fearlessly talk openly about the goings on they know about. Others, like me, aren't sure exactly how far the ghosts leave the lot, so we speak in hushed tones and kind of mumble vaguely. LOL!

EDIT: I just noticed it was in a .world format. Even if I put it into a Angel Falls.sim3 folder it's not going to have the same files in the folder as my other saves do. The only folder that has .world files in it is Installed Worlds. I'll try that if your instructions don't work out but I'm not sure I've ever downloaded a world in this format before.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/10 08:37 PM

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
Pary

I think your world looks really lovely, its obvious you've given it a lot of care and thought
However, like the other ladies, I would rather not have anything from TSR included in the download. I find the site distasteful, and from the sounds of it , the folks who run it are even more distasteful. With the exception of one or two wall coverings, I try not to have anything from that site included into my game.

blunote00: IDC about DM's stank booty!

SummerSong86

Sadly does not work no matter how I try to get it to show up in my game. It's just Angel Falls.world with no additional files. To go into the Saves folder it would need additional files to go within the folder. Maybe you need to upload your saved game folder instead. Is there any way you can upload the Sims3pack to media fire? I think you can still use the option within the game to "Share" as if you were going to put it to the Exchange. But instead it just creates a saved world in Sims3pack format that you can upload anywhere and we can then put into our Downloads folder for proper installation.

Also--and I don't know if this has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with my attempt to install the world or if the forum is just messing with us again, but everything for EA's official site, including all the info on my Welcome page within the launcher is now in Spanish. I checked that I'm logged in as United States with my location. But now EA thinks I speak Spanish.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/10 09:03 PM

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
StarSarah

SummerSong - i am so sorry you had trouble downloading the world. I have re-upoaded it and have tested it and this link should def work (fingers crossed) http://www.mediafire.com/?kqm1oymmonk

With this file you should just be able to double click it now to download it to you game. Let me know how you go xxx

SummerSong86

Yes, it installed! Going to play it after watching American Idol and doing chores. LOL--My husband and I must keep the same routine as Writin_Reg and her husband do!

Lila

Hi StarSarah!

I was so excited to see your wonderful town. It's just the kind of town I've been looking for. I downloaded it a couple of hours ago and have been playing it. The layout and the houses are great. It's been a little laggy for me but that could just be my computer. I do have one issue, and again it could be me, but everyone that goes to Doo Peas (i forgot the name in the game) gets stuck. I have to resetsim every time. Even the townies are getting stuck and there will be between 2-4 all together with only half legs. I really love the town and want to keep playing it. Have you had any issues with this happening? Thanks, and again, it's a beautiful place.

Lila

SummerSong86

Family of Father, Mother and two teen daughters is stuck in 3 Diamond Row. They can't seem to route to ANY buildings. All actions directing them to a any rabbit hole (I tried testing Doo Peas first) gets cancelled and when I go back to check on them they are waving hands in the air like something is blocking their path. I'm in the game now and Alt Tabbing to make the post.

I also experienced exactly what Lila is reporting with another Sim. The Sim was in a house near Diamond Row but was able to get out and about. I sent her to Doo Peas to take a writing class since my test day is a Sunday and her option to work hasn't come up yet. She disappeared into the ground to her knees. There were numerous LONG pauses in the game lasting several minutes where nothing moved both on the way to Doo Peas (the cab froze but sound continued) and once we got there. She was able to take the class but as I was outside the building taking the camera for a look around the lag was just more than I could take. I also noticed what appeared to be outdoor lighting sunk into the ground in the cement outside of the back view of Doo Peas.

I did not have too much lag previously when I sent an unemployed adult and teen sim in to check out the beaches so I think some of the lag was due to employed sims needing the game to spawn coworkers for them. The game spontaneously moved in 3 other sims into town. I'm going to check a fully tested established town I have just to make sure I didn't pick up some faulty cc hairs today.

StarSarah

Jeeze - sorry guys. Obviously Do Peas has some serious issues going on. I will work on them tonight and try to correct everything.

Thank you for your feeback. Let me know if there is anything else as these things have not been showing up for me

xxx

SilverDragon111

StarSarah, your world is BEAUTIFUL! I very much love the central park

Bye, guyzz
Love ya <3
StarSarah

Thank you SilverDragon. Will you be downloading it and giving it a go? x

SummerSong86

I was just thinking the bad lag and outright pausing I got may have been caused by the Sims in 3 Diamond Row being stuck on their lot and suffering some weird routing issue. The routing issue may only be something you can see in CAW. I don't know if it was due to anything on the lot. They were all out in the yard when it happened so it wasn't something inside the house itself. I've restored my entire game from a backup I had before this world was installed so unfortunately I can't go back in and check for you.

Writin_Reg

Yep, finally played last night after idol, and ran into the same bogging down on Diamond Row and at Peas tower. I had a sim just jogging near the tower and he also ran into the ground, but didn't get stuck, he just ran back out of the ground and continued on to where I had sent him. At least a taxi and 1 regular car passed my jogger at the point he 'sunk' in front of the tower and both vehicle nearly stopped moving at the same spot so the problem must extend a bit into the road. The taxi actually just vanished after it's hesitation, but the car continued on.

While looking over the town after it had been running a couple hours I got a bit of a jerky kind of movement - something not usual with my pc or the sims 3 at all - but finally saw what might have been causing it as two townies apparently decided to run down a fairly steep cliff (it was a sandy cliff) and also got themselves stuck. I tried to use moveobjects on to grab them, but where I was not on any lot, the game just propelled me back to my own lot so I guess they remained there. At this point I decided to forego testing and removed the world from my game.

I'm sorry it did not go better, and that I have to report the problems. You obviously put a lot of work into the town, so I feel for you. I suppose it is better to know the problems though, than not - but there is defintely a major problem near the office building and at least the cliff on the right wing of the Island. I do not know if any other cliff has a problem as I only caught that issue about a half hour before I gave up on Angel wings. I have seen sims run up and down cliffs in other worlds to my dismay, I just haven't ever seen any get stuck and it was a bit disturbing as these two sims were kid age. Sort of bothered the mom in me a bit not to be able to get them out.

I know, I'm being a silly goose, but you should have seen me in Sims 2 when the newborns were placed on cold stone floors in nothing but a diaper. I cannot seem to convince my brain that virtual people don't suffer... or do they? are not real... is it possible? Naww, don't even think it....

That's my mind. Scary, huh?

That's the trouble with people like me who spend and unusal amount of time with imaginary people - no I'm not crazy - at least I don't think so - but I write books and Simming sort of helps me bring my characters to life. I think sometimes a little too much. hehehe - But nevertheless, the stuck kiddies were just too much for my mother's heart to bear.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/12/10 06:27 PM

StarSarah

Hi Regina

Thank you so much for your feedback and i am so sorry you had problems with my world. I will go and correct these issues and test everything again x

SummerSong86

Not knowing which houses you made yourself and which lots you downloaded, I'm not sure my following input will help anything, but I found out last night it is apparently possible to "break a world" by corrupting a household or lot.

I honestly don't know precisely what happened or how I did it but last night I broke Sunshine Daydream. It happened when I was settling some sims into the crowded trailer park area. Sunshine Daydream is divided roughly into four parts, and in the area I was working in, the lots sizes were perfect for small city houses I'd made previously. So I was bulldozing some of the trailers and putting my houses in. I settled some characters into the houses, but for two houses I kept evicting the residents to the clipboard to go back and change things on the houses in BUILD/BUY mode from the EDIT Town menu. I didn't want to yet play in each house and change it while the people were in it.

At some point after evicting and putting people back in and repeating that process on the same two households numerous times, I got tremendous lag in the game. Panning across that quadrant where those houses were from Edit Town's view became slow and jerky. Trying to play some sims in that quadrant caused the game to pause and freeze and run jerky.

It was the same effect I'd gotten on occasion in your town so I wonder if you've got a couple of corrupted lots. Definitely do something about the lot I mentioned--bulldoze it and test it out.

The only way I got rid of my problem was just to delete my saved game and start a new Sunset Daydreams and put my houses in without constantly editing them after I'd placed a family in. Sunset Daydreams is now fine again. I had known it was not the world's fault because I'd already beta tested that world and it always ran flawlessly.

It's possible that one of the houses you downloaded for your world was corrupted in some way. Best wishes and best of luck to you on troubleshooting.

StarSarah

Thank you so much for this info. I will delete 3 Diamond row but i have downloaded a couple of other houses so i guess i need to go in and test all of them....

Phew - i have some work ahead of me!

xxx

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: