Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
inventor  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
DeadlySimP

Hm.....is the consigment shop REALLY the one that'll help you with the level...????

ShawnettM

Just a little note to some who just got the game. The consignment shop hours are 9:30am to 6:00pm. You just click the register to consign your items there. They also sell some nice stuff and it usually changes items each day.

Happy Simming
Poohmom437

My sim has the salesman trait or whatever, has registered at city hall as an inventor and has reached level 10. Much to my dismay, he hasn't received any credit towards career advancement! It took a while to figure out that the consignment shop is only staffed during certain hours, but once I got that part worked out, he's been selling his wares from there. So this lack of progress must be a glitch. Do I sense a patch coming? Now the poor guy wants to quit his job. And for the record, I find that the guide is no help with this at all.
fryger

For whatever strange reason to level up in the inventor's job you must sell your items from your sims' inventory (click and drag the object to the box on the left hand side) This is what I have been doing and my sim is on level 7.
Writin_Reg

deleted double posted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/10 05:25 AM

Writin_Reg

First of all my Inventor is not self employed, he went in the inventor field via the science facility, and he does secret inventions so he ranks up faster than going it on his own. He gets a lot of perks too, like they have him fix stuff for the lab, or invent things for them and he gets big bucks and his career soars. He went to the consignment shop and first got to know the merchant there. He then clicked on the cash register to buy, and the book lists both buy and sell things, so hit the tab for selling things, then you click in how many of all the items in the inventors inventory he wants to sell, and the prices he wants for the items or let the shop keeper decide, which ever you want (I let him decide the early stuff, now my inventor decides). I periodically bring in more stuff, and I also get pop ups to the prices I've been getting as often the shop keeper will get way more than my inventor priced it at. When that happens, he also gets a bonus, plus it gives him another Science carrer boost at the science lab.

My inventors traits are - Angler, Green thumb, Genius, Eccentric, Athletic

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/10 05:24 AM

diddl97player

Yayyy I'm getting it on the....11th???

But as long as you'll love me
I will still love you
But if you don't love me I will go
As long as you will love me
I will still love you

Big up for N-Dubz!!
NMATHEWS79

i tried as well nothing worked when i clicked the cashier to buy but when did it in the new ambitions world it worked
CGGuy

It's a bug and they fixed it!
Here please "http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/The-Sims-3-Patch.shtml"
kdkkgkk

I have Been wondering about this. it is a huge problem. thinking of my money back
andie6061

Selling items at the Consignment Store is where you typically should go to sell the inventions.

There was a bug out that made the items sold, not count for your advancement in your career field. Along, with the latest patch, they supposedly fixed this. But I have been finding more and more people, who's still don't work.

First check to see if your game is fully updated. If it isn't, I would rec' that you update it. If it is fully updated, and the problem is still there, then your only bet is to still sell out of your inventory.

It doesn't bring in as much money, but at least it still advances your career. Hope this helped

EDIT: To Consign items you MUST go there during store hours. To consign items, click on the cashier. When the store menu pops up there should be a tab called 'consign' this is where you sell your items. Drag which items you want to consign and click done. You WILL NOT get your money right away. This only means your items will be up for sale. If they sell you will get your money, if not the items will be returned to you via mail.

If you don't get the items back in the mail, go back to the store and cancel the consignment (only the sims who originally put the items up for consignment can cancel) and get the rest of your items back that didn't sell.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/08/10 09:38 PM

sgreen37

The latest patch fixed the problem.
KuteKittyKat

To sell items as an inventor you can either sell them from your inventory or go to the consignment store, click on the register and select Buy, then click the consign tab (on the right) and consign our items You advance in your (self employed career which you get from City hall) career by meeting the sales requirements City hall gives you job titles automatically when you meet those requirements that is how you get "promoted".
Hope this helped
PHOEBESMOM601

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Simsister2004

kirajmp wrote:I know, hopefully it is just a bug that consignment shop sales don't count toward career advancement. It took me a while to figure out I have to sell them directly out of inventory. I thought that was the whole purpose of the consignment store, to help advance the new professions. Oh well, no more consignment shop I guess, at least until he is at career level 10.

NO, it's not a bug, and you don't need to sell them out of your inventory. Let your sims go to the "buy and sell" store, and choose "buy" on the cash registry, then the option of selling somes up too, and you sell it there.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: