Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Will vampires and celebrities show up in Sunset Valley?  XML
Forum Index » Late Night
xm0n1c4x

chicolane17 wrote:
xm0n1c4x wrote:I started a new family in Sunset Valley and there are tons of vampires and celebs around. I only noticed Gus Hart at first, but it looks like he's bitten almost everyone! and most celebs are 1 or 2 star, but i've seen a few 4 stars (geoffrey landgrabb)

did you import them or were they already there?

they were already there!
TheSims3Me

I found the same problem with Ambitions. The new lots were placed lazily and scatteredly in Sunset Valley so I moved to Twinbrook.
Looks like the same problems gonna occur when I get Late Night. They should try and adapt the TS2 method of things (added neighborhoods to your world for each EP) because that would be quite effective.

saieden

I started playing in Sunset Valley, and one of the sims already in my neighborhood (not my family) was turned into a vampire at once. I guess he's the starting point, as several others were soon turned as well.

No celebrities as of yet though.

With the lots problem, there isn't even much space in Sunset Valley for new lots to be placed for clubs, so I'm just editing several pre-existing lots. Its slow work, as I'm not terribly creative , but I will upload my edits as I finish them for other simmers to enjoy.
Kierstalchan

Celebrities do happen in Sunset Valley, though so far all the ones I've seen are one-star. Gunther Goth, Judy Bunch, and Claire Ursine all had 1-star celebrity level after about a day in game - I guess it just takes time for the game to assign celebrity levels to sims in older neighborhoods. I imagine it's the same way with vampires, too, since Claire Ursine also became a vampire after a few in-game days.

However, this was a brand-new game and not a pre-saved neighborhood. Though I don't know of any reason why it would be different for pre-Late Night saves.
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

I'm still playing in Sunset Valley off and on just to see what will happen. Still all I have is people like Nick Alto and the grocery guy with 1 star status and no vampires. My clubs there are still dead too. My Sunset Valley is an old save that I've been playing off of for a long, long time now.

xCRxRIDERSx

this is when i miss the sims 2 because the EP's used to interact with the neighborhood you were in.

im hoping EA makes a way to change the crazyness of having to restart.. :/

someway to join the expansions into one town.
Damienf519

wright1 wrote:According to the prima guide page 128 I Quote- Vampires are not exclusive to bridgeport. If you move to SV,Riverview, or any other city, you will find Vampires there too, as long as you have Late-nite installed.

Wright1

That's nice, I have the strategy guide, but I don't think I noticed that until you pointed it out. I wonder why some people are having trouble finding them than. Maybe it has something to do with Bridgeport having a higher population than Sunset Valley or Riverview. Maybe there's some metric that determines the number of vampires in the town based on the number of normal sims that already live there. Also it might have something to do with the fact that non of the other towns have Lounges or Dance clubs by default and according to the strategy guide vampires like to hang out at those places.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/10 05:07 AM

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
Damienf519

xCRxRIDERSx wrote:this is when i miss the sims 2 because the EP's used to interact with the neighborhood you were in.

im hoping EA makes a way to change the crazyness of having to restart.. :/

someway to join the expansions into one town.

xCRxRIDERSx,

If you have a lot of patience, create all in one hoods like I do. It takes time, but if you know how to use Create A World, you can do it.

For example, right now I'm working on a World Adventures/Ambitions, all in one hood called Autumn Leaves. It will have all the special lots types from Ambitions, plus all the community lot types from World Adventures minus the tombs and the base camp.

Next I'm planning creating an Ambitions/Late Night, all in one hood, however I don't know what I will call it yet. I'm also hoping to eventually create an everything in one hood, that will include all my versions or some other player's versions, of all the lots unique to each expansion pack that they will ever make, (minus some from World Adventures that I will have no reason to include) plus all the base game lots.

As for vampires, Wright1 just pointed out that the strategy guide says that they should appear in other neighborhoods automatically as long as Late Night is installed. The same appears to be true for celebrities.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/31/10 05:46 AM

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
Kierstalchan

It's probably just a matter of not finding the vampires or celebrities, even though they may exist in the neighborhood, you or your sim may not necessarily have seen or met every single possible sim that lives there, especially in older save games that have been played a lot - the population increases and it's possible that the vamps and celebrities are sims that don't go out much or frequent places the player doesn't.
Bcfn24

I don't know if this will work, but from what I can understand is you have to add the clubs and bars to your town because from what I gather the celebs and vamps hang out at night on the town. Now, I don't know if that means that you will start seeming them around town or not.

chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Kierstalchan wrote:It's probably just a matter of not finding the vampires or celebrities, even though they may exist in the neighborhood, you or your sim may not necessarily have seen or met every single possible sim that lives there, especially in older save games that have been played a lot - the population increases and it's possible that the vamps and celebrities are sims that don't go out much or frequent places the player doesn't.

You don't have to have met every sim to be able to track celebs with the Map of the Stars. It tracks them for you by star level and so far no big celebs in Sunset Valley.

TEK427

chococat9 wrote:
Kierstalchan wrote:It's probably just a matter of not finding the vampires or celebrities, even though they may exist in the neighborhood, you or your sim may not necessarily have seen or met every single possible sim that lives there, especially in older save games that have been played a lot - the population increases and it's possible that the vamps and celebrities are sims that don't go out much or frequent places the player doesn't.

You don't have to have met every sim to be able to track celebs with the Map of the Stars. It tracks them for you by star level and so far no big celebs in Sunset Valley.

I made my own Vampire Lounge and I inserted a Dance Club and Exclusive Lounge in Riverview, but I've yet to find any celeberties or vampires in my town. It's been about a sim week and I have the Map of the Stars, but so far I can't find any. Maybe it takes longer times for others (like me ).
HayleyBofDE

I played the other towns like Sunset Valley. I noticed some of there "acquaintances" have turned into vampires. I haven't caught any celebrities though. Paparazzi I have.
Erpe

Vampires and celebrities will show up in Sunset Valley if you have EA Story Progression activated!

The problem is the same as if you play for generations in Bridgeport because what will happen when all the vampires and celebrities die? The game will just make new ones to replace them - unless you have deactivated EA Story Progression.

chococat9

Well, so far Riverview is my answer...at least for easier placement of the new lots. A lot more flat land along the road there.

I've always had story progression on.

Anyway, I've started a new file of Riverview, placed all of the new Late Night buildings and I'm going to play the hell out of it and see how long it takes to get vampires and celebrities. If ever. And I've NOT imported any sims from Bridgeport.

Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: