Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Sims 3 Newsstand - Check out these Sims Magazines!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
dtyui

^ That's a good point I hope you get an answer
madison1909

MunkyPly2

LadyEmillye

Hey Everyone,

I have the Christmas Edition of SimsSanctuary E-zine Issue 7 coming out as early as Christmas Eve as late as Christmas Day (prolly towards the evening).

I think it will be my biggest issue to date with returning articles like LE's Cooking Corner and LE's CC finds, and some new ones like LE Style Corner, which is for my blog that houses my creations and my own CC.

I also have two ads, one for TS3 CC Gallery and one for LE's School of Editing, a new project I am working on to help simmers new to modelling learn the ropes. Class in session Jan. 3rd.

And SimGuruHydra, I have mostly reorganized my website, SimsSanctuary around. The link you have is no longer valid, as I have removed the forums. But I did move the e-zine to my blog, here: http://simssanctuary.webs.com/apps/blog/categories/show/867758-
simssanctuary-e-zine
with all the back issues 1-6 there as well.

Minraed

Shutterbugs presents the first of what will hopefully become a series of Sims-photography (Simtography) tips to help you improve your sim photos for challenges and story making.

Enjoy!

Minraed

could I also request an update to the SIFF Programme link in the table of contents? We have put out a second SIFF programme for the past round in Fall (and will be a new one this coming Spring) which will all be posted on this page...

SIFF SOUVENIR PROGRAMMES

LadyEmillye

SimGuruHydra

Happy New Year magazine creators!
Awesome to see new issues.

We'd love to do another Newsstand event on our FB to help your magazines get more views soon! We'll let you guys know when we create one.

Until then, keep sharing!
Edwin

Hi there! My name is Edwin and I'm from the Netherlands. About six months ago, some friends of mine and I started Simview: a Dutch Sims Magazine. Since then we've built our own website and created two magazines. We even managed to have our magazine printed and sold and we're very proud of that.
Unfortunately we are not going to translate our magazine into English, however if someone would like to do this, they should definitely contact us. We're also looking for some affliates.

You can visit our website and read an online version of our magazine at www.simview.nl. It's definitely worth a look. If you want to read the latest issue, simply click on the cover on our website.

We understand that it's hard for you to understand all articles, but if you like our magazine you can click on the Like button at the bottom of the website. We'd appriciate that.

www.simview.nl

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/11/11 10:27 PM

SimsGirlForever03

ive subscribed to the living sims magazine. it looked too fascinating to ignore~

One does not simply, simply not does one.
CorgwnArmada

CorgwnArmada wrote:Not wanting to be a buzz-kill or anything... because these magazines are lovely... but isn't there something in the EULA that forbids the *sale* of derivative works?

I'm not talking about the free ones. No one is making anything off of them. No harm, no foul... but there is at least one of these magazines that has a rather hefty subscription fee.

I'm really surprised to see an EA rep so openly condoning what is essentially theft of their product.

Please, would someone from EA explain to me how they can rationalize this use of their product for profitwhen their own EULA forbids it?

Still no answer. Anyone? Bueller?

LadyEmillye

Just a heads up that SimsSanctuary E-Zine Issue 8: Hearts Edition has a tentative release date of Feb 14th.

I've included an Ask LE section. The Ask LE has its own blog: http://simssanctuarye-zine-askle.blogspot.com/ where I am doing other articles that require simmer participation

My website still houses the E-Zine.

And there will be tons of Valentine's Day goodies. It's hush hush for now

RepulsiveDesire1

LadyEmillye

I'm also looking to expand. I have application forms to fill out on my newly recreated forums.

Current positions are Writer and Simtographer: http://simssanctuary.webs.com/apps/forums/show/5154087-simssanc
tuary-magazine-applications

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/06/11 09:08 PM

LadyEmillye

The SimsSanctuary Magazine: Issue 8: Hearts Edition is now available:

And just a small note from me:

Hey all,

One, due to the fact that the blog can't handle the html code to host the magazine like the old site I used to use did, I created a separate page that will start with Issue 8 and all other issues will remain on the blog.

Speaking of, I upgraded the E-Zine to a magazine. It has all the capabilities I could want. It can embed youtube videos into the magazine and I can have clickable pages.

The Table of Contents has listed what pages are clickable and what pages has youtube videos.

Because this is a new site I am using, I was unsure of how it would layout, so this issue is also a test run for the first issue of the upgraded magazine.

All bugs will be sorted out eventually, and I will pretty up the page housing the magazine now so it fits with the rest of the site.

Enjoy the magazine: http://simssanctuary.webs.com/simssanctuarymagazine.htm

LE

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: