Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Update 10/11/11: Sims won't go to work - Theories and Workarounds  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
georgin

1. What hood is this happening ?
- BridgePort -

The first family I started playing with in bridgeport, ea premade. 4 sims in the household, 1 went to work ok (mausoleum guard), the other three : policewoman, bartender, and actress did not go. Carpool didn't come to pick them up, and in the job panel there's no "location" button to find out where their jobs are. When I click on GotoWork, the icon disappears in a second. I used the workaround for the policewoman by transfering her to the city hall and she finally went to work, but the other 2 I don't know how to send them to work. I don't know their bosses since I have just started playing the family.
I haven't played any other families since I installed Late Night but I assume the problem will be global.
In general it seems like the gameplay has gotten worse after this ep, many other glitches that didn't exist before.

Oilbasedoleander

Bridgeport

2. What job has your Sim and what level is he in ? What rabbithole is that ?
Lvl 10 Actress

3. Did he never go to work at all or did it suddenly start ?
Suddenly started.

4. Did you get any work opportunities and was he able to complete them ?
Once i got a "work opportunity" i could complete it and it counted as "working". Right now, i have no opportunities so she will not work. Meanwhile the experience bar lowers with the wonderful red words stating "missing work".

5. Did he miss any car pools at all ?
No car pool.

6. Does the car pool show up or does he have his own car ?
She has her own car, but refuses to drive to work. The carpool no longer shows up. I can make her go to the lot by not clicking "go to work" instead click "go here" but even when she's on the film lot, she will not work.

7. What symptoms do you see ?
Little bubble in the corner pops up for just a second stating she can go to work but cancels out. Well not cancels. Just disappears.

8. Did you have troubles like this before ?
No

9. Do you have sims that go to work ?
Yes. Her husband is in the rock career branch. No problems there... hopefully not in the future.

10. Do you have any cc/mods in your game ?
No

Oilbasedoleander

Oilbasedoleander wrote:1. What hood is this happening ?
Bridgeport

Lvl 10 Actress

Suddenly started.

Once i got a "work opportunity" i could complete it and it counted as "working". Right now, i have no opportunities so she will not work. Meanwhile the experience bar lowers with the wonderful red words stating "missing work".

No car pool.

She has her own car, but refuses to drive to work. The carpool no longer shows up. I can make her go to the lot by not clicking "go to work" instead click "go here" but even when she's on the film lot, she will not work.

Little bubble in the corner pops up for just a second stating she can go to work but cancels out. Well not cancels. Just disappears.

No

Yes. Her husband is in the rock career branch. No problems there... hopefully not in the future.

No

I fixed it.. thought it was a long shot but worth a try. Went to my last save before my sim stopped going to work. Hopefully you 'save as' often! If your actor/actress has an award waiting for them, collect it. The carpool will show up or you can take your car.
It's working fine now.

catloverplayer

I'm having this issue in BP when I'm playing the spouse. Her husband doesn't go to work when she's downtown and also the repo woman has showed up twice because the bills haven't been paid and she took a lot of stuff. I didn't never get a warning the bills haven't been paid and this happened in one of the high rise apartments.I'm playing the game on freewill high.

The Sims 4 Coming September 2nd.
XZelkovaX

The City area
He's a Hair Stylist as his profession he is level 5
it just started tonight
He wont go to any of his job opportunities to style people
he doesnt have a carpool
see previous question
the action to go do a job appears in his list for two seconds than vanishes
no
yes
only the ones that were offered with the game
Happytime

SimGuruLily wrote:As a temporary work-around try sweet-talking your boss into giving you a promotion, it should fix the problem.

I'll try this work-around, and cross my eyes, fingers, and toes that it works. Thanks for posting the fact it's being worked on, Lily.

It's kind of a bummer that my first Sim playing a celebrity in Late NIght's having a bug where he CAN'T GO TO WORK. It's ... annoying, at the least.

-- Happytime

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/30/10 01:41 PM

TierraSmith23

My sim is a lead actress and she can no longer go to work or complete any opportunities. If I send her to work two hours early she will go but she doesn't wear her work clothes, she wears the surgeons clothes??? The last opportunity she did before she stopped being able to go to work was at the hospital researching a role.
tifferoo004

Wow. I just had this issue for the first time and it's extremely annoying. I hate having to move my sim up the career level by cheats.
Cathy20086

the game keeps freezing on my it will not let me create a sim or build a house this sucks
belare

JOURNALISM!!!
cooldood555

Okay, I have a question (if I'm allowed to post this here). I just started a new family, so none of my Sims have jobs yet. But none of them are even able to get jobs! I can give them professions, but that's it.
I've tried using the computer, clicking on the buildings, and using the newspaper, but the option is just not there!

EDIT - When I went back to play the game again, they were able to get jobs, but still can't attend. So, I'll answer the questions.

Bridgeport.
2. What job has your Sim and what level is he in? What rabbithole is that?
Part-Time Film Career, level 2, and they can't go to school either. (They're teens).
3. Did he never go to work at all or did it suddenly start?
Never.
4. Did you get any work opportunities and was he able to complete them?
I haven't bothered getting any because if they can't go to work they can't be completed.
5. Did he miss any car pools at all?
They have their own scooters, but I usually have them walk to work. However, my child Sim went to school on the school bus and still couldn't attend. (And, oddly enough, he was late for school!)
6. Does the car pool show up or does he have his own car?
They have their scooters, but the school bus shows up.
7. What symptoms do you see?
They'll go all the way to the front doors of both rabbitholes, but then they just stop. If I try to make them go in, they complain as if something's in their way, even though nothing is.
8. Did you have troubles like this before?
When Ambitions first came out, but then it fixed itself somehow. I don't think I did anything to fix it, either...
9. Do you have sims that go to work?
Nope. I tried to get one of my Sims to get a job in the Science career, but when I directed him to go, he went all the way there and next thing I know, he's swimming in the pool in front of the rabbithole!
10. Do you have any cc/mods in your game?
Yeah, but when the problem started I hadn't put any into my game yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/31/10 03:35 PM

masaruchan

Bridgeport
doctor , level 3
i start when i install 「late night」, and when my baby turn to toolder and more 4 days will birth, it start.
i haven't try
no
ya. his own
my sims go to work by car, he arrive the office, and disappear in a few mins, and appear at home
no
no
i deleted all. but can't fix. please help
Lea347

Bridegport

Cinema career level 9

Suddenly start the day after my sim became elder

No

No

The car pool show up, but he is not able to take it, the action is cancelled every time

action "to go to work" cancelled

No

Tes, his girlfriend is in the same career (level 7) and she is able to go to work.. she's adult

No
HappySimmer3

This is a problem for me in a custom suburban-type 'hood. No opportunites are involved. My sims will get a notice that the car pool is coming in an hour but sometimes it does not show up so my sim does not go to work unless I direct them to. This has happened in more than one household. One sim was in the science career in one household, but the next day her car pool came. But she also has had multiple cars in her inventory. I mean like 6-8 cars. Some of them were the orange SUV thing and a few were the sedan. In the other household, one sim was in the business career and it happened to him, and another was in the film career. The film career also had multiple sloppy jalopies in her inventory.

I have some of Twallan's updated mods in my game so my next step will be to remove all of those and test to see if this is all still happening. I'll repost if I find anything different.

OriginalSimmer

Sooo, you have us answering these questions but, um, now what? lol

Theres still a problem. Are you gonna fix it or?

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: